Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
$249
$239
Travelocity
2,705 results
All reviewswine hourrittenhouse squaretruffle popcornspa king roomwine receptionspa tubyoga mata pet friendly hotelcomplimentary winecity viewchocolate covered strawberriesmini barcenter cityfront desk staffhigh floorvalet parkingwonderful hotel
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We just wanted to take a quick day trip downtown and the Palomar was an excellent choice.

When we arrived we were greeted with a glass of champagne and a strawberry. Check in was quick and friendly. We got exactly what I booked and on the second from the top floor so I knew we were off to a great start.

The rooms like many people say seem a bit small, but at least for the suites this is probably due to how gigantic the bathrooms are. This is definitely not a complaint. The sitting area is perfect for enjoying a snack and watching some TV and having the giant bathroom is great for getting ready or enjoying a soak in the enormous tub. The room itself was very clean and everything still looked pretty new and fresh. They clearly take care of the rooms well. The bathroom was well stocked and very clean as well.

In our rooms we were greeted with all our IC amenities and shortly after were given an amazing charcuterie plate. So far this has been one of the best IC spreads we've gotten. The grapes were fresh and plentiful. The wine was great and really complemented the great sausage.

As always the minibar at kimptons are great. They have tons of great snacks and plenty of alcohol to grab a drink or two before you go. We didn't have any this time, but with the raid the minibar it's always a nice option to get a drink for free.

The hotel is really attractive inside and out and the location is amazing. You can walk to all the theatres along Broad, all the great restaurants around Rittenhouse and several great bars and nightclubs around the area. Once the Monaco opens it'll be tough to pick which location is better because both will be in such amazing locations in Philadelphia. It'll be more down to what we plan on doing in town.

At the end check out was quick and efficient. I was surprised by how quick valet was as well. When I called down right before we checked out Mark said he would have the car right around and by the time we got checked out and walked outside it was right there. We didn't have to wait at all.

Overall the stay was excellent. Every interaction I had with staff was pleasant and friendly and I really enjoyed my time at the Palomar. I'll definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: Sansom and 17 can be busy so definitely try and get a higher floor if noise can be an issue.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Mark H,

I think I just saw your review on Yelp too! I love that you had such a great experience and are sharing it with everyone. Thank you for staying us and for being a valued and loyal inner circle guest!

See you again soon.

VP of Responding to all Reviews

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Location - excellent, close enough to Center City
Check in - efficient, champagne at check in, very personable
Room - very small, not much of a view although branded as "city view" despite being on the high floor. Bed comfortable. Bathroom - small, nothing exceptional.
Elevators in the morning - took about 10 minutes to get downstairs. It did seem as if only one elevator was working. People on lower floors skipped several elevators to actually get into one. Cleaning staff uses the same elevators.
Did not see cannoli downstairs, there was only one coffee carafe, cups without paper holders, so had to get a cup in a cup to hold it. No tea.
Wine reception - as usual with every Kimpton hotel, except the lobby is tiny, so to get through is somewhat of a challenge.
In other words, adequate for a stay, but nothing particularly exceptional that stood out (except perhaps the check in staff - very friendly and welcoming).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear 4865853,

Yikes...Sorry to hear your stay was less than expected and only achieved adequate status. I can certainly understand your points and I apologize to hear that your visit was anything less than a perfect one.

Hope you give us another chance and come back soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I used to live in Philly 9 years ago and decided to come back for a little vacation. I am glad I picked Palomar hotel because it's in a perfect location and very nice. Reception girl was incredible. Food is amazing but a bit pricey.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear LuxuriousSkin,

Thanks for the 5 stars and welcome back to the city of brotherly love and sisterly affection after a 9 year vacation from us!

Hope you don’t make it so long before your next visit.

Best,

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Thanx to Palomar hotel's location, we had access to all the great sightseeing shopping and restaurants. great hotel with great staff, very nice clean rooms with fully stocked awesome bar. comfortable beds and bathroom. I booked a last minute trip here with my boyfriend and we were very happy we chose this hotel and this city, so much history and so much to do. awesome stay, thanx!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MChNY,

Happy to see the location was perfect for all the funs thing to do in the city! I appreciate all the great comments and I hope we get to welcome you and your BF back soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Really nice hotel. Champagne at check in, coffee and cannoli in the morning, manager wine reception.Close to everything,restaurants,downtown, and walking distance to Old City Center, shopping, and Rittenhouse Square. Staff was very helpful. It would be good if there was a coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Roseyposey133,

Funny thing those are all my favorite things about the hotel too! Happy to see you enjoyed your visit. One last thing we do have coffee makers available, all you have to do is call the front desk and we can bring one right up!

Let me know when your coming for your next visit and I will be sure to have one waiting in your room prior to arrival. You can email me at sean.flanigan@hotelpalomar.com