“Exceeded my expectations!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kelowna, Canada
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A recent trip to a conference in Philadelphia, we selected a hotel online and sometimes when you are in a hurry, you are taking your chances. I have to say this hotel far exceeded our expectations. The staff were friendly and always eager to assist with whatever we needed. When we travel to conferences like these, we generally have a trade show booth and that in itself requires a lot of detail to organize. Inevitably, there is always something missing from our supplies, we need directions and/or help with shipping items back to our office. These folks went far above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. Its not a large hotel, however it would appear that it has been recently renovated. The rooms were clean, had large well appointed washrooms and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I hope I get another chance to go back to Philadelphia - if for nothing else - to stay here again! Great job by the staff at Le Meridien Philly!

Room Tip: There are rooms that face a courtyard or that face the street. I stayed in one that faced the court...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Comfortable, clean room with modern furnishings. The hotel has a great location for sight-seeing.

WIFI is only in the reception area, which is a bit annoying. Parking was also a bit of a nightmare. It's very pricey if you want to park nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I recently stayed at Le Meridien and it was great. The building itself is great, with a very cool lobby bar area, and our room was high-end. Our best experience, however, was with the service. I left a tie in my room, and the housekeeping staff was nice enough to find it after we left, and to send it to me, without even asking me to pay for the shipping. That is first class, A+ service and I will stay there on all my future trips to Philadelphia.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Located in the center of everything and blocks away from the cities main attractions such as City Hall, Love Park, the Convention Center, Rittenhouse Square and Chinatown is the Le Meridien Philadelphia. The rooms are immaculate and the bed was exactly what I needed after a long day. The Le Meridien Philadelphia staff went out of their way to treat my family as if it were their own. To top it off, the wifi has been updated since my last visit and was as fast as any hotel I have stayed in recently. I highly recommend the Philadelphia Meridien...even above the Parker Meridien in NYC.

When I stay in Philadelphia, I stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Love Park and City Hall.
Green Features: As always, starwoods hotels are environmentally-friendly...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The trouble with some of these older Le Meridiens is they date from Air France days when they were the lodging office for the French Consulate. This one has smaller rooms and lacks a bit of character honestly. The lobby is unusual and confusing, you walk into these tables and have to figure out where the front desk is.

That said, the staff is super friendly here, honestly all of Philly is, an appropriate name for the city I guess.

Bed was comfortable, valet a little slow (but very friendly), only had one issue - after a late night where I arrived about 2am, they woke my up at 6:30am thinking I needed a car. Wrong room. They gave me two breakfast coupons. I came in at 2am, don't need the breakfast folks, just more sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Erie, Colorado
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel. From the minute we arrived the staff from the doorman to the front desk to the bartender were excellent. This is a perfect Boutique Hotel. You walk directly into the inviting bar area, reception is easy to find if you just look to the left. Room was somewhat spaces and contemporary, bathroom was a bit small however, this is an old YMCA so you need to keep that in mind. It was perfect for the 2 of us. The location was perfect for us. Right across the street from Love Park, across from City Hall, down the street from Reading Market and a block away from the Suburban Street Station. The little things make me happy: free wifi, free coffee in room and lobby.

Room Tip: Request room on high floor - we were on 10
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel conveniently located near city hall and the convention center. The public areas are a little too dark and gloomy for my taste but the rooms and corridors are bright and contemporary chic. The best part of the hotel is the service. From the bellman to the restaurant staff and front desk attentive service with a warm smile was the norm. I will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business