“Beautiful hotel, great location for museum”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Beautiful hotel, great location for museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

Absolutely awesome hotel. The interior decorating is amazing. When you walk into the lobby you'll know you made a good decision booking this hotel. It's definitely got a very hip/boutique hotel vibe to it.

They have soft lounge music playing in the lobbies, and the elevator has some neat sound effects that change depending on the time of day. The downstairs bar is a great place to grab coffee in the morning.

The bathroom is nice and large with a very comfortable shower, I liked the bath products a lot as well. I wish the bathroom had a fan however.

The room has a large full length mirror which is always a plus, and a nice flat screen with tons of channels. The beds are SUPER comfortable and you have a range of pillow choices.

The area immediately outside the hotel is a little shady at night, especially in front of City Hall. Not nearly as bad as North Philly however, and during the day its totally fine. We walked to the Museum of Art from the hotel since it is about a mile away and Philadelphia is a fun city to walk.

Valet Parking is outrageously expensive, $38 a night. My advice is park at the public garage between 15th and 16th streets just 2 blocks north of the hotel. It only cost us $5 a night on weekends. On weeknights its $18 a night. Can't beat that!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed there for 3 nights in June and it was great! We got the third night for free because of the promotion at the time and that was great value for the money. Location is also great, we walked to pretty much everything downtown. 1 minute from city hall.

Careful! Valet parking is expensive!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

I visit Philadelphia often & recently stayed at The Le Meridien & had an amazing experience! The building is really beautiful, the lobby restaurant Amuse & Bar were fantastic, & the entire feel of the hotel is clean, simple & modern. Check-in was efficient & I was granted an early arrival around 10am, which was great *& much appreciated!! My room (#1018) was an SPG floor which was lovely & the bed was incredible! The design again was simple & stream-lined, with a great flat panel TV, nice shower head, soft carpeting & was relatively quiet, facing the interior of the hotel. I ordered room service for lunch, & there was a slight error in my order, but the problem was solved quickly; I had breakfast at the restaurant & the food was very good(the Club Sandwich & Fries from room service is insanely good & the Belgian Waffle was really tasty!), as was the service! The location is good, about a 10 min walk or less to Rittenhouse Sq, etc. I really loved the hotel & will continue to stay here....already booked for this week!:) I would like to mention the following staff members I came in contact with who provided exemplary service: the Bellman were all fantastic & quick to greet, Samantha from the Restaurant called me personally about my slight Room Service issue & was very kind & thoughtful; Caroline R. provided lovely breakfast service & was very sweet; Liljana N. from Room Service was great, & Adam at the Front Desk was very friendly!--- I typically stay at The Sofitel or The Four Seasons in Philly, but Le Meridien was flawless & I felt very comfortable staying here! Congrats to a fantastic start!

Best,
Patrick M. Winkler
NYC

philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

We had several rooms for a girls' weekend. Greeted at the front desk with smiles and superb service. Rooms were *clean* and the beds & pillows very comfortable. Great Italian coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
LM-PHL, Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
We are so excited that you and your friends had a wonderful weekend. Thank you for mentioning our great coffee; our fine coffee comes from our proud partnership with illy coffee, the fine Italian roasting house that originally brought the ritual of the espresso experience onto the world stage.

Thank you for the positive comments and we hope to see you and others back for all kinds of fun escapes from home.
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Really amazing proactive service. Walked in the door and was immediately greeted and guided to the front desk. Got an upgrade to the SPG floor with a suite. Really like the eclectic blend of old colonial brick architecture and modern but simple furniture. My wording does not do it justice, but I thought it all blended perfectly. Great bar with some great cocktails too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
LM-PHL, Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful review and for mentioning our blend of modern design and historically relevant architecture. Reaching that balance was no easy task as areas of our building are historically preserved and thus required our designers and architects to push the limits of their creativity in order to articulate the experience we would like guests to have. I must say it is a pleasure sharing such a unique and beautiful building each day.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

Perfect can't even begin to describe my experience at Le Meridien. This has been my best hotel experience by far! The hotel is new, modern, simple yet elegant, and very clean. The rooms, hallways, and lobby were all beautifully decorated. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to dining and shopping. The valet is $38/day but well worth it because there isn't much parking in the vicinity. The staff were excellent and very helpful. I really, really enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights during my first-ever visit to Philadelphia and it was a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying experience. The location could not have been much better for its proximity to the PA Convention Center, where I was attending a conference. The customer service at Le Meridien Philadelphia was top-shelf and by the end of my check-IN process, I already felt like most of the staff knew me by name and aimed to please in all facets of operation (later in the hallway, I was asked twice by housekeeping and operations if I needed anything and if I was enjoying myself). Fine details appoint the hotel bar AMUSE (with a stellar cocktail/beer/wine/AND food menu, as well as lobby touches, such as a hip soundtrack and a coffee bar in the A.M.
If I stay someplace for more than a few hours and the only drawback I could sense was some quirkiness with the how well the elevators were operating, I'd say it was a successful stay and that this hotel is set-up for a long stay in Philadelphia if it continues to provide this level of customer service. That combined with comfortable, clean, modern rooms and a great location make Le Meridien Philadelphia an excellent choice for any traveler for any purpose, and all at a very reasonable and competitive rate.