“Great location. Hotel nice not great”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great location. Hotel nice not great”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

As a Starwood gold member you usually get a few perks. Not so here. If not a SPG follower then no complaints. Room is small but not too small. Clean, wireless speed not blinding fast but not sluggish. Very quiet and a comfortable bed. Staff was helpful, restaurant a bit pricy but a notch up from the usual hotel fare. Location is perfect. Near convention center and museums plus train station is a $10 cab away even with the cabbie taking the most indirect route possible.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fludoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. We had two rooms and when we arrived in morning our rooms were ready for check in. Platinum spg recognition was excellent. The staff including the front desk and the wait staff at Amuse were extremely accommodating. The hotel was just gorgeous and my parents, who are in their late 50s, loved the decor and ambiance. We had a bit of an emergency at the end of the weekend and were not able to check out on time and the staff was so courteous and allowed us to stay in the room until we were able to leave. Definitely a top choice in Philadelphia.
The hotel was very centrally located and close to many attractions as well as great restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ttravel09
nyc
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The location of this hotel is very central but the City Hall area is not ideal and
the constant construction is annoying. The hotel is a bit strange. You walk into
a bar area rather than a lobby/reception area. I almost turned around since I
assumed I walked through the wrong door. The rooms are decorated kind of
strangely and are adequate but not very pleasing. My view was of some concrete
barristers. I didn't think that the hotel was that clean.

Room Tip: Ask to see it first if this is a priority
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Maddie

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that you did not enjoy our central location and felt our entrance a little strange. Our hotel does have a unique arrival, with guests entering directly into our active hub area including the bar. When we restored this historical building, the only location we could place the bar is right inside the front door. Many people enjoy the energy of the arrival but I understand it’s not to everyone’s taste.

I do hope you will reconsider staying in our hotel. The construction at the end of the block is nearing completion.

Wishing you safe travels,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2014

From the moment we arrived, our experience was superb! The staff was very welcoming and our check-in process was speedy. Our room was spacious, clean and had an upscale modern feel. The location of the hotel is right in the heart of the city, just minutes to bars, restaurants and the Philly tourist attractions. Overall we had a great stay and would highly recommend Le Meridien for your Philly stay!

1 Thank Jenn892
Jenn,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review! I am delighted your experience was superb and that you enjoyed our clean and upscale modern feel.

I appreciate your business and hope to serve you again!

Garfield, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The conference I attended was held at the Meridien so naturally this hotel became my obvious choice. I loved the central Philly location but my affection ended here. The room I stayed in was cleaned very superficially. The white sheets had yellow spots. The black furniture was covered with a layer of old dust which was never cleaned throughout my 2 night stay. The window faced a tall red brick wall. The valet parking staff broke my key chain and returned the car without a comment. Upon my complaint I was offered no apology. The front desk was staffed with only one person which made check in and check out very long.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jack

Thank you for sharing your experience. Allow me to apologize for condition you found your room in and for the issue with your car key. Valet keys are sometimes placed on a big ring and I can understand one possibly being broken, but there is simply no excuse for our not apologizing. I encourage you to contact me as I’d like to be certain we make things right. You can reach me at evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com .

I hope you will give us the opportunity to earn your respect for our commitment to hospitality and service.

Regards,
Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My friends and I stayed at Le Meridien in Philadelphia for my bachelorette weekend. It had to have been one of the best experiences at a hotel I have ever had! The entire staff was beyond helpful with anything we needed. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. We were right in the heart of Center City, which made travel very easy. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend, and staying at Le Meridien definitely helped the weekend run smoothly! Thank you to the staff for giving my friends and I a weekend we will never forget!

2 Thank Liz D
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel three times now in my travels to Philly, and I have found it to be the best place to stay in the city. Everyone is so helpful, from the valet to the front desk, to the room keep. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the heart of Philly and loves good service.

Crystal,

Thank you for the 5 star review and great comments! Your headline “Best place to stay in Philly” is a great compliment. Most importantly I am delighted we provided the great service that has earned us your business on three trips. We look forward to serving you again and thank you for your loyalty.

Wishing you a great last few days of winter,