“Good hot chocolate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Max Brenner
Ranked #245 of 4,318 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 15th & Locust
Transit: The Broad line, Broad St and Walnut St exit, on the subway. PATCO 15th and Locust
Description: Known worldwide as the ultimate destination for chocolate, Max Brenner is the perfect place to eat… and indulge. Fill up on Really Crunchy Mac & Cheese, a pressed waffle sandwich or our ever-popular Brenner Burger. But save room, because the main course is dessert. Experience chocolate to the fullest and enjoy hot chocolate, Choctails, fondues, sugar waffles and more. Our most iconic dishes are served in specially-designed ceramic utensils, turning chocolate consumption into a chocolate ceremony. So double dip, lick your fingers and forget to share because at Max Brenner there aren’t rules – all you have to do is really love chocolate.
Katonah, NY
“Good hot chocolate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We came in on a quiet and rainy afternoon for hot chocolate. The chocolate was thick, creamy and delicious. They gave us free samples of delicious chocolate pecans. It was very spacious with fun decor. The kids enjoyed looking at all the chocolate gifts and goodies. I know you can order food here, but I personally wouldn't. It's all about the chocolate for me.

Visited February 2013

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“where have you been!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

i'm so late in discovering this gem for chocoholics!!!! My boyfriend and I after date night discovered this place by accident (being though we are not from philly). As we walk in It just hits you the sheer delight that hits your nostrils. my boyfriend loves chocolate and i thought he was going to go in shock as soon as we walked in. I'm dont remember exactly what we got (only dessert) but i remember there wasnt too much talking as we were eating, and thats always a sign that something is too good for words. There are only a few things that i disliked about the restaurant, our waiter who was very handsome didnt have much personality and it took him forever to come take our order or even see if we needed anything else or even to give us the check. The last thing which disgusted me, was the bathroom! theres pretty much one bathroom. And im sorry i just find it gross using the same bathroom as a man who may not have good aim or a child for that matter and i have to see pee on the floor or no toilet paper, even though as a female we master the art of squatting i dont want to see a toilet seat up. I probably will never use that bathroom again i much rather pee in the alley! thats how appalled i was!! and honestly the only thing it needed was to be cleaned!!! mopped, papertowels, soap etc!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ami H
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“I consider myself a foodie, and I liked it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

For Philadelphia restaurant week, I wanted to try something new for lunch. Upon entering the restaurant I was impressed, I love how the crowd was mixed with families, couples and girl friends just hanging out chatting, laughing, eating, and enjoying chocolate. One may be thrown off initially with the abundance of chocolate and candy immediately as you walk into the door, but don't let that throw you off. My friend and I enjoyed the prix fixe lunch menu: caesar salad (nice twist w/ avocados and a spicy aioli sauce), BBQ wings (delicous - not your normal sweet baby rays I could taste the orange zest - must have), drinks - SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE MARTINI....mmmmm (let's say I will be back for that). We both decided to have the burger, which were done well, with vidalia onion rings. Our server Dave was pretty cool, and very attentive. So, now for the best part dessert, if you are on a diet, don't walk into this place it is suicide for any dieter. My friend and I decided to split the two options for desert...chocolate and strawberry filled crepes (standard, nice chocolate), and the famous Max Brenner truffles, you get six different flavors including a 70% cocoa, raspberry, hazel nut, spicy with chili powder (mmm). Speaking of chili powder, try the waffle fries, they are dusted with cocoa and chili powder...I know so wrong, but so good Go, enjoy, have fun!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I heard so many great things about the desserts, but I was so disappointed! The portions were huge, and the taste did not match the price. I ordered a dish that had ice cream and waffles...it wasn't anything special. The place was packed, so maybe I my taste buds were having an off day.

Visited June 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Everything about this restaurant is yummy and decadent. The desserts are obviously the main attraction but the food is wonderful too! Especially the brunch!

Visited December 2012