“Elegant and charming with beautiful architecture”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Elegant and charming with beautiful architecture”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Room overlooked Indepence Hall-added treat
Ate breakfast in restaurant-food and service both excellent. Lobby lounge area was inviting and comfy. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
Reviewed February 22, 2014

From the time we pulled up to the front of the hotel to check in until the time we left, the staff was excellent. Check in was a breeze and they even changed our room to a corner room with a view of the Love Park and City Hall. We stayed on the 5th floor where the internet cafe and gym are located. From the valley, front desk, bell hop, room service and bartender, everyone was polite and bid the time of day. Whenever we had questions of nearby restaurants and attractions, the valley helped out. If he was there when we arrived back, he took the time to ask how our adventure was.

Our two children (6yrs and 4yrs) enjoyed that 'grown ups' were taking the time to converse with them. The entire hotel including the rooms, has a modern chic appearance. The rooms are a little small for a family of four but were design well. The door for the bathroom rolled on a track instead of opening in or out (space saver). The beds were comfortable and there were 2 pillows per person (1 fluffy and 1 tamed). The lobby has a few sitting areas to just hang out and talk or drink your coffee. The restaurant has a modern design as well with huge windows that let all the natural light in. The pricing would be our only complaint. There are many other restaurants within walking distance with better pricing and/or amount of food for your money.

We will definitely stay at the Le Meridien when we go back to Philadelphia again. The service alone would bring us back. BTW, don't let other reviews fool you about the parking. There are cheaper parking lots around the corner if you do not plan on using your vehicle. If you are like my family and want to be able to go in and out during the day, then use the hotel parking. Yes, you get charged $40 a day for parking at the hotel but your vehicle is ready for you out front. They ask that you give them 15-20 minutes to retrieve your vehicle. If you plan on going back out within the hour, they will leave it parked out front for your convenience.

To the hotel staff: Thank you from my family for you hospitality!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room from the 5th floor and up with an outside view. We had a corner room and we were a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Meridien for a quick trip to the Franklin Institute and the Barnes. It is well-located just a few blocks from all of the great food at the Reading Terminal and walking distance to both museums. Some of the design choices in the room seem to be more about "look" than "function" and the interior rooms can get to feel a bit claustrophobic since you wouldn't keep the shade up. But overall, it was a very pleasant stay -- comfortable beds -- and the reception area and bellmen were very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get an exterior room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed at the Le Meridien for business in Feburary. Hotel is in a beautiful building with modern feel. Rooms clean and beds very comfortable. Lobby has a nice warm fireplace! Really enjoyed my stay. Lovely, friendly staff who were very helpful. Luxury hotel but reasonable priced. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
NJMeeting Director,

Thank you for the great review. Judging from your screen name, I assume you are an experienced and sophisticated traveler, making the comments even more appreciated.

We work very hard to provide a luxurious, yet unpretentious visit in a hospitable and modern style.

Your business is appreciated and I hope we can serve you again in the near future.
Safe travels,
Long Island, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent stay in room 545. We asked for a room on a higher floor per the travel tips on this site and were told no more were available. About 15 minutes later we saw someone else check into a higher floor. Chock that up to booking via a cheap third party. The very friendly receptionist did however suggest an outward facing room. We had views of both City Hall and Love Park. Totally picturesque.

There was quite a line at check-in but it moved swiftly. All of the staff was super courteous and polite for the length of our stay. Definitely 5 star service and cleanliness. The lobby smells like a dream!

Per the tips on this site, we parked at the garage on 15th and Arch so I can't speak to the efficiency of the valets. However, I would like to clarify that wifi was free for the first 24 hours and there is an Ethernet cable in all rooms for laptops. There's also a complimentary water.

The only thing that prevented me from giving a perfect score was location. It is certainly a safe and relatively quiet area on weekends but there aren't many attractions in the immediate area. Then again, we went when the city was covered in ice so perhaps in warmer months the walk is pleasant.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wander L
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stay In hotels very regularly. At least a couple nights a month. The ritz Carlton, Sofitel, lowes, and the W hotel just to name a few, but none of them have ever made our visit special enough to write a review. Much less write a review during our stay! The decor is warm but modern. The interior to the rooms is very unique. The beds are extremely comfortable. The room gets cold (since I can't sleep in warm rooms) and is very dark when you want it to be. The location is wonderful, walking distance to all of the amazing restaurants in philadelphia. But what sealed the deal was a wonderful complimentary platter of treats and a bottle of champagne delivered to our door. I love when customer service goes above and beyond. Best hotel out of the ritz, lowes, and Sofitel in philadelphia so far :)

• Stayed February 2014
Dandelion,

I can’t thank you enough for the ultimate SIX STAR compliment! More importantly I’m delighted to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Our beds are the best and I’m glad you got to enjoy your night’s sleep.

I appreciate your feedback and our associates will be thrilled with 6th star.

Wishing you frequent luxurious weekends!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 11, 2014

DO NO EVER STAY HERE. I stayed for one night and within an hour of being at the hotel the valet crashed my car. I received no apology. It has been a month since the accident and the hotel or their insurance company has not agreed to pay! It is ridiculous! This hotel is mismanaged and Starwood hotel group should be ashamed to try and get away with not paying for the damages they caused when they crashed my car. Don't believe me? Look up the police report online. An officer of the 9th precinct took the report and it occurred on January 18th 2014. Save yourself from a nightmare and headache and do not ever stay here!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Achethal
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Achethal,

Please allow me to apologize that this has taken so long and that you remain frustrated with the resolution process. Since filing the accident report, our valet provider has continually assured you they would take care of the process. In this case, it is just moving slow, coordinating three insurance companies and a police report in need of clarification.

I have asked our valet company to do everything possible to expedite the repairs to your vehicle. Please do contact me directly if I can be of any service.

Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Again, I apologize that you had to endure inconvenience of the wait.

Regards,