“Outstanding Customer Service”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My sister and I usually stay at Hotel Monaco but I have always wanted to try Hotel Palomar. I can truly say I was not disappointed! The location is amazing; so close to Rittenhouse Square and all the best restaurants. The staff are welcoming and will bend over backwards to accommodate you and resolve any issues. We had a problem with the heat. It was so cold on the first night. The front desk was genuinely concerned and had the maintenance/engineering dept come up twice. Then they sent up warm chocolate chip cookies and hot tea to help us "stay warm". It was a sweet gesture and the issue was resolved. At check out, Austin not only recommended a place for brunch but he went out of his way and called ahead to make sure they could accommodate us. With beautiful rooms, great decor and such outstanding customer service, I am certain to return!

p.s.The wine hour with truffle popcorn.... definitely a bonus!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vanntastic
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Vanntastic,

We're so happy you ventured to our side of Broad Street! Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. So sorry about the cold temp but I'm glad to see it was resolved for you. Hope to see you again for another night in town!

Cheers,

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I love this boutique hotel. There's always something going on in their living room. But honestly the Jacuzzi made me fall in love! Why would I want to go anywhere else!! After hours of bathing I like to stumble in the many bars around. I always travel alone so I try to stay away from the traditional mahogany armoire hotel chains. Oh yes and the GM there was super cool, suggested a nice restaurant and gave me vouchers to a nearby club. I always leave pleased which is very difficult for a brat like me! ;-)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank QBMcclelland

Dear QBMcclelland,

Thanks for the shout out! I'm thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay so much and want to personally thank you for your business. Come back for some more soak time soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was our 3rd stay at a Kimpton hotel. The front desk was very friendly (Naeema was especially helpful and sweet). Our room was small but that was fine. Everything was clean, the location was perfect and we enjoyed the morning coffee in the lobby. We would definitely stay there the next time we visit Philly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nycgal77,

Thank you for sharing such sweet feedback about your stay. I'll be sure to personally thank Naeema for providing great service. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I'm a big fan of Kimpton Hotels and this one definitely matches the Kimpton experiences that I have had elsewhere. The room was furnished in the stylish and understated Kimpton way, low and very comfortable bed, and a very tempting mini-bar. I stayed there near my birthday and the staff left me a cupcake from a local bakery, and the front desk gave me a coupon for 2 glasses of champagne, a piece of cake and $10 off my bill. They are always thoughtful and generous at Kimpton Hotels!

One thing to note - Make sure you put your "Do Not Disturb" hanger on the door if you want to sleep late. Housekeeping came knocking at 10am to "remind" us that check-out was in 2 hours.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FloriDeLis

JeuxNeurDeLis,

Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for celebrating with us. So sorry about the early morning knock! Hopefully you still got to relax late into the morning. We appreciate your feedback and I'll be sure to share it with the team.

Come back soon,

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

What a great spot. Steps from Rittenhouse Square, great restaurants and all that Philly has to offer, it was a great escape from the winter blackout. Terrific decor, truffle popcorn and pet friendly, it is a great spot with a friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amd40

Amd40,

Glad we were able to provide some light to a dark week at home! Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Staff was unbelievably rude. Wine tasting was a good idea but not when there are hundreds of people in line and staff knew nothing about the wines. Front desk and manager were so rude when a simple room accommodation was requested.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brian h

Brian H,

I am incredibly disheartened to learn of your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies. If you have a moment, please reach out to me directly on 215-525-9461. I'd like the opportunity to hear the details of your stay and to find a way to turn this around.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We arrived on a Friday afternoon - early check-in - because we had tickets for a show that night at the Kimmel Center (a short walk away). The valet staff was extremely friendly and attentive. The lobby is inviting, but crowded given the fireplace and the home-like atmosphere that attracts one to "hang out" there and relax. The front desk staff was friendly, as was nearly every staff member we encountered during our stay. We extended our stay within an hour of arriving, and were glad we did.

The evening "wine tasting" was a nice touch, with a cool vibe of relaxing-in-the-city and folks having a good time. We had an excellent pre-theater dinner at the restaurant, and would recommend it to non-guests as one of the better hotel restaurants where you get what you expect and don't over pay for it.

We reserved a King Spa room. Not overly large, but it was very clean and the extra price for the air-jet tub (spa) for two was well worth it. The bathroom was smallish except for the large walk-in, glass enclosed shower and tub area, with the tub behind the shower. It was perfect for some long relaxation, after spending the afternoon walking around the city. We almost missed our dinner reservations that night.

The Palomar provided a wonderful respite from our typical Monday-Friday life... for that weekend, especially since we live not far from Philadelphia.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 17th floor in a south-facing room. No city view, but quieter on that side. We lived...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RJBizzle

RJBizzle,

We're glad you did too! Great to see you were able to enjoy our space and relax for the weekend. Thank you for staying with us and sharing this great review.

See you soon,