“Philly's BEST!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Palomar is truly a diamond in the Kimpton chain. Service was outstanding, the minute we pulled up to the curb we were made to feel welcomed and appreciated. We actually stayed three nights at the Palomar while visiting Philly, our rooms was modern comfortable and really spacious for the price. We loved the hot tub shower combination which had a breathtaking view of the city. The front desk made checking in a breeze, the on duty desk clerk was friendly, informative and never seemed to be put out for anything you needed or requested. This is truly a 5 star hotel with all the service and attitude of such. The Restaurant square 1682, Sable Kitchen serves very interesting, flavorful food. I highly recommend the Amish Chicken it was great for a dinner selection. We loved the downtown location, easy to moderate walking to most restaurants, and the Philadelphia theatre district. When in Philly select the Palomar!!!!

Room Tip: Really just about any room is great, but ask for one higher with a view..
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Timothy V,

Thanks for continuing to stay with Kimpton Hotels. We appreciate your feedback on both the Hotel and Restaurant and can't wait to have you back for another visit.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

As a dog lover, I was so excited to finally stay in a Kimpton hotel. Everyone who loves dogs (and travel) as much as I do raves about this group of luxury hotels.

Unfortunately, I was extremely underwhelmed.

Prior to arrival, I had requested the VIP package for our dog. When we arrived at our room, there was no such promised package. Furthermore, when I requested a couple of dog bowls for food and water, I had to wait 15 minutes before a man came up to my room to say they only had one bowl left. "Sorry," he said.

As a hotel that I trusted to make my dog feel welcome, I was so disappointed. I was hoping to make Kimpton hotels a "must," but with this mind of treatment, I simply can't recommend this hotel, especially for those traveling with dogs.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Margaret B

Dear Margaret B,

Your review is upsetting as we do promise to deliver a much better experience than what you've described. Thanks for the feedback though, we'll certainly examine our current process and make improvements where necessary. Thank you for staying.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Philadelphia is blessed with many great hotels. But on our recent trip to attend Greenbuild, we wanted to stay in a LEED certified hotel, and Hotel Palomar met our needs perfectly. It was close enough to walk to the convention center (when it wasn't raining) and a short cab ride when it poured! Our room was clean, spacious, and well appointed, but we could have used a larger bathroom sink area and more hooks or towel racks. Our housekeeper brought us in a stand for the extra towels so that we could hang and reuse the ones that we wanted to keep. Although the coffee in the morning downstairs is nice, we actually would have preferred an in room coffee maker so that we could have warmed up with a cup after walking back from Greenbuild - or had a cup of hot tea before bed. We learned when we checked out that they would have willingly brought us one - which goes to show you should always ask and not suffer in silence! Fabulous staff, particularly Lamont and Austin, at the front desk. Everyone was thoughtful, courteous, and genuinely wanted our stay to be a pleasant one. Hotel Palomar maintains Kimpton's high standards, which we hope will include more LEED certified properties!

Room Tip: We asked for a corner room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nancyolah,

We had a great time hosting the Greenbuild attendees! Thanks for taking the time to review your stay and for sharing our love for sustainability. Hopefully we'll have the chance to see you again before the next conference.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is really located in the best area of the city with the bars, top restaurants, and shops surrounding the hotel. The hotel itself is located on a busy block and at first seems small, but packs a lot into the space. The rooms are really nice with elegant decor and all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. One of the best parts of it all is the adjoining restaurant that offers the best room service menu I have seen yet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear jmb161,

It's great to see that you were able to enjoy the hotel, restaurant, and surrounding neighborhood. There's so much to explore, I'm sure we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We used to stay in the historic section and wanted to try something new. Awesome dosa place around the corner and the restaurant in the hotel was yum! We love Kimptons, so friendly and feels like home away from home. Ask for a fish to keep you company in your room. This hotel is in a renovated office building and they kept many of the interesting architectural features and embellishments. Try it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

JoAnnSF,

Appreciate your reviewing the visit! Thanks for staying and come back and see us again soon!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

As you'd expect any Kimpton/Palomar hotel to be, the environment was very comfortable and the staff was kind and welcoming. The food was delicious, the rooms/lobby were lovely. But, I wanted to express my extreme appreciation for how kind every single employee was to me and my puppy. From the reception staff, doormen, room service, wait staff in the restaurant to the maid service, everyone seemed genuinely happy that I had brought along my dog. I was in town for a conference and while the convention center is a solid 15 minute walk, I was still able to get back and forth to take my pup for a walk in between sessions. It's just a short walk over to Rittenhouse Square where lots of dogs and their owners congregate to play. Also, I had my puppy in a satchel once and went shopping at several of the stores in the area and each was also very pet-friendly and allowed me to bring him in with me. What a lovely visit to the area....its so nice to be in a place that really seems to welcome and enjoy your pet, rather than see him as an inconvenience they are just tolerating for a fee. Bravo, Palomar, your staff made our trip so wonderful!!!
PS - if you are a coffee drinker, I would recommend requesting an in-room coffee maker. While the morning coffee in the lobby is nice, I like to have a few cups in my room instead of having to fetch a small to-go cup from the lobby.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ktotrips

Ktotrips,

Thanks for such an awesome review! The Rittenhouse neighborhood is certainly very pet friendly. We love to welcome pets into the Hotel and are pleased to read you felt so welcome.

See you again soon,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Very nice hotel, immaculate rooms, helpful staff, great location. Really enjoyed the "spa" room with the huge spa tub, great view of the city. Lobby was cozy with the fireplace going and of course the wine happy hour is a very nice touch! I love the small perks of being a Kimpton member…$10 credit for mini-bar/food and free wifi in the room. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Citymanin,

We enjoy having you! Hope to meet you at wine hour during your next visit.

Happy Holidays,