“Not to standards”

GreenLeadersGold level
Corrales, New Mexico
“Not to standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

We have stayed at several Meridien Hotels throughout the world and I have a friend who is one of the executives and this was by far the worst. Dirty room which was not prepared for us at all, poor restaurant service to include lengthy food preparation (onion soup and a steak?), loud, obtrusive music and wine that was cheaper to buy by the bottle than by the glass...and poor quality! I recommend you find another hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Radnor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

This is a great hotel and fills a gap that was not being fulfilled in the Philly hotel choices. The Le Meridien is a hip first-class hotel. It is cooler than the Four Seasons and the Ritz yet still a 4-5 star type of property. It is also a slightly better value than the top hotels in Philly. I highly recommend Le Meridien for business travel and for a weekend getaway in Center City Philly. Friendly and helpful staff as well!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

Definitely park a block over in the Philadelphia Parking Authority garage. It's underground, a bit sketchy, but it's right below the Philly Municipal Services Building and all their vehicles are parked there so I felt safe leaving my car there overnight. Compared to valet parking at $40/day I paid only $8.50 for Sat. evening through Sunday afternoon. I still had great access to my car and didn't have to wait for the valet.
The first thing I saw when approaching the entrance was stairs. And more stairs. I carried my luggage up 2 medium-sized flights. Ramp anyone?
There's a cool bar scene and a tiny check-in counter around the corner. The woman at the desk was great and very friendly.
Then there was the elevator music. The first night it was bird sounds and native-sounding music. The next morning it was water droplets. I know that everyone dreads the typical boring elevator music...but this was just trying too hard and made my elevator rides awkward. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or take deep breaths and enjoy a spa moment.
The room was nice, modern, and chic. The sliding door to the bathroom was a little inconvenient but an interesting idea. The shower, however, came with a disclaimer sticker that it might be "unusually wet". The shower itself was fine, but it leaked into the bathroom and created a nice little pool for me to step into afterwards. So be careful when exiting the shower.
I also woke up 4 hours before my own cell phone alarm was set...due to the room clock blaring smooth jazz when it's alarm decided to go off. I guess I should have checked that before I went to sleep?
Otherwise the hotel was great. It's convenient to everything in Philly and was easy to get to and leave the city from. I know there are a lot more close by so I'll try them next time but wouldn't have a melt down if I had to stay here again. I'd just be more prepared now.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank orange09
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I had an outstanding 3-night stay at the Le Meridien Philadelphia hotel. The hotel was conveniently located within walking distance to the convention center, parks, and numerous restaurants and shops. The guest rooms were spacious, chic, immaculate, and provided great views of the city. Aside from the beautiful architecture and design of the hotel, the staff was exceptional. Each member was extremely hospitable, knowledgeable about the city, and continuously available to meet the needs of their guests/respond to special requests. I highly recommend staying at the Le Meridien hotel during your next visit to Philadelphia.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
LM-PHL, Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 5, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful review and thank you for mentioning your positive experience with our staff members. We have been very fortunate to amass a wonderful team filled with genuine hospitality professionals who care dearly for every guest experiance. I know I speak for our entire staff when I say it was a pleasure to host you and all of our guests. We hope to see you back soon.
Parsonsfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

This was my last night in Philly after Thanksgiving. This was the BEST hotel night of ny entire weekend. Too bad it was only for 1 night. I saved the best for last. Checked in early around 1pm & was give a King room on the 10 floor which is one of the Starwood Preferred floors. it was a corner room, so there was a little extra space in a long hallway. The room has a contemporary vibe similar to a W hotel. The decor is minimalist but not cold. The lobby is a lounge with a small checkin area off to the side. I had stopped in around noon & was told that my room might be ready in an hour which it was. I left my bags with the front desk while I took in the city. Everyone that I encountered at this property was stellar & could not do enough for you. From directions to restaurant recommendations, to just being overly pleasant & helpful. I would stay here every time I am in my former home city. The room was GREAT!!!! The bed comfy, The bathroom large & well appointed. Flat panel TV & nice high desk for working. The 5th floor business center area & social area were very nice as they are in a large interior courtyard area with a large skylight overhead 6 floors up. Internet was readily available in this area for free & I never had to wait for a PC. Did not try the restaurant, but have heard good things. Loved, Loved, Loved the Le Meridien Philadelphia. This was the best bargain of my weekend as I got it for a rate of $99.00 a night. Too bad I couldn't extend my weekend...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank robertwcook
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

I stayed here for two nights in November for a business trip. My only previous experience was staying at Le Meridien in Boston many years ago, and it was a gorgeous grand old hotel, so I expected the same experience here (that hotel has changed brands). This is a nice, upscale hotel. However, the priority seems to be on this ultramodern, "glam" ambiance that depending on your travel, can be terrific or get on your nerves! Most of the reviews for this hotel seem accurate. The rooms are nice, but small. The beds are very comfortable but took up most of my room. The bathroom was spacious and had a large stall shower that I liked very much. The lobby had a large bar and chill/techno/worldbeat music was playing constantly which drove me crazy- if I was there for a romantic weekend, I might have felt different. If you like staying at "W" hotels, or the Dream Hotel in NYC, then you will like it. Luckily, the elevator ride was quick because the elevators play nature sounds (frogs croaking, water running) set to techno music and it made me wish I took the stairs every time! The staff was very good, and although they forgot my wake up call one morning they had great taxi mojo- they always got me a cab very quickly, and if I called down for a cab, while I was on my way down, if someone else asked for a cab, the valet didn't hand over my cab just because they were there, which was great and is rare to see. The location is central to everything in Philadelphia and also near the nexus of a lot of public transport, but the immediate vicinity is nondescript with little to offer. This hotel is great for a young couple looking for a romantic weekend in the city; I would not recommend it as a hotel for families or young children.

2 Thank Joshdent
Carol Stream, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

This was my first stay at a Le Meridien and I was really impressed. The front desk staff was super friendly upon check in and out. I was on the 5th floor, which was great becasue the health club and business center were on this floor also. The rooms were very large and I liked the decor a lot. I did think it was a little chilly though and could not get a comfortable temperature. I had room service dinner which was excellent (the salad with the goat cheese is fab) and my server was very friendly. The location was excellent to attractions and you could easily walk to restaurants in the area. I really liked the library (meeting room) and the ballroom next to it. Great character.

1 Thank bcjordan