“Cute trendy hotel in a great part of town”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco, California
“Cute trendy hotel in a great part of town”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I love my trendy boutique hotel and this one did not disappoint. I thought the price was perfect for what you got. Location is amazing - great shopping and restaurants are all witihin walking distance. I love Rittenhouse quare! AND if you dont mind a bit of walk, easy to get to all the historic sites as well. Only complaint would be the "city view" - my room had an awful view of some electrical wires/AC units. When we callled to complain, we were told this was a classified as a "city view" - end of discussion. I of course refused to listen to this person and went downstairs to talk to the front desk agent who had checked us in. Once telling her about the "view", she informed us that unfortunately no other rooms with a "view" were available but that she would remove the additional charge for a "city view" AND she gave us a coupon for a complimentary breakfast. I've worked at a hotel before and like everyone knows, something can wrong but it's how the hotel takes care of it that matters. And because of this, I am still willing to give an "Excellent" review :-)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
NJ
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Nothing special in my opinion. Nice, clean, but nothing that makes it stand out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gerland
KellyCoulom, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear Gerland,

Thank you for taking the time to briefly share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to read you found the Hotel clean and nice. However, I am interested in hearing your thoughts on how we could have gone from OK to great.

Please feel welcome to email me at kelly.coulom@hotelpalomar.com, I'd love to hear further details about your stay.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Kelly
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Fantastic three night stay at the Hotel Palomar.
There was no request that they didn't go out of their way to fulfill and satisfy beyond our expectations. The room was well appointed; clean and with a beautiful view of the city.
Conceirge and Doormen were attentive to every need. Its a pet friendly hotel. And not being a pet lover, i was a bit skeptical of the environment, but the hotel staff does a great job of making sure the dogs don't run wild and are well contained within the hotel.
Restaurant in hotel serves a great breakfast and catered to dietary needs.

if i go back to Philly, this is where I would stay again. Really, when you travel for leisure, treat your self well and that you can do at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
DanaFriedman_Kimpton, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Hello Mrsm2002,

I am so glad you felt so well taken care of with us at The Palomar. Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit and I agree, it is such a nice feeling when your needs are actually met! We hope to see you soon, thanks again for your post.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Ever wish you could extend your stay, defying money, flights, and reason?
There just wasn’t enough time to learn the city, eat at ALL of Jose Garces’ restaurants and luxuriate in my Fuji Soak Tub. I saw a Flyers game, dined at Tinto and spent a morning, on the sofa, while freezing rain pelted the city.

Let it be said, I didn’t book a Spa King room. I had reserved a Queen Deluxe
and was graciously upgraded. I arrived to wine, fresh fruit, a welcoming note and a sweeping view. One of my favorite aspects of the Kimpton experience, is the moment I open my door. Due to my history, with interchangeable chains, I now enjoy nuances and inspired decor.

My room was crisp and modern, with carpeting I coveted. The bathroom was stylish, with glass doors separating the shower/tub area and windows, half the length of the room. As spacious as it seemed, I would have preferred a little more room in the toilet/sink area. Regardless, it was lovely to stare out at winter, from a hot swirling tub.

I’ve been greeted by a few doormen in my time, but these guys were terrific. It was like coming home, every time I entered. The front desk staff was warm, inquisitive and informed. I realize staff incentives exist to inspire great customer service. However, genuine warmth isn’t created, it’s shared.

There’s a buzz to the Palomar, full of comings and goings. The lobby was vibrant and social. Located in Center City, just outside of Rittenhouse Square, there is an abundance of shopping, nightlife and dining. My dining experience was extraordinary. I could have easily stayed a week (it was Restaurant Week) and hope to return this spring. I never thought my desire to explore a culinary scene, would rival my hockey experience, but Philly is rich with options.

This was my third and most recent Kimpton Hotel. I’ve been making a conscious effort to stay with them, because I appreciate their product (for lack of a better word). I’ve yet to explore the options of bringing my dog or enjoying a massage. I just feel comfortable and confident, in their care.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank itravel4hockey
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Strengths:
Good location next to Rittenhouse Square and close to major city attractions and good restaurants
New, clean hotel with very comfortable beds
Helpful, courteous staff
Great happy hour with free wine and truflle popcorm
Weaknesses:
Room was very small with some poor ventilation
Water pressure in shower low
Should offer free use of hotel computer and internet in business center

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Dear JKuo,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at The Palomar! I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the fun Kimpton perks like the complimentary wine hour and of course the helpful staff. I wanted to let you know that as a member of our free loyalty program, you receive complimentary wireless internet access at any Kimpton property! We certainly hope to see you again next time you are in Philly.
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Stayed a Friday night with my girlfriend and the staff was very nice and accommodating and the entire hotel was nicely furnished and decorated. It was very clean, kind of a more hip, trendy feel overall. Close to Club G, which was pretty fun. The only downfall was when we got into the room. It was a cityview queen, which was a corner room on the 15th floor. Views were not great, but pretty neat. The room was clean and everything, but VERY small! There were no extra towels, and the bath amenities that were advertised online were nothing more than a tiny shampoo bottle. The bathtub could not be switched from shower to bath, and the maintenance person had to come into our room to "fix" the problem that re-occurred as soon as he left. The hotel was aware of the problem and did nothing extra for us. It was a disappointing stay.

• Stayed March 2011
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Stayed at The Palomar one Saturday night recently with a friend who was in town. Staff is very friendly. Room is nicely furnished and very clean. Reminded me a of a hip New York City boutique hotel. Great location for a Saturday night in Philly; close to good bars and restaurants. Slept very well in their comfortable beds. Fast elevator.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends