“What city view?”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 21, 2011

First time we ever had a problem with a Kimpton Hotel...we reserved a city view King room and decided to go for it even though it was much more than the category below. What we got was a small room with a view of the building across the street...no VIEW!!! When I went down to the front desk all they did was apologize and said they had no other rooms available....so BEWARE of a city view category....you will be paying for nothing!!!!! I should have really made a fuss..but did not!!
TIP..don't valet park your car..there are several public lots around the block from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dh24yaya
KellyCoulom, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Dear dh24yaya,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I was saddened to read that we weren't able to get you into a room with a better view. I know the team always tries their best to meet our guests' requests and I apologize for not being able to make this happen for you. If you'd like to send me an email, I'll be sure to add a high floor request to your profile for all future stays. Besides the view, I hope you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Happy New Year!
Kelly Coulom
kelly.coulom@hotelpalomar.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,621)

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I visited philly with 2 friends to celebrate my birthday this weekend. we were traveling with a small dog and my friend booked a room at hotel palomar mainly because of the pet friendly atmosphere. lucky for us it turned out to be an amazing choice otherwise! we were greeted by the doorman when we pulled up to the curb with a huge smile and friendly welcome. we were able to check in early and once we dropped off our bags we headed out to explore the city. when we returned to the room we were surprised to see a dog bed and dishes set out for our little furry friend. the hotel itself is gorgeous and chic. the rooms were extremely clean and tidy. we loved the wine hour, it was the perfect thing to end our day exploring and to start off our night of celebrating. all the staff were very attentive and kind. i would love to stay there again! such a classy place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Dear Mcmsw12,

Amazing review and Happy belated B-Day to you!! Great to see you, your friends, and your four legged companion enjoyed your stay with us.

Happy Holidays and come back soon!

Director of Wishing Everyone a Happy Birthday

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Kimpton is my favorite hotel chain because of their great customer service, attention to detail and small things that make you feel at home (hot chocolate, 5pm wine hour). The Palomar in Philly demonstrates how Kimpton gets it so right. The desk staff was great (helpful regarding restaurant suggestions, efficient yet friendly at check in/out), the room was spotless with every amenity we could want, and the location was great for exploring downtown Philly by foot. We'd definitely stay at the Palomar Philly again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Scoobyru,

What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for all the great comments, I will be sure to share with the other Kimpton Hotels for bragging right purposes! Happy to see that you enjoyed your stay on many different levels.

Look forward to welcoming you back.
Have a safe and Happy Holiday!

Director of Bragging Rights

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We scheduled a weekend get away down in Philly. We booked a suite (room 1010) at the Hotel Palomar. Our two daughters stayed on the very comfortable sofa bed. They loved the huge Fuji soaking tub with the bath salts. The hotel staff was extremely helpful & attentive. This hotel is in a great location; Ritten house sq, Avenue of the arts all of the best resteraunt's & shopping. We had a great weekend and the next time we stay in Philly we'll stay at the Hotel Palomar.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank phillytraveler919
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Dear Phillytraveler919,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. I am happy to see you guys liked the Fuji Tubs and bath salts, those are popular item around here!

Don’t be a stranger to the Palomar and come back soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I am originally from the Philadelphia area, so I travel there often. The Palomar is my new favorite hotel in the city. I have had great experience with the Kimpton brand in general, so I was excited to give the Palomar a try while visiting the city for the Philadelphia marathon. My husband and I booked early and got a fabulous rate package that included valet parking during our two night stay.

We had a corner room with a beautiful, panaromic view of Sansom and 17th streets. The location is perfect: just two blocks from Rittenhouse Square and close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was wonderful, gracious and attentive during the visit. We received a warm welcome at check-in, and even though the hotel was fully booked, was able to get into our room pretty early upon arrival. The room was spacious and comfortable.

After the marathon, the hotel had set up a fun area with leg massages for the runners in the conference center. That was a very nice touch that was well appreciated. I also enjoyed the hot toddies that they had added to their complimentary wine hour for the season.

We had one slight snafu during the trip, and I was impressed with the immediate follow up from the hotel manager. I highly recommend the Palomar and will continue to make it my hotel of choice when visiting Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amamba
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2011

Dear Amamba,

First and foremost, Congratulations to you for completing the marathon! That’s awesome to see you took part and enjoyed the Marathon Meltdown here at the Palomar. Thank you for such wonderful comments and I am happy to hear we are your "favorite place to stay in Philly”!

Hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I had some business to attend to in Philadelphia and, as my girlfriend lives in the area, we decided to turn it into a "romantic working weekend." I spend approximately 5 days out of each week in hotels for my job, so I have seen the entire spectrum, from truck stop motels to the absolute cream of the crop, and rarely have I had the level of service that I received at Palomar.
Check in was a breeze. Quick, informative, and as the young lady at the front counter noticed I'd be staying a few days, she moved me up to a higher floor and larger room, which was beautiful! Tastefully decorated, comfortable bed and desk chair, spacious closet and the bathroom was just as impressive. As we were on the 23rd floor, our view was stunning as well.
While lovely to this point, the real surprise was to come the following night when my girlfriend and I were enjoying a pre-dinner drink at Square 1682, the hotel's restaurant and bar. We asked the bartender Michelle as to where to find a good Japanese restaurant in the area, and after a few suggestions, she graciously offered to see if she could book us a reservation at Morimoto (the Iron Chef!). She left for a few minutes to call the restaurant and upon returning, informed us that we had a 9:15 reservation. No small feat, as I'm sure they had been fully booked for days. We had one of the best meals that I've ever enjoyed, and its all thanks to Michelle.
The following day, once again enjoying a drink at Square 1682 (clearly we loved the place,) we had the pleasure of chatting with Blair, another bartender. Blair, though busy, was kind enough to spend quite a bit of time with us, informing us of parts of Philly in which we might look for an apartment. He remained attentive to all at the bar, and nobody was left waiting for a drink, but he kept returning to share valuable insight and showing real interest in all our questions. Clearly, this hotel and restaurant must have the highest hiring standards as every interaction, from the doorman, to housekeeping, to restaurant and front desk was a pleasure, without the trappings and pandering found at many hotels of this caliber. All were genuine, respectful, and extremely warm and friendly.

I hope you take my advice and enjoy this hotel. I cannot stress enough how wonderful our experience was, but that my next call after completing this review is to see if they have any rooms for New Year's Eve should be an indication.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view....obviously...and ours was stunning.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear James J,

I am very happy to see you had a wonderful experience at the Palomar! I will be sure to personally follow up with Blair and Michelle and thank them for providing outstanding customer service. If you need assistance with booking your reservation over New Years Eve please feel free to contact me directly. 215-525-9481. Thank you again for such a great review.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I wanted to write a review because not only did we have a wonderful experience during our recent stay at the Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia but also because this was in contrast to a visit a year and half ago when we did not have a good experience. We gave them another try because after our earlier visit they genuinely seemed to want to make it up to us. They had just opened then so we thought we'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

This time the staff was attentive and responsive. For this trip we had a baby with us and they made every effort to make sure baby, Mom and Dad were comfortable and happy. It's the little things that count, the staff remembered our baby's name and what activity we did and asked how it went. All hotels will give recommendations but the staff at Hotel Palomar provided me with a map and hand written directions so I could walk with a stroller to my destination.

Besides the personal attention from the staff, this hotel is a very cool place to hang out. We loved the happy hour nightly in the lobby, we had wine and truffle popcorn each day to unwind.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Barbara S,

Thank you very much for giving us another shot! After reading this is it fair to say 2nd times a charm?? In all honesty I am very happy to see you and your family were able to have a great experience with us.

Thank you and I hope to see you again soon!

Happy Holidays