“Lots of chocolate choices”
Review of Max Brenner

Max Brenner
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Brenner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #206 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 15th & Locust
Transit: The Broad line, Broad St and Walnut St exit, on the subway. PATCO 15th and Locust
Description: Known worldwide as the ultimate destination for chocolate, Max Brenner is the perfect place to eat… and indulge. Fill up on Really Crunchy Mac & Cheese, a pressed waffle sandwich or our ever-popular Brenner Burger. But save room, because the main course is dessert. Experience chocolate to the fullest and enjoy hot chocolate, Choctails, fondues, sugar waffles and more. Our most iconic dishes are served in specially-designed ceramic utensils, turning chocolate consumption into a chocolate ceremony. So double dip, lick your fingers and forget to share because at Max Brenner there aren’t rules – all you have to do is really love chocolate.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We started with the chicken wings, which were delicious. Next was the cheesesteak and cubano on waffles. While they were good, you wouldn't miss much if you skipped the meal and raced right for the deserts. We shared the fondu for two and the popsicles for two. Both were wonderful and left our chocolate addictions completely satisfied.

There are newer reviews for Max Brenner

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Ugh. I stopped at Max Brenner last weekend with someone else in search of an alcoholic dessert drink. I had been wanting to try this place and I knew they had a bar.

I'm not going to go on and on about the experience, so here is a summary: the drink was weak and tasted like the bottom of a chocolate peanut butter milkshake (for $14), though we were the only people sitting at the bar, they took 10 minutes to clear the dirty glasses from the previous customers away, they were extremely inattentive, they had very rude responses to our questions, one employee using a blender showered us with whipped cream and didn't notice until we had to ask for napkins (I'm not joking when I say we left and were still finding white spots on each other), and we didn't get an apology or offered any discount on the check. I'm not pretentious, and I understand the stress of a restaurant on a Saturday night, but there is no excuse for the attitude and whipped cream shower I received.

1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The appetizers and meals are of the chain restaurant variety. Nothing special. Desserts are the feature and chocolate the star. It is a nice place to visit for a chocolate fix or when you just want to eat somewhere for dessert. The restaurant is crowded and noisy and very much the assembly line variety. Applebee's with better desserts.

2  Thank Ken P
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a great 3-course lunch here for Philly restaurant week that was only $20!

- Ordered the spinach artichoke fondue to start and it was great.
- Entree was the Pumpkin salad and it was very fresh, the savory waffle it came with was very good.
- Dessert was Peanut Butter & Banana crepe, the server let me exclude the bananas as I'm not a fan of fruit with dessert.

Will return here again on my next business trip to Philly.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst restaurant experience I've had in a long time! I tried making my reservation on the phone for my daughter's birthday. If she didn't really want to go, my experience would have ended here because the person on the other end I the phone was rude and not very helpful. Once we arrived the service was just as bad. It was so slow! My daughter likes to come every year for her birthday but next year we will begin a new tradition !!!!!