“Great for Phili Marathon” 5 of 5 stars

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Watertown, Connecticut
“Great for Phili Marathon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel has the BEST staff. I travel with my wife and 2 small girls to marathons all over, and the girls need a bunch of extras... blankets, towels, etc... This place delivers with a smile. They even brought my girls a goldfish to have for the weekend - they loved it.

Parking is $40 per night, but it is downtown Phili, and the valets are great.

It is a little noisy being downtown, but I think that would be a problem at any hotel in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jesse H
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Jesse H,

Congratulations for competing in the Philadelphia Marathon. We are glad that you chose Hotel Palomar as your charging station while preparing for the marathon. Our goldfish brings a lot of smiles to faces of children and parents alike. Thanks for taking care of our wet wiggly friend during your stay.

Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Philly.

Happy Holidays to you and your Family,

Wendell B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights with the kids and it was amazing. We are coming back for new year....can't wait. By the way, location of this hotel is perfect.
Breakfast was also good and breakfast area is so neat! Our kids were happy so we were :)

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
LuxuriousSkin,

Thanks for sharing how impressed and satisfied you were with you recent stay. We are glad that you and your family chose our hotel and we made you and your children feel welcome. Our goal is for all of our guests to feel welcome and have a great time while staying with us.

We can't wait for you to come back and visit us for New Year's. Please let us know if there is anything that we can provide for you that will make your stay more enjoyable.

Happy Holidays!

Palm Desert, CA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Palomar for two nights and were wowed by tge service as well as the hotel. This is a new (3 years) hotel close to Rittenhouse Square. The hotel is very well finished with modern touches everywhere. Views on the upper floors are terrific. Hotel Palomar is withing walking district of City Hall and all of Downtown Philadelphia. Service is outstanding...we asked the front dest to hold a package for us to pick up when we returned from activities, and they INSISTED they wanted to deliver up to our room, which they did. Highly reommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DanandJanC,

Thanks for your kind remarks on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Hotel Palomar Philly. Our team really enjoys providing service that will make you want to stay longer and that makes you want to return again as soon as possible.

Please come back and visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Philadelphia.

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My friends and I booked at this hotel to attend a wedding as guests of the groom's father. This was way before Hurricane Sandy planned to visit. The ceremony was slated four days after Sandy hit home. We left our New Jersey houses unhappy from the absence of electricity and heat. What sweet relief it was to arrive at a hotel with warm [pun intended] and stress-free reception.
The room was neat and relatively spacious. The bed was up to par with my back's demand. The artwork lining walls was quite sophisticated. In fact, there is an artsy-classy atmosphere around. Service, including valet, we have no complaints over.
The hotel sits at the heart of the city. A stroll around the area leads you to quaint shops and high-brow eateries inviting you to their offering. Tourist attractions are nearby. Our limited time only allowed us to a few. Foremost was the Shrine of St. John Neumann, the first American saint.
The hotel was close to the wedding site and the banquet.
We had a great time on our brief stay, forgetting for awhile the misery left behind by Sandy. And part of the reason is Palomar Philadelphia.
The only nit I can pick is this. There is no Restroom at the main lobby. I had to go one floor up to use one. Otherwise, go up to my 10th floor room.
Also [but not the hotel's fault], the narrow city streets are not endearing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
atoybci,

Thanks for your post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us here at Hotel Palomar Philadelphia. We are glad that you chose to stay with us while attending your friend’s wedding. We are even more excited that we were able to offer some sweet relief and provide you with a stress-free environment away from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

Jersey City is only a short drive away from Philly so please come back and visit us again real soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed for 1 night on the 21st floor facing southwest. The views were great, and you could easily see the stadiums to the south and well past city to the west. Very very professional staff. Helpful but non-intrusive. Terriffic room. Frette Linens that were fresh and clean. Wonderful pillows (real down finally). Location is excellent to get to anything in the downtown area, plenty to walk to. The rooms were on par with 4.5 and 5 star properties anywhere. Extremely clean like a true luxury hotel should feel.

If I must find a fault, the 4 elevators are both small and slow, making the voyage to the upper floors painfully long at times. But if the elevators are the biggest problem with a property, they are doing it right. We would recommend this property highly as one of the finest in Philadelphia.

Oh and free wine at happy hour that does NOT taste like it comes from a box. A very nice touch for a very nice hotel. A gem of a property that has it down like clockwork.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view, but the longer the wait for the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
My-Life-I-Sought,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Palomar Philadelphia for your stay. We are so thrilled that you chose our hotel. Your comments are appreciated, and I will make sure that I share them with our entire team. We want all of our guest to feel great about their stay just like you did.

We are looking forward to having you back real soon.

brick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I live on the jersey shore and as everyone knows we were hit pretty badly by Hurricane Sandy. My boyfriend and I had planned this trip for my birthday for over a month. By the time November 9th came around I had been so emotionally drained from the aftermath of the hurricane and the cleanup and being without power for over 11 days that I wasn't sure I even felt like celebrating and going away. I was convinced that I NEEDED to get away for a few days to get some much needed rest in a warm comfy bed! I AM SO GLAD I DID! The service was exceptional from the moment we arrived we were treated with such kindness and got complimentary drink tickets for the bar as as a 25.00 voucher towards dinner at the hotel restaurant. We went to dinner thete that night and the food was exceptional!! The drinks.... Well I must say they were the BEST drinks I have EVER had ANYWHERE!! So good in fact that I had my brother and his fiancé come the next night to meet us for more cocktails! This place was magical and just what I needed for my birthday!!

• Stayed November 2012
Lisa T,

Happy Birthday all over again. I am so thrilled that you decided to come on to Philly and spend your birthday weekend with us here at Hotel Palomar after being without power for 11 days. We are so glad that we played a small part in helping you get away and enjoy your birthday. Thanks for sharing your comments with Trip Advisor readers,

Please come back and visit your new Palomar friends soon. We can't wait to see you again.

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are looking for a boutique stylish hotel with sophistication, go no further. The spa rooms are the best ever. Staff from front desk to housekeeping greet you with a welcome and you feel like a star.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Kimpton rewards program, free Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jay G,

Thanks for your comments about our entire team. Our goal is to make you feel like a Star while staying with us. We want everyone to feel welcome and have a great time while they are here with us.

Please come back and see us again real soon.