“Perfect Philly weekend!”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We had several rooms for a girls' weekend. Greeted at the front desk with smiles and superb service. Rooms were *clean* and the beds & pillows very comfortable. Great Italian coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
LM-PHL, Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

We are so excited that you and your friends had a wonderful weekend. Thank you for mentioning our great coffee; our fine coffee comes from our proud partnership with illy coffee, the fine Italian roasting house that originally brought the ritual of the espresso experience onto the world stage.

Thank you for the positive comments and we hope to see you and others back for all kinds of fun escapes from home.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Really amazing proactive service. Walked in the door and was immediately greeted and guided to the front desk. Got an upgrade to the SPG floor with a suite. Really like the eclectic blend of old colonial brick architecture and modern but simple furniture. My wording does not do it justice, but I thought it all blended perfectly. Great bar with some great cocktails too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
LM-PHL, Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful review and for mentioning our blend of modern design and historically relevant architecture. Reaching that balance was no easy task as areas of our building are historically preserved and thus required our designers and architects to push the limits of their creativity in order to articulate the experience we would like guests to have. I must say it is a pleasure sharing such a unique and beautiful building each day.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Perfect can't even begin to describe my experience at Le Meridien. This has been my best hotel experience by far! The hotel is new, modern, simple yet elegant, and very clean. The rooms, hallways, and lobby were all beautifully decorated. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to dining and shopping. The valet is $38/day but well worth it because there isn't much parking in the vicinity. The staff were excellent and very helpful. I really, really enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again if ever in the area!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights during my first-ever visit to Philadelphia and it was a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying experience. The location could not have been much better for its proximity to the PA Convention Center, where I was attending a conference. The customer service at Le Meridien Philadelphia was top-shelf and by the end of my check-IN process, I already felt like most of the staff knew me by name and aimed to please in all facets of operation (later in the hallway, I was asked twice by housekeeping and operations if I needed anything and if I was enjoying myself). Fine details appoint the hotel bar AMUSE (with a stellar cocktail/beer/wine/AND food menu, as well as lobby touches, such as a hip soundtrack and a coffee bar in the A.M.
If I stay someplace for more than a few hours and the only drawback I could sense was some quirkiness with the how well the elevators were operating, I'd say it was a successful stay and that this hotel is set-up for a long stay in Philadelphia if it continues to provide this level of customer service. That combined with comfortable, clean, modern rooms and a great location make Le Meridien Philadelphia an excellent choice for any traveler for any purpose, and all at a very reasonable and competitive rate.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

So I Hotwired the room one day in advance for $94 which is a great deal. Geographically the hotel is literally in the center of the city, right across city hall.

The bellmen were very friendly and brought our luggage to our room very quickly. Great way to get things started. The check-in process was smooth. I was upgraded to a suite which was very spacious.

The rooms are very modern, sleek, and sexy. The beds are very comfortable. More importantly they were very clean. In general the room was very large.

The hotel is only about a year old so everything is brand new.

It is a little difficult to find a cab outside of the hotel but you can walk a block and find one with ease.

Other then that it is a solid hotel. The only hotel which is better would be the Sofitel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Good Job Le Meridien! You landed a wonderful hotel in Philly. Modern, Cosy, well appointed rooms, awesome staff, and excellent location! I stayed here just to get away for a night and wanted to try this hotel for myself. I LOVE the Le Meridien in San Francisco, it maybe one of my top favorites in the US. Check-in was so friendly, I was welcomed very warmly to the hotel and given a room upgrade due to my status to a Executive King. I felt like there were touches of home in my room which made it feel even more comfortable. I managed to get a lot of work done, take a wonderful relaxing shower, and woke up refreshed. Just what I needed and at a good value. I did not get a chance to visit the bar, however, it looked trendy and hip. Maybe next time Ill have a drink there and relax even more. This was a real treat! I have been in the Four Seasons and the Ritz Carlton in the past and can say that the rooms are not up to these standards. I feel like they are all too dated. It may just be my taste, however, I do like some traditional hotels, but still Le Meridien was modern but so warm and classy. Bottom line if you are visiting Philadelphia for business or leisure you can't go wrong!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
LM-PHL, Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind comments; our team is passionate about Philadelphia and are very excited to be a part of bringing this iconic building back into this cities cultural mainstream. I certainly do encourage you to discover Amuse, our outstanding signature restaurant, and our award winning martini bar.

I look forward to enjoying your visits for many years to come.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Rarely do I ever enjoy a hotel and find their online pictures match the experience. Le Meridien Philadelphia meets and exceeds expectation. As a constant traveler, I am more often than not disappointed in my hotel experiences. But it is truly nice to arrive to a place that is both fun, casual and feels a bit like a home (my home).

The hotel is perfectly situated near the beautiful Philadelphia City Hall and is in a walkable distance of Philly most famous sites. Upon entering the hotel was a sweet like candy scent--clean and reassuring. Every staff member I talked with were incredibly gracious and welcoming. The concierge was incredibly helpful and splendidly nice.

The bar staff were welcoming and friendly; I chatted with each of them. This bar is a nice place after a long days journey from traveling--not too crowded but balanced; right amount of people and no need to jockey for service.

The room was more spacious than I expected; well appointed and modern. The room didn't just have an obligatory panel television but a gorgeous and focused picture. I love the sheets and bedding.

I stayed on the fifth floor which is where the gym is located and a very cool courtyard that is flooded with music.

I look forward to a return visit to my Philadelphia quarters.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo