“Great Late Night Happy Hour”
Review of Oyster House

Oyster House
Ranked #18 of 4,403 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Description: Formerly known as the Sansom Street Oyster House. Re-opened recently as The Oyster House. Would like to write a review.
“Great Late Night Happy Hour”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Oyster House has a great selection of extremely fresh oysters and a very nicely cultivated white wine by the glass list. The shuckers are very good as well. Late night happy hour (9-11) features high quality oysters for a buck a shuck. The bar gets crowded but, all in all, it's well worth the wait.

• Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went to philly with two friends to see baseball. Stopped by oyster house for some fresh seafood. Was blown away. Best oysters I ever ate and ive ate lots of oysters. Think I downed three dozen. Bar was excellent also so I'm not sure. (we were walking) Would highly recommend.

Orlando, Florida
“Always crowed after work”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I made it my business to check out this establishment on Saturday afternoon to sample the raw bar. No service is slow but the food is good and the waitstaff is personable. I tried all the oysters on deck for the day Chincoteague, Cape May Salt, Salt Pondm Wianno, Wellfleet, Little Shemogue and the Fanny Bay. I chased this down with a cocktail named after my home town "The Bronx". What a great combination.

The "Hemminway struck a cord so I tried that drink as well and a Londoner which I dubbed "The Hannibal Lectur". Brian was our waiter and he was pretty cool.

“excellent fare”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in Philly for a couple of nights and made the wise choice of the Oyster House for dinner. I started with the clam chowder. It was fantastic, loaded with clams. I then had the peel and eat shrimp. They were huge and and steamed perfectly. My wife had the mussels. Which also were excellent. We shared an order of fries and I t was actually too much to eat. Would repeat next time in town

Chicago, Illinois
“Great experience in Downtown Philly!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After seeing it listed as one of the top restaurants in the US for Lobster Rolls and one of the top Oyster Bars in the US I went for brunch during my recent visit to Philadelphia. It has been there for almost 40 years. I met one of the owners who was delightful and so helpful in giving me directions for my afternoon of exploration. I had a great server and really loved the lobster benny or lobster eggs benedict. They have recently updated the decor into a contemporary space with great style. I highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013