“Cool and luxurius !”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were there only for 2 nights and we loved it! Not only the rooms are nice and confortable, but the whole atmosphere of the hotel is the perfect mix between cool and luxury.

On top of it, don‘t hesitate to go to the restaurant, it’s really a good one.

And finally if you prefer to go out, the hotel is right next to the city hall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elieliberman
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear elieliberman,

We agree - Square1682 is delicous! They just recently reopened after a refresh and are getting rave reviews from our guests. Thanks for staying and allowing us the opportunity to provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable visit.

Come back soon,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The bed was super comfortable. The shower was hot and sustained. Nothing smelled, either in the hallway or in the room. The checkin was speedy and friendly. That normally gets 5 stars. Where the hotel slipped was the rather outrageous parking charge for overnight parking. $40. Please figure that into the bill when you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BethlehemUpintheair

BethlehemUpintheair,

Thanks for the 4 star review. As a tip for next time, check out our website for the availability of the Philly Overnight Package. It's a couple dollars more than the best available rate but it does include valet parking. Hopefully the comfortable stay will bring you back for visit #2!

Thanks for sharing,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was attending a conference at the Convention Center and didn't want to stay in the hotels right next to Convention Center so I chose the Palomar based on the proximity to the Convention Center (about a mile) as well as to the "cool" part of Philadelphia (Walnut Street/Rittenhouse Square) and because it's a Kimpton.

This is a boutique hotel in an older building so my room was on the small size but well appointed, modern and very comfortable. I love that Kimpton hotels don't nickel and dime you on everything especially if you are one of their "InTouch" loyalty members (which is free to join) - the $10 credit that you get for mini-bar means I at least can get a free bottle of water!

The Palomar does what hotels are supposed to do - have fantastic hospitality and a welcoming and comfortable environment.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CatS121

Dear CatS121,

Thanks so much for choosing us to be your home away from home during the conference. We are certianly in a great neighborhood that has a great deal to offer visitors and locals alike. We welcome you back anytime and hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this hotel based its location and positve reviews. The bell and desk staff were friendly at check in, and the room was decent, but small. The problems began after returning to the room after a day running around the city. My wife (who has moderate allergies to pollen/cats/dogs) started sneezing like crazy & became very congested. This eventually led to difficulty breathing and even I began sneezing. I am normally not allergic at all. We were both very itchy & uncomfortable & showering did not help. It was a miserable night and we didn't get any rest. I expressed my concerns to the lady at the desk during the check out process, at which time she told me that "this was a pet friendly hotel" and that pets were allowed on every floor except three. This would have been great information for us to have DURING THE CHECK IN. I guess I should have known to ask for a reduced allergen room at check in? Anyway, this was the most uncomfortable experience that we have ever had staying anywhere, including little $50 motels. The only reason that I gave this hotel two stars instead of one is that the staff were at least pretty friendly and the location is good.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be swimming in pet dander and allergens ask for a pet free floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Massarchers

Dear Massarchers,

SO sorry you were uncomfortable during your time with us! Being pet friendly is near and dear to our hearts at Kimpton and we do welcome all animals, without restriction. That being said, we aim to provide a comfortable experience to all guests and offer pet-free hypoallergenic guest floors. Please send me an email at wendell.bush@hotelpalomar.com so I can add this specific request to your guest profile. Next time you're with us or in any other Kimpton Hotel you won't have to ask and can be assured a comfortable night's rest.

Best,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was not my original choice for a hotel because of the cost(pricey) and distance from the Convention Center but I was moved here due to an over-booking issue at my original hotel. As it was, the walk was quick and I felt pretty safe, both day and night, coming and going from the hotel to the center. My room was directly off of the elevator and I was concerned the noise would disturb my sleep but it got quiet at night. The room was a very comfortable size, was eloquently decorated and had a large bathroom. The room was also spotless. Service was excellent. My only complaint is that the garments I left behind at check out were never found and there was no offer by the hotel to compensate me in any way for the clothing that was not returned. It was a disappointing end to an otherwise nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane G

Dear murphydog14,

Sorry to hear we ended things with a disappointment. I'd love to take a second look into this. Please email me at wendell.bush@hotelpalomar.com and I'll get the ball rolling.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to both hotels, and following my recent trip to the Palomar, the two are now tied for my favorite. In the interest of full disclosure, the Palomar would take the lead had the Monaco not employed someone who helped rescue my dog. Both hotels go to extreme lengths to make sure my 60-lb pit bull and I feel spoiled. Beyond that, the hotels are always pristine, which is our top requirement, and either location is perfect depending on which side of Philly you're visiting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear amnon t,

If we're gonna tie for first than we're glad it's with the Monaco! Our sister hotel is still fairly new in town but is certainly doing an excellent job. The Palomar does love to welcome (or spoil) our furry guests but more importantly we appreciate you continuing to stay with Kimpton Hotels.

See you next time,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are a Mario Buatta person, this is not your hotel. Its décor is angular and modern but the service is very friendly. All staffers I encountered were eager to please and very personable. My room was well-appointed but the bed nearly filled the bedroom area which, fortunately, was flanked by a dressing area that was thoughtfully arranged. The bed was very comfortable and the shower divine. The afternoon wine reception was enjoyable and breakfast in the restaurant was tasty and efficiently delivered. The lobby pulsates with music and activity.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are not the reason to visit this hotel although they will meet your basic needs. If...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Pam S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your feedback. From the review, it sounds like we were able to provide you with good service, a good sleep, and a good meal. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we'll see you at wine hour again in the future.

Kind Regards,