“This hotel exceeded all my expectations”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

In addition to what you would expec
from a 4 star hotel: a beautiful clean room & hotel.You receive free wine,pretzels ,popcorn &fresh water
at scheduled times thru out the day.
They even have bikes available.But the staff is what makes it
The staff (on all shifts} goes above & beyond to be helpful, courteous & friendly. I would go back in an instant'

• Stayed: July 2013
Nick_Gregory, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Dejose,

Thanks for staying with us. I'm so happy to read you got a chance to tour the city on our new custom bikes! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review, I'll be sure to share it with the team.

Nick

Write a ReviewReviews (2,631)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'd give 2.5 stars if I could..not exactly "poor," but "average" at best. I always read reviews before choosing to stay anywhere. Staying here only made sense because it was the #1 hotel in Philadelphia. (We stayed in May.)

Being that it was a top-rated hotel, there are certain things I just expect. Being able to check-in at check-in time is the main one. We arrived a bit early and our room wasn't ready - totally understandable. The (very friendly) woman at check-in said they'd call us in about a half hour. That half-hour turned into 2 hours, allowing us to check in at about 4:00. While the front desk was a bit apologetic, they kept saying/blaming(?) it on the fact that they were sold out the night before. I'd expect a hotel of this caliber to be able to have rooms ready at check-in time, regardless of it being sold out. We were going to a wedding and needed to be in our room at 3:00 in order to get ready and leave in time for the wedding - this left us only 45 minutes. Based on other reviews, I expected some kind of sympathy or something to make up for this, but we got nothing. I just feel like we completely missed out on the personal service this hotel boasts.

Of course the room was clean, and we love the jetted tubs. But unfortunately, these are the only nice things we have to say about our stay. Hotel Palomar is the closest Kimpton hotel to me and I'd love to stay here again, but I'm just unsure because our stay was so "meh."

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a larger bathroom with a jetted tub.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ff6393
Nick_Gregory, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Ff6393,

Actually, you should have had such high expectations. We have high expectations for ourselves and are all sorry we missed the mark on your experience. I can assure you that your stay next time will live up to those expectations. Please feel welcome to reach out to us personally prior to your next stay!

See you again soon,

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel steps from Rittenhouse Square. Trendy, but elegant decor. Luxury bathroom amenities. We stayed with our dog and needed to check in early and they were incredibly accommodating. Would definitely stay here again when in the area. Kimpton chain is great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Chappaqua3,

Thanks for staying with us and for writing such a great review. We look forward to welcoming you and the pooch back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

While I have grown to expect excellent service from kimpton hotels, Hotel Palomar continued to impress in that regard. From the moment I stepped off the busy curbside I was treated with great customer service with a staff that introduced themselves to me by first name. I was making a cross country move so they were able to handle my cat and my unusual luggage with no problem. They gave me a complimentary glass of wine and half off valet parking (because of a summer promotion). The modestly sized but well decorated room was ready to go for my pet and me. I highly recommend and I will return.

• Stayed: July 2013

Daninwa,

Welcome to the neighborhood and City of Brotherly Love. Thanks for selecting us as your home for the night during your move, glad we could help take a load off. Come back and see us anytime!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

When you venture into a new city we never seem to know what we will find. One this trip we were surprised in a good way on both Kimpton hotels we stayed at (see Alexandria Va Lorien Review).

Again as is true in any hotel, the building itself is one thing, in this case the hotel is modern, clean and the downstairs restaurant and unexpected good surprise. But the staff at this hotel also did an excellant job! It was great to see people working with smiles on their faces and its the people, the workers that make the hotel!

Being a big city I have to take several trips to learn an area but we felt safe in this hotels location, taxis at the front door, reasonably priced and clean!

All made our stay perfect!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HeadsUp737

HeadsUp737,

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to smile with you! It's our favorite part of the gig. Please come back and see us next time you are in Philadelphia. We can't wait to welcome you back home!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked this as a secret hotel and couldn't have been more pleased with it. The rooms are a decent size and stylishly decorated. The beds are incredibly comfortable with amazing pillows and the showers are wonderful. The location is perfect, ideal for shopping, sightseeing and nightlife.
Wine hour is a brilliant idea and we took full advantage of it! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and when they found out it was my husbands birthday they made him feel very special. I really liked the boutique feel to the hotel and loved the quirky fun touches to the décor. I just need to think up an excuse to go back to Philadelphia so that I can stay there again! A fantastic experience that really made our trip great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear cp-k-v,

If you ask us, we're one lucky secret hotel pick! Glad you had the opportunity to experience what we have to offer. We'd love the chance to celebrate next year's birthday with you and your husband too!

Come back soon,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. Accessible by train, right in the middle of the action. SUPER clean, I really appreciated the accommodations. The staff was very, very friendly. My only negative would be that the hotel is very dark, it makes it a little bit weird. I didn't necessarily feel very comfortable walking through the floors because of the darkness, but that is a personal preference. Very good overall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Laura_Magal,

Thanks for the review! We are right in the heart of Rittenhouse Square and surrounded by great restaurants and shopping. Hopefully there were enough bright spots in your visit to outway the hallways as I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Philadelphia.

Kind Regards,