“great pizza and sandwhiches”

Old City Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #259 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Home of the MEGA slice. Freakin big slice for on $2.50! The staff are not friendly AT ALL, but the food was good and it was close to where we were staying.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Me, my wife and son stopped here to eat lunch. We have never been there before. I ordered 2 mega slices of pizza... Not knowing these things are Huge. For $2.50 a slice you can't beat it!! My son got a steak sub. Said it was the best one he has ever had!! My wife had a panini and liked it very much also!! The waitress was friendly and kept our drinks full. We will be going back to this place next time we r in Philly!!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our pizza but the service was terrible. It might have been better if the lady had smiled a little bit. She came to our table after we had been there for about 10 minutes (and it's a very small place) and glared at us. I assumed she was ready to take our order so we started to speak, only to be told that she wasn't ready yet. Okay.....then why was she standing there looking at us. Finally she took our order and the pizza arrived fairly quickly and I have no complaints about the pizza. It was very good. That was the last time we saw her until she brought the check (after we walked up to the register and asked for it). We even had to walk to the counter to ask for refills.

2  Thank cheryl h
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had walked over from Independence Square to Elfreth's Alley and were hungry on the way back. This small place, staffed (when we were there) by three seasoned and efficient ladies provided a great cheesesteak quickly, and at a great price. Servings are huge and delivered quickly, and we had the feeling we were eating the "real thing". Warm, welcoming service and great, well prepared food.

1  Thank FrankHutch
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The pizza was OK, but it was nothing to write home about. I ordered two slices, and they were twice the size of the usual slice. I wish that the server (who should smile sometimes) would have mentioned that to me after taking the order and before serving it.. One slice went to waste. I don't think that I will go back.

1  Thank lindun104