“I love Kimpton!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
North Carolina
“I love Kimpton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Palomar had everything which makes the Kimpton experience great. Polished professional staff, the " you need it? we can take care of it" attitude. Special cheers for Rosa in housekeeping who kept my room spotless and went the extra mile. I ate at the restaurant and thought the service excellent and the meal good.
The location of the hotel was perfect for me. I love to walk and the Palomar was an easy walk to all the major attractions.
My only gripe was despite setting the thermostat on 65, the room got pretty warm at night. Otherwise I loved it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cmcfong
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
cmcfong,

We love you too! Thanks for the shout out to Rosa, I'll be sure to personally share this feedback with her! So sorry about the room temperature, hopefully it didn't impede on a good night's sleep! In the future, let us know if you have any trouble and we'll be sure to remedy it right then and there!

Until then,

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

For those of you who like to search for hours online or ask around via word of mouth to be absolutely, positively, certain you will get the best value and experience at a hotel before you commit to booking it, this is the one.

If you're looking for a sign, this is your sign: Hotel Palomar.

I know most people instantly shy away when they see dollar signs, weary of spending money when you can never be sure what you'll get, but if you want to go all out, you can definitely trust Palomar. You will not want to leave, but when you do, you will leave happy knowing your money was WELL spent, not wasted.

From the moment my friend and I arrived and they held the door for us as we walked in till the moment we left, we had the ideal experience. Check in was quick and easy. No wait, and everyone at the desk was professional, welcoming and accommodating. A pleasurable experience, literally right from the start.

As many other reviewers have mentioned, the King Spa is truly worth the experience. Having that bathroom and sinking into that tub is like having the spa treatment, but right in the privacy of your own personal hotel room. Photos do not do this hotel or the experience justice. Everything is about quality. From the chic modern decor, to the toiletries and every amenity you could want. Palomar does not skimp out in any area .

Our room had a beautiful view, which was especially pretty at night when you with all the pretty lights of the city. When you're ready to turn in for the night, the thick curtains sufficiently block all that out too.

Also very quiet. I read so many reviews about people who go to a CITY, and complain about noise. You're in a city, there's going to be noise. It's part of the experience. However, I can honestly say, we didn't hear anything in our room (but we were all the way up on the 20th floor so, that probably helped).

Palomar is in an ideal location no matter where you want to go. It's right around the corner from the boutique shops and cafes in Rittenhouse Square. Or, Macy's, Conventions, Reading Terminal and Chinatown are all just a few blocks away. A couple more blocks away you can get to Historic Society Hill and Penns Landing or, the famous Rocky Steps and Museums on the Parkway. Whatever your fancy. At Palomar, you're close by.

I am SURE to return again, and I am looking forward to booking at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia next time I visit and look forward to more Kimpton stays in other cities in the future as well.

For anyone who is new or unfamiliar with Kimpton Hotels, be sure to sign up to be a Kimpton InTouch member. It's FREE, and you do not have to stay a half dozen times to get perks. This was my very 1st stay and I the perks started right away:

- FREE in room WiFi access ($13 a day for non-members)
- Complimentary $10 credit for the bar or minibar (EVERY visit)
- Discounted upgrades (when available)

The Numbers, for those interested: We originally booked a King Spa room for $250 which was before taxes/fees etc. In the end, after taxes/fees AND the upgrade to a deluxe suite on a higher floor, the total, all taxes/fees included was still under $300

Note: If you have AAA, use it for even more discounts at Kimpton hotel properties. I know Palomar Philadelphia accepts it.

Room Tip: Any King Spa, well worth the little extra you pay for it. And higher floors are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ace L
Hi Ace L,

This feedback is awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and can't wait to do it all over again on your return!

See you soon,

Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I need to start with the disclaimer that I stayed here for a conference and picked this hotel mostly because it was one of the few left.

Okay. That said, I'm really glad I procrastinated and the Palomar WAS one of the few left. It has been a long time since I stayed at a hotel and really, really wished I could stay longer.

First - the staff was great from check-in to check out and at all points in between. From the desk clerks to the doormen to the valet staff to housekeeping - all friendly, all helpful and all willing to go a little extra distance to make you feel at home. I've seen some hotels that were almost at that level...almost.

The room was far, far better than I thought it would be for a mid-city, downtown hotel. Big, comfortable and one I didn't mind coming back to. Great shower as well. If I had to gripe, I'd gripe that the pillows were a little soft for my liking, but that's a really minor gripe (and it seems I could have gotten a firmer one had I asked).

I only ate breakfast in the restaurant, but it was a good size and tasted great. I read a couple reviews that seemed to complain about the service but the 3 times I ate there the service was fantastic.

Oh...and the 5PM wine tasting? I'm not a big wine drinker but I was for 3 days. The atmosphere was friendly, it was relaxing and the wine? It was really good.

I'd love to stay here again. The location is great (walk everywhere and we did), close to attractions and great restaurants, and again...the staff was terrific. First experience with a Kimpton hotel and if they are all like this I will be a customer for a long time!

Room Tip: Higher floors have city views, lower floors look at walls. Go higher! Rooms next to elevator are not...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hounddog62
Dear Hounddog62,

We're sure glad you picked us too! A week at a conference can be so draining! I'm pleased to read that the Palomar was a comfortable place for you to return to at the end of each day! Come back and see us next time you are in town!

Kind Regards,

Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Being a frequent international traveler and a Kimpton InTouch Inner Circle member, I tend to have abnormally high expectations and habitually test hotels and their staff to make sure they are properly trained to achieve. This Palomar passes with flying colors. Initially, I had trouble with requesting a late check-out due to the hotel operating at capacity. When the front desk agent could not offer me an extended check-out, she sensed my frustration and contacted her team leader. The manager later called me with a request to have a face-to-face talk with me, and was able to work with me to achieve a resolution in an extremely professional manner. I was not expecting this level of service, quite frankly.

The hotel itself couldn't be in a better location, with Market St. around the corner and Rittenhouse Sq. a few blocks away. If you have never been to Philadelphia before, this is the best place in the city to be. Of course, you have your usual Kimpton charm and amenities such as the evening Wine social and free bike hire. Stay here and you will be impressed!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hctruong
Dear HCTruong,

Thank you for continuing to stay loyal to Kimpton Hotels! As a road warrior, your professional feedback is of the utmost importance to us. I'm thrilled to see we were able to exceed expectations and thank you for taking to time to share the review. Can't wait to have you back again!

Best,

West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love to go to Hotel Palomar for a quick getaway. The staff are awesome and they go out of their way to make your stay great. The rooms are nice and funky. I definitely reccommend this hotel for any stay in Philly. The bar is great too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
HI CG1836,

Thanks for your recommendation. We know you have many different Hotel choices for your weekend getaway and we are thrilled to hear you continue to select us! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Until then,

N/A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I frequently stay with Kimpton when I travel, so it was a no brainier when I was in Philly last month. The staff was awesome, room was spotless, the suite was spacious and well done, the soaking tub was unbelievable, and it was an overall great experience. Kimpton has and will continue to be my hotel chain of choice when I travel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Geoff A
Hi Geoff A,

We continue to appreciate your loyalty to Kimpton Hotels! Thanks for selecting the Palomar Philly as your home in the City of Brotherly Love. Pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us. We can't wait to have you back!

Best,

Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My experience at Hotel Palomar was beyond the best! I was greeted right away and I felt like I was at home in my own neighborhood. Every single person I came across had energy and they were excited about their job! I love a positive environment! I WILL be coming back and I WILL booking my King Spa Room again! I had the best experience ever! Thank You all for your kindness and hospitality!

• Stayed October 2013
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hi khristabella,

Wow! What an awesome review to read! I will absolutely share your comments with our team as there is nothing better than knowing our guest's feel like home in our home!

Can't wait to have you back,