“Great waitress/ atmosphere”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 15th & Locust
Transit: The Broad line, Broad St and Walnut St exit, on the subway. PATCO 15th and Locust
Description: Known worldwide as the ultimate destination for chocolate, Max Brenner is the perfect place to eat… and indulge. Fill up on Really Crunchy Mac & Cheese, a pressed waffle sandwich or our ever-popular Brenner Burger. But save room, because the main course is dessert. Experience chocolate to the fullest and enjoy hot chocolate, Choctails, fondues, sugar waffles and more. Our most iconic dishes are served in specially-designed ceramic utensils, turning chocolate consumption into a chocolate ceremony. So double dip, lick your fingers and forget to share because at Max Brenner there aren’t rules – all you have to do is really love chocolate.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great waitress/ atmosphere”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very unique and fun. Slightly pricey, food was good enough - larger portion than expected. Euphoria sundae could have more ice cream, but chocolate martini was very cool and tasty. Our waitress Amber was helpful, courteous, smiley, and gave off a great vibe. It topped off a great experience - something you can't get just anywhere.

• Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wife and I went there for the first time for a snack. The banana split waffles and the peanut butter chocolate fudge sundae sounded good.

We must have waited 20 minutes for these, and it showed. The waffle was hard, chewy, and the ice cream was a minuscule scoop. The sundae was a good size but mostly melted ice cream. Wasn't worth the money or wait.

Noise level was high. Room was not appealing, and the table for 2 was too small.

If you go, ask that it be brought promptly.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Boyfriend and I stumbled upon Max Brenner while walking around looking for something to eat. Main course was good. Dessert and drink was even better. Love the atmosphere here!

• Visited August 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“Strange Menu - Would try again”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had never been to Max Brenner before and enjoyed my morning but something didn't really click with the menu. I felt like it was all over the place and not enough breakfast items to choose from. Also, I had heard it was all about chocolate, which I was very excited about, but was disappointed to find that there wasn't a selection of chocoate coffee...I know that's a small detail but I was also looking for chocolate pancakes or waffles or something of that nature but there wasn't anything like that at all on the menu. I ordered a breakfast burrito which was very good. The potatoes that came with it were pretty bad. Dry, old and had been sitting around for awhile.

Our server was wonderful. She is one of the reasons I would go back to try again. She was very attentive and helpful. I think there were other menu options that I would try but I would probably shoot for a lunch or dinner option instead. And do not have high expectations for a delicious chocolate experience because you will be serverly let down.

Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great night - and we didn't even get to dessert!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had two of out-of-town friends coming to visit so we went here for the fun cocktails and delicious desserts. Between the chocolate cocktails, yummy artichoke dip and main meals, we forgot to leave room for dessert! It was pretty loud and we had trouble hearing the waiter at times, but we're low maintenance so it wasn't a big deal.

• Visited April 2013