“Great Hotel, Location & Service!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Location & Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

We recently stayed in the Palomar Philadelphia for 1 night. The experience was great from start to finish. We checked in immediately and depsite being well before the check-in time, we were shown straight to our rooms. I had a corner room, which had dual aspect over the city which was nice. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and really clean. The staff were great, from the check-in staff to the doorman to the wait staff at the adjoining restaurant (Square 1862). If I returned to Philadelphia I would definately want to stay at the Palomar! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Philly area as it is perfectly situated for shopping, dining and sightseeing.

1 Thank LeighHolford
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 17, 2011
Dear Leighholford,

I am very grateful for the fantastic review you gave us, especially coming from a Trip Advisor Senior Contributor with 30+ reviews!! Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Happy Holidays!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

My wife planned a birthday getaway for me this weekend in our local city of Philly. We lodged at the Hotel Palomar downtown. Elegant, hip and reasonably priced. Everyone we encountered on the staff was polite and personable. Very clean and well maintained, especially considering that it is a pet friendly hotel. The main reason we are posting, however, is to laud the incredibly fair pricing. Very competitive with Philadelphia's luxury hotels. They provided free in room CA champagne and choc covered strawberries to mark the occasion as well as coupons for free drinks at the adjoining excellent restaurant/bar, Square 1684. We were under the mistaken impression that parking was free. They comped us on that, too. Stellar!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank triphounds
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear Triphounds,

Happy belated birthday to you! Very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for so a wonderful review. Hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

The in-hotel restaurant was excellent.
The rooms are bigger than we expected.
The hotel decor and room decor is also excellent.
The hotel customer service was very good as always. Specifically the concierge went above and beyond to assist us, also the restaurant staff was experienced professional and willing to do whatever is necessary.
Hotel parking is alittle expensive than we expected.
We always stay in Kimptons no matter the cost and we always recommend it for those who are traveling with pets

1 Thank jermlass
Dear Jermlass,

Thank you so much for being a Kimpton Road Warrior and staying with us at the Palomar! Its great to see that you had a pleasant experience with us.

Come back and visit us again soon!

Best,

Wall Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

My Husband and I stay in Philadelphia frequently and haved stayed in MANY top notch hotels( The Four Seasons, Westin,Ritz-Carlton). The 1st time we stayed at the Palomar Philadelphia we knew it would be the only hotel we would stay at in the future. The rooms are consistantly spotless, and let me tell you, I CHECK EVERYTHING!!!! The staff is amazing and very attentive. I called for extra towels and they arrived at our door within minutes. This past visit we brought our teenagers and needed adjoining rooms the hotel manager assured me it would be taken care of and it was, no problems. The hotel is perfectly located to shopping, dining, sightseeing. The Cleanliness, location and staff will always keep us coming back!!

Room Tip: Any room we have stayed in has been perfect
1 Thank Lori D
Dear Lori D,

Thank you for this wonderful review! I am very happy to hear we are your hotel of choice when traveling to the City of Brotherly Love. I will be sure to personally thank the housekeeping team for consistently providing a spotless room and the entire team for making your visit memorable.

Look forward to seeing you guys again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed here overnight for a work function and from the moment I arrived until I checked out I was happy with everything. It is a work of art, the entire place. No matter where you look, it's pleasing to the eye. The rooms are nice, the beds, bathroom, etc. The restaurant is delicious with a great atmosphere and even the lobby is perfect to hang out in. Who ever wants to hang out in a hotel lobby? In Philly? This place was just so lovely, I have to sing its praises although it's already well-reviewed here.

1 Thank gilead
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear Gilead,

I am really happy to see you had a great time in the City of Brotherly Love and at Palomar. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and all the praises!

See you soon

Happy Holidays,

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

I'm a fairly harsh critic but I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The decor was chic, the staff were efficient and helpful, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the location was ideal. Definitely felt like an upscale experience at a reasonable price. I was motivated to join the Kimptom loyalty program after my stay here, as I plan to try other Kimptom hotels more frequently!

1 Thank MomWisconsin
Dear MomWisconsin,

Thank you for staying at the Palomar and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Its fantastic to see your experience was "Perfection"!! Welcome to the Kimpton In Touch family and please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

The Hotel Palomar Philadelphia was AMAZING! The Palomar Philadelphia clearly offers a 5 star experience and is full of chic, class, good people, comfort and sophistication. Normally, all these things don't go together. But, the fact of the matter is the Palomar gets it right: chic without pretention, comfort that looks good, and people who care for you during your stay. The king size bed in my room was amazing along with the spa bathroom. The bathroom was incredible with the shower and then spa tub above. The view from the room was amazing. Square 1682 offers an array of fresh, fun and exciting food and the mixologists at the bar made exquisite drinks (see Blair and the tall African American female bartender) - there drinks were divine! The people who worked at the hotel helped me with everything and the general manager, Anna Schneider, is phenomenal. Enjoy your stay! The hotel is located in the heart of center city, close to Rittenhouse square and surrounded by a massive array of good restaurants and places to go out.

Room Tip: Spa bathroom was a luxurious experience -worth it.
2 Thank BrickCityPrep
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear BrickCityPrep,

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I am very happy to see you had such a wonderful experience on so many levels and that team, specifically in Square, really highlighted your visit with great customer service.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!