“Nice and modern without the overbearing hipness”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice and modern without the overbearing hipness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Philadelphia. Close to excellent dining and sites.

I love that it has a modern feel without sacrificing warmth and without trying to be hip.

Nightly wine reception is a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2011
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Dear eldub1999,

Thanks for choosing the Palomar and for writing a review. Happy to see that you love the modern feel and it doesn’t sacrifice warmth.

Please come see us again and hopefully we can run into each other at the wine reception!

Cheers,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (637)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

get a spa room with a view....room service within a few minutes.....a delightful front desk.......comfortable, super-clean, super bedding.....great lighting......even a leopard terry robe! everything where you wish it always was in a hotel room..including a great location....!

Room Tip: king spa on higher floor!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Myrna k,

Thank you for sharing your tips from your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write your review and I am very happy to see you had a "5 stars!" visit.

I hope to see you back at the Palomar sometime soon!

Best,

Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed on a busy weekend for three nights. At $250/night +. Not at all impressed. They neglected to clean my room one day: left at 9am and got in at midnight... No maid service at all. They don't bring your dry cleaning up (which matters when you're running late and have 5 minutes to change.) Room service took an hour, was expensive, and was awful. Very rude lunch bartender/manager in the main floor lounge (she clearly didn't want me at the bar). I'm not surprised they didn't ask me how I enjoyed my stay as I checked out to walk across the street and finish my time in Philadelphia at the hotel across the street.

2 Thank nyclex
Dear nyclex,

I know that our General Manager tried to reach out to you and sent you a message directly and I am hoping we could get a chance to talk about your recent visit with us. I am very sorry about the challenges you experienced and if you would be so kind to call me directly at your earliest convenience it would be greatly appreciated. My direct number is 215-525-9481.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Again my deepest apologies.

Warm Regards,

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

This hotel does so many things right, but if you appreciate design details, you will like this hotel. Even the corridors have little touches that get it just right. Rooms are well designed, and even the shower curtains showed that someone really thought about how to do it right. As part of the Kimpton chain, I expected this to be a good hotel, but really, it was flawless. One of my favorite hotels in the U.S.

Dear Clams5,

I am extremely happy to see that Palomar Philly is "a favorite hotel" of yours now. Thank you very much for the great comments. Please come visit us again soon!

Cheers,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have to say that more often than not I am a bit disappointed in my hotels that I book with out seeing. The Palomar, however, did not disappoint at all! Everything about our visit was great. The style is so creative with practically a surprise around every corner. Staff was completely helpful and the breakfast at the restaurant was delicious! The rooms are generously sized... our double was perfect for myself, hubby and the kiddo's. I was a little nervous about the cleanliness because they do allow pets there, however, they were spot on... you'd forget all about that policy until a cute little pooch would walk on by you. Loved that! La piece d'resistance was the free happy hour in the lobby... such a nice vibe! and then there was the great location. Clearly, we loved the Palomar! I would strongly recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Amelia E
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Amelia E,

Your review brought a huge smile to my face, as it makes me very happy to read that not a single aspect of your stay was disappointing! It sounds like the Palomar was a perfect choice for you and your family and we hope to roll out the red carpet for you the next time you are in town!

Kind Regards,

Olivia
Westbury, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was lucky to find Hotel Palomar. Initially I was booked at a different sub par hotel and Hotel Palomar saved the day!

The Front desk staff went above and beyond the call of duty, they were friendly and always greeted me by my name. When I left "the other" hotel I inadvertently left my old army winter coat behind. Once I realized my error, I mentioned it to the person who checked me in at Palomar and she volunteered to walk around the block and retrieve my coat. It was apparent I was having a difficult day and she offered me a complimentary cocktail in the hotel lounge.

The rooms were quite, large and well appointed, and beds were comfortable.

The clientele at the Palomar was young and trendy when I could be described as old and stodgy. Initially I was concerned, but was made to feel welcome from the moment I entered the building.

Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Lionheart65,

I am very happy that our front desk helped you get through a rough day. Providing genuine care and comfort is what Kimpton employees are known for. I hope you have a happy holiday season and will come back to the Palomar again soon.

Warm Wishes,

Olivia
No. VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

Our son goes to Drexel and we have always stayed at the downtown Marriott since my husband get Marriott points. While the Marriott is perfectly fine, I wanted to try something else on our most recent visit (this past weekend). We stayed at the Hotel Palomar and received the stay and park rate (valet parking is FREE for your stay). I had also signed up for Kimpton's InTouch program, which entitles you such perks as up to $10 worth of mini bar items free as well as free wireless and all of the other regular benefits that come with the Kimpton hotels (complimentary coffee in the am and wine in the pm).

This hotel is exceptional. Location is the vibrant Rittenhouse Square neighborhood. The hotel is clean, welcoming, relaxed and intimate. More than anything though-the staff is exceptional. From the valets/bellhops and front desk to the restaurant staff and housekeeping, everyone is extremely professional without losing a familiar and inviting warmth. They are continously striving to ensure that their guests are happy and appreciated. Attention to detail is a strong suit. For example, when they brought our car to us, Brad-the valet/doorman-noticed we had an old coffee cup in the car and offered to throw it out for us. A small gesture but one that sets Hotel Palomar apart from its competitors. It is our new go-to hotel in Philly.

Note: Davio's, the restaurant next door, has wonderful Italian food and service to match Palomar's.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kpcod
obriggs, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear Kpcod,

I'm so happy to hear we've become your Go-To hotel in Philadelphia!! We are so excited to have you as one of our return guests and look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you during every future stay. We'll see you soon! :)