“great stay”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 8, 2013

vey nice boutique hotel in center city .....the staff here couldn't do enough to please you! There ws a smile everywhere you looked...from check in to housekeeping. The room was clean and comfortable, Many restaurants in he area as well as avenues to shop. I would come back again!

Thank whereISthebeach?
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

whereISthebeach?

Thanks for staying with us here at Hotel Palomar Philly. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back again real soon.

Wendell B.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,622)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My fiancee and I always try to stay here if we can. It is so luxurious and very reasonably priced. Ask for a spa room if you can, it is UNREAL in terms of what you can get for this price in philly. Oh, and I sleep like a rock in their bodacious beds.

Room Tip: Get a Spa room if you can, make sure you don't miss the wine hour.

Adam L,

Thanks for staying with us again here at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia. You and your fiancée are always welcome here. Please come back and visit your Hotel Palomar friends again real soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel while visiting the Phila. Flower Show. Our experience here was excellent in every respect...personnel, service, cleanliness, comfort all outstanding. Only critque is cost of valet parking ($40 per night) . Location allows you to walk to many attractions and restaurants. Would certainly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room

59hoya,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us while attending the Philadelphia Flower Show. New Jersey is only a short drive away so please come back and spend another weekend to just relax and enjoy the city of Philadelphia and all that it has to offer.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I heard about the Palomar through a friend and decided to book it for a 3 day stay over a weekend. It was clear that they were very busy, yet everyone on the staff was extremely courteous and pleasant. The rooms we had were immaculate and beautifully decorated. The 5-6 PM complimentary "wine hour" felt a bit like a cocktail party - fun. While we did not eat in a restaurant there, the room service breakfast was good.
I have been in wonderful hotels all over the world, and felt that this one held its own.

Room Tip: We had two rooms. For a small additional fee, we were able to have a room with a good view, flooded...
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Laura77760745,

We are glad that you chose Hotel Palomar Philly for your recent weekend stay. Thanks for your kind remarks about your stay. We would love to have you back so that we can take great care of you all over again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent the weekend with my wife and three other couples at the Palomar. I was really not expecting much of the city and had reasonably positive expectations of the hotel. Upon arrival, I was already refreshed by a welcoming and unique lobby experience; cool, fresh, comfortable, inviting. The room was really nice as well. It was properly sized for a big city and very well equipped. The bathroom was very nice as well. For the price, it was great value. I also have to say that the area surrounding the hotel (Center or Central City) was vibrant and active. It felt like a smaller NYC.

Room Tip: We faced the front of the hotel which was nice until there was a traffic jam in front of the hotel i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

PaulK1969,

Thanks so much for choosing Hotel Palomar Philly for your stay during your 'fun weekend in Philly." We are so glad that you and your wife as well as the other couples enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back again real soon for a fun relaxing weekend in Philly.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I barely write reviews. I travel enough for business and leisure that I trust what I read. Staying at the Palomar in Pilly has compelled me to write a review. I'm a loyal SPG member - I try to stay at SPG hotels (westin, W, etc.) but I figured I'd try out the Palomar since so many of these reviews suggested it was a magical experience...and guess what? They were correct. Friendly, accommodating team, clean cool rooms, and a wonderful vibe. I liked it so much, I'm going there again in just two weeks. It's a great value without sacrificing luxury...in the heart of everything. I can't wait until my next stay.

Room Tip: splurge for a spa room or suite with a spa soaking tub.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick V

Nick V,

Thanks for choosing to try our Hotel Palomar Philly. We are glad that you experienced such an awesome stay with us. We always try to add that personal touch to each stay for our guests. We can't wait for you to come back for your next stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here with hubby for a weekend getaway, and would definitely return. Good upscale location near Rittenhouse Square: walk to stores, restaurants, Barnes, and Franklin Institute. Very welcoming and professional staff. We asked for complimentary upgrade at check-in and were given a king with city view for the base price. Sweet! Lobby is not huge, but stylish -- has fireplace and curved white couches surrounding it. Generous coffee and cocoa bar is complimentary in the AM; gourmet touches included fresh whipped cream and crumbled bacon for the cocoa (the latter very trendy!). Soy milk was offered at coffee bar and at hotel restaurant -- a big plus in my book. Wine hour with truffle oil popcorn was great too. Dog friendly -- bring yours, or enjoy the other dogs staying at the hotel. Decor is very modern throughout; however, in the 2nd floor lobby they have retained and restored the vintage tile work from the 1920's. If you are a fan of this era, I recommend you visit the 2nd floor and check it out. Valet parking is $40 per night, but you can remain parked until 6 pm (after checking out) and store your luggage. Only minus: I had to give mediocre rating for sleep quality b/c the couple in the neighboring room was quarreling into the night, and unfortunately we could hear them from time to time. Other than that, a nearly perfect stay.

Room Tip: Recommend higher floors with "city view"
2  Thank RiversideLady

RiversideLady,

We are thrilled that you and your hubby enjoyed a nice weekend getaway with us here at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia. I am glad that you noticed our friendly and professional staff. We enjoy taking great care of our guests. Please come back and spend another relaxing weekend with us here at Hotel Palomar real soon.