“Luxory and Style in Philadelphia”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you are looking for a boutique stylish hotel with sophistication, go no further. The spa rooms are the best ever. Staff from front desk to housekeeping greet you with a welcome and you feel like a star.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Kimpton rewards program, free Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Jay G,

Thanks for your comments about our entire team. Our goal is to make you feel like a Star while staying with us. We want everyone to feel welcome and have a great time while they are here with us.

Please come back and see us again real soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I participated in the same trade show as kubbylee from November 4-8, 2012. The staff went out of their way to insure that all of our guests got checked in quickly and without and glitches. Karen Armezzani and her staff were extremely responsive to all our requests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

rfactor29,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Palomar Philly and for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advsior.

We look forward to having you stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Philadelphia.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Not my first time at Kimpton hotels, but definitely my first perfect experience. I had originally made a reservation for 9-12 November for 3 nights. I tried to cancel the 9th and 11th online and when doing so I was quoted a much higher rate for the night of the 10th. So I called the hotel directly and the manager, Ann, helped me retain the one night I wanted AND the rate I originally was quoted. I called the hotel on the 10th to let them know that I would be arriving around 2 PM and to see if a room was available early. The gentleman I spoke with could not find my reservation. When he finally did he said it was marked as a no show and canceled since I hadn't arrived on the 9th. I explained to him the situation and he kindly put Ann on the phone for me. She remembered me and proceeded to fix the problem and when I arrived at the hotel several minutes later she personally checked us in and had a room ready early as soon as we got there. This could have been a disastrous situation but it was fixed promptly and courteously. For many reasons, but especially this one, I will continue to stay at Kimpton Hotels. They are clean, chic and the bar at this hotel had amazingly delicious truffle butter popcorn. OMG.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

VeuveCliquot1177,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you chose Hotel Palomar Philly and you had a great stay. Our team enjoys providing excellent service to our guests. I make sure that I share your comments with our team especially Ann, She will be excited to hear that you recognized her.

Baltimore is only a short drive away so we hope to see you again real soon.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My company participated in a trade show in Philadelphia from Nov. 4 - 8. When we traveled there in 2011 to begin our planning, we met with Karen Armezzani who was absolutely fabulous. Not only did Karen secure over 200 room nights for us, but she helped us find another hotel as well as directing us to the convention bureau who helped us find our event venue. During every step of the process, the Hotel Palomar staff was professional and provided outstanding customer service. With many last minute changes to our rooming list, there was not ONE mistake made. I have been involved in the planning of this event for 12 years, and that has NEVER happened before. While in Philly, we had two other hotels but I personally stayed at The Palomar because of the level of service I knew I would receive. The front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. My room was amazing and very clean. I can't imagine why anyone would stay somewhere else when in Philadelphia! Thank you to everyone that helped us along the way. You are all first class.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

kubbylee,

We are so glad that you chose Hotel Palomar Philly for your group while staying in Philadelphia for your recent trade show. I will make sure that I share your comments with Karen; she will be excited as well to know that you had a great stay with us.

Our team really enjoys providing great service to our guests and we are proud that you experienced that great service. Please come back and visit us again real soon. We will be waiting for you.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for a reunion weekend and had a wonderful experience. Everything was immaculate and beautifully designed. The staff were friendly and helpful. We loved the complimentary wine reception. Centrally located as well. The only hiccup was a long-ish wait for retrieval of our car from valet parking. Otherwise, perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Amy,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us here at Hotel Palomar. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our excellent service. Like all urban hotels, we sometimes experience a delay with our valet during busy times, but we will continue to work on speeding things up while maintaining safety and care of your vehicle.

Please come back and visit us again real soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very comfortable place and very friendly stuff.The rooms were very clean and quiet!
Everything we wanted to see was in a walking distance. The neighborhood was great as well for breakfast as for lunch and dinner.
We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

MUC333,

Thanks so much for your kind remarks about Hotel Palomar Philly. Your remarks have been shared with our team members. Please come back and see us again the next time you are in Philly. We will be waiting for you.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful 2 night stay at the Palomar in central city Philadelphia. The room was quite nice, location was perfect for our needs (close to restaurants and the arts), and staff was uniformly friendly and engaging.

Room Tip: great sight lines on the south side of the building
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

TomBeccles,

Thanks for telling everyone on Trip Advisor about your excellent stay with us here at Hotel Palomar. We are glad that you chose our hotel and had an excellent stay. We look forward to having you as our guests the next time that your travels bring you to Philly.