“Love the rooms, atmosphere and neighborhood”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I really like the room, staff and the atmosphere. The doorman was very helpful in making recommendations of places to eat and local attractions.
I want a make up mirror like the one in my room...very cool!
What is really cool about this hotel is they offer FREE loaner bikes and all the safety equipment you need, so there is no need to use the public transportation or cabs unless you are going to the airport.
They had a wine tasting one evening when I was there and another evening they had a Philly Cheese steak tasting. They closed off the street below and had a live band and the popular Philly Cheese steak restaurants catered. The other guests were very friendly...no snob factor at all, even though this is a four star hotel!
I love the neighborhood and I will definitely start looking for other Kimpton Hotels when I travel again!

Room Tip: I would recommend that you get a room away from the back. They were renovating the building behind...
1  Thank PBFoodTraveler
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

PBFoodTraveler,

You are definitely right. We have a "No Snobs" rule here at Kimpton. Our goal is to make everyone feel welcome and have a great time while they are staying with us.

Make sure you check out our properties in Dallas. They are great Kimptons as well.

All The Best!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,631)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My now wife and I stayed here the night before and the night of our wedding. The staff was so friendly and welcoming (the front desk even sent us a bottle of champagne!). The place just looks cool and fun. The bar is great (with lots of custom cocktails) and the restaurant is delicious. If you're looking for a hotel with a mixture of class and whimsy, definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer up great views of center city.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

DimeStoreSaint,

Wow,

We are glad that you chose to spend your wedding weekend with us. Congratulations all over again. Now we expect to see on your first anniversary or before.

Please come back and see your Palomar friends soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Kimpton hotels can be rather uneven in their hospitality. This is one of the best ones, altogether Morrison House is still many lengths ahead. To be fair, this is a bigger place but still has the boutique hotel atmosphere.

We started using Kimpton hotels because it's a boutique chain, more personal service, not the anonymity one feels using a large chains. However, many in this brand has become impersonal, uncaring.

The Palomar has retained all the positive features of the Kimpton Hotels, attentive service, all the extra touches, which have been lost on many due to expansion.

Because of this very positive experience, we will definitely consider continuing to use them as first choice.

Room Tip: Right in centre of city, not much view, but higher floors may be a little quieter and can see a litt...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

weishpembrokec,

Thank you for your kind remarks on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you chose our hotel and had a great stay. Thanks for loving Kimpton and we love you right back.

We are looking forward to having you back as our guest very soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Above average quality room and amenities. Service lacked a bit. Rude inattentive bartenders, no service rendered after call to front desk. Great location in downtown and pricey, but all things downtown are pricey. If i were to need a room in this area again , i would book a room in the Sofitel across the street from the Palomar.

Room Tip: City view rooms are nice and get a room on the upper floors for a quiet stay

daler80,

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. We take honest comments from our guests very seriously. It pains us to hear the not-so-good-stuff, but it helps us learn and improve.

I apologize that the bartenders were not attentive to your needs and you did not receive the service that you requested. I will make sure that I share your comments with our team.

We always try to do our best and hope that you will let us prove this to you during your next stay. Please call me personally, and I will be more than happy to set up your next reservation.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I love the Kimpton brand (I always try and stay at Kimptons when they're available) and this Kimpton definitely lived up to its reputation. First of all, the hotel is in a great location (right near Rittenhouse Square) and is extremely convenient. This was my first time in Philadelphia so I appreciated being in a hotel that was close to so many great restaurants. I thought this hotel had great service, beautiful decor, and was above all comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Everything was done with a smile and a friendly attitude. The rooms were typical of a Kimpton, modern and highly functional but extremely warm and inviting as well as decently sized. I especially liked my marble bathroom with a fairly large tub. I also thought their gym was very nice. It had full cardio theater machines in addition to weights, water, towels, and fresh fruit. Didn't get to try out the restaurant except for room service breakfast which was very good but Philadelphia has such a great food scene that trying the hotel restaurant wasn't neccessarry (though maybe next time I will try it). I'd reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in Philadelphia.

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor, which is my normal preference. Mine didn't have too much of a view...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MDK213

MDK213,

We are thrilled that you chose our hotel and had a great time. Our team enjoys providing great service to our guests. Thank you for letting me know that our team made you feel special while you were here.

Washington DC is only a short drive away so we are looking forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you like Kimpton Group hotels in general, you'll love this one. Distinctive building has been stylishly renovated and decorated. Usual Kimpton amenities (.e.g., yoga equipment on request, complimentary wine reception in the lobby every evening) plus a superb the location two blocks from Rittenhouse Square. (PS We stayed at the place across the street last summer after reading some good reviews, and it didn't even come close to the Palomar.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Wendell B, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

EZB2,

Thanks for staying with us and telling the Trip Advisor readers and users how much you enjoyed your stay. Our team gets excited when we receive great feedback like yours. I will make sure that I share your comments with our entire team.

Washington DC is only a short drive or train ride away so please come back and see us again real soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the Palomar for a wedding. From the moment we pulled up to Kevin the valet the staff was great. Sena at the front desk was great rearranging rooms for us. We needed 2 room next to each other but our rooms were on different floors. She found us 2 rooms together. We were on the 3rd floor and often ran into staff members coming out of the office. They always stopped to ask if there was anything we need. The general manager offered his assistance also. The welcome wine hour in the evening was a nice touch and we enjoyed it one night. Beds were comfortable and loved the pillows. Room service was delivered quickly and the food was quite good.

I would avoid rooms on the lower floors that over look the alley. Lots of noise in the middle of the night, sounded like the dumpsters were being emptied.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Sansom Street are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

cosmony,

Thanks for your kind remarks. I remember meeting you in the hallway on the 3rd floor and having a quick conversation with you. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that I share your comments with our entire team especially Kevin and Sena. They will be thrilled.

Please come back and visit us the next time your travels bring you to Philly. It's a great place to kick back, relax and enjoy all that the City of Brotherly Love has to offer.