“Best hotel stay... EVER!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Sorry for my delayed review... I stayed during the first week of December on a business trip. A coworker of mine recommended I try out the Hotel Palomar- and I was REALLY glad for the tip! I arrived early, just to drop my baggage, prior to heading into the office that morning and I was greeted- extremely warmly -by Justin at the front desk,,,,AND he was able to check me in- which was an awesome surprise! The room was fantastic- and I was relieved to get a bit settled before my week long stay. Nice view on the 18th floor! I still can not stop talking about the great elevator music :) I really looked forward to wine hour every night! The hosts were always awesome, and you felt like you were being served at their home... the fireplace... the truffle oil popcorn... and then there's Danny on guitar... not only a great voice... but wait.. there's more! He's also a fantastic bartender :)
I loved housekeeping's personal note... always nice to come home to after a tough work day...
I can not wait to go back to this hotel!!!! Perfect location for my work week-- lots to do in the area.... even the doormen are spot on... just super fantastic! Oh! and I even received a personal email from the hotel manager- and look forward to booking a romantic trip for my boyfriend and I as soon as I find a free weekend!!!
I plan on booking at more Kimpton hotels, when the opportunity arises. Thanks for a wonderful week!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Hi LisaD,

This review just made my day! I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for sharing this review. We can't wait to welcome you back into our home.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Staying at the Palomar was the worst customer service experience of my life. Two days after I checked out, a charge of about $100 appeared on my credit card. When I contacted the front desk, I was routed to Accounting and then told they would call me back, which they never did. Finally, I managed to speak to Rachel McGowan in the Accounting Department, who told me that she required a form to take the charges off, but she could not identify what form it was. After several phone conversations and multiple emails, I finally got the charges removed. The Palomar is a hotel that I want to like, but why is the Palomar trying to antagonize its customers? Staying here is not worth the hassle.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Darren P
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Darren P,

I can't express how disspointed I am to know that this issue left such a sour taste in your mouth. At check-in, your credit card is authorized for an additional $75 per night to cover any incidentals. If a debit card is used it will display as a pending transaction for 2-7 business days, depending on your bank's policies. If no additional charges are incurred during your visit the hold then falls off back into your available funds. Again, I do apologize if we did not clearly communicate this to you but am happy to see the issue has been resolved. Please feel welcome to reach out to me directly if I may be of any future assistance.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My sister and I usually stay at Hotel Monaco but I have always wanted to try Hotel Palomar. I can truly say I was not disappointed! The location is amazing; so close to Rittenhouse Square and all the best restaurants. The staff are welcoming and will bend over backwards to accommodate you and resolve any issues. We had a problem with the heat. It was so cold on the first night. The front desk was genuinely concerned and had the maintenance/engineering dept come up twice. Then they sent up warm chocolate chip cookies and hot tea to help us "stay warm". It was a sweet gesture and the issue was resolved. At check out, Austin not only recommended a place for brunch but he went out of his way and called ahead to make sure they could accommodate us. With beautiful rooms, great decor and such outstanding customer service, I am certain to return!

p.s.The wine hour with truffle popcorn.... definitely a bonus!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vanntastic

Dear Vanntastic,

We're so happy you ventured to our side of Broad Street! Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. So sorry about the cold temp but I'm glad to see it was resolved for you. Hope to see you again for another night in town!

Cheers,

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I love this boutique hotel. There's always something going on in their living room. But honestly the Jacuzzi made me fall in love! Why would I want to go anywhere else!! After hours of bathing I like to stumble in the many bars around. I always travel alone so I try to stay away from the traditional mahogany armoire hotel chains. Oh yes and the GM there was super cool, suggested a nice restaurant and gave me vouchers to a nearby club. I always leave pleased which is very difficult for a brat like me! ;-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank QBMcclelland

Dear QBMcclelland,

Thanks for the shout out! I'm thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay so much and want to personally thank you for your business. Come back for some more soak time soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was our 3rd stay at a Kimpton hotel. The front desk was very friendly (Naeema was especially helpful and sweet). Our room was small but that was fine. Everything was clean, the location was perfect and we enjoyed the morning coffee in the lobby. We would definitely stay there the next time we visit Philly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nycgal77,

Thank you for sharing such sweet feedback about your stay. I'll be sure to personally thank Naeema for providing great service. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I'm a big fan of Kimpton Hotels and this one definitely matches the Kimpton experiences that I have had elsewhere. The room was furnished in the stylish and understated Kimpton way, low and very comfortable bed, and a very tempting mini-bar. I stayed there near my birthday and the staff left me a cupcake from a local bakery, and the front desk gave me a coupon for 2 glasses of champagne, a piece of cake and $10 off my bill. They are always thoughtful and generous at Kimpton Hotels!

One thing to note - Make sure you put your "Do Not Disturb" hanger on the door if you want to sleep late. Housekeeping came knocking at 10am to "remind" us that check-out was in 2 hours.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FloriDeLis

JeuxNeurDeLis,

Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for celebrating with us. So sorry about the early morning knock! Hopefully you still got to relax late into the morning. We appreciate your feedback and I'll be sure to share it with the team.

Come back soon,

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

What a great spot. Steps from Rittenhouse Square, great restaurants and all that Philly has to offer, it was a great escape from the winter blackout. Terrific decor, truffle popcorn and pet friendly, it is a great spot with a friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amd40

Amd40,

Glad we were able to provide some light to a dark week at home! Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience.