“My experience could NOT have been any better”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I just cringed reading the reviews from people who stayed at Le Meridien the same weekend as we did and yet had an experience so different from ours. I took my (2) 16-year old nieces and the three of us could not have been treated any better. Not only do these young ladies have great Philadelphia memories of long walks to 30th Street Station and the Art Museum, good food and cute boys at the Italian Market festival, but the staff of the Le Meridien showed them how well you can (and should be) treated when giving a hotel your business.

Thank you Le Meridien for the outstanding service from valet to front desk. (especially Mr Schwemer!). Classy + genuine Philadelphia friendliness. Thanks for the restaurant recco's, the complimentary umbrella, sharing the building's history with the girls, and the extended 1/2 hour at checkout. (so they could properly primp after the rainstorm) You put that other overrated chain (H-----) to shame.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We checked into Le Meridien for a one night stay and were treated so well that we didn't want to leave!
From the minute we arrived, the staff could not do enough to help us. The valets were prompt & attentive, the front-desk staff were pleasant & informative making the arrival and check-in process a breeze.
Since we had arrived long before check-in time, the hotel staff kept our bags while we had lunch & explored the city a bit.
Eating at Amuse (the hotel restaurant) was such a treat: the food was inventive & delicious and the staff could not have done anything else to make the meal more enjoyable!
Our room was lovely ~ spacious & bright with great views of the city. Breakfast was delivered right on time and was a great way to start the day.
Le Meridien made our quick get-a-way feel like vacation!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was a first... I have never stayed at a property where my room never cleaned, and when I returned at 6PM asked the front desk to have it done, only to return at 12AM to an untouched room. What are they thinking?
Also sheet stained with what looked like(I hope) coffee...someone needs to get their housekeeping in line.
The interior rooms overlook a courtyard, which is nice, but also overlooks the the elevator lobby area on each floor. So when you fling open your drapes, you are about 25 feet from the some startled people who where expecting to see an elevator, and instead see into your room.
Weird...just weird.
Too bad too, because with the contemporary and sleek decor, its a nice looking property otherwise.

Room Tip: Don't get an interior room, unless you like company, or plan to keep your drapes closed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Tracee

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy our contemporary and sleek décor.

Please allow me to apologize that our housekeeping issues detracted from your experience in our hotel. I am not certain what went wrong on our end but can assure you what you encountered does not meet our standards. I would really appreciate if you contact me with some details about your stay (dates, room number + reservation name) so I can address the issues with associates.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your respect for our commitment to excellence.

Regards,
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Right from the start your hosts are helpful! It's not easy to park in downtown Philadelphia on a Friday night, but these folk provide valet service by very considerate staff. The lobby had a really nice Friday Night feel to it as it doubles as a bar, yet it was completely not intimidating, since there is someone there who immediately directs you to the check in desk (off to another side room) and elevators. The building is so interesting. A little labyrinthine, but in a good way! The elevator and halls all along one side of the building look over onto another old brick building, but all is enclosed with a roof. Kind of an indoor/outdoor feel. Our room was fantastically comfortable, very spacious, and very interesting use of space, with sliding door over the bathroom, versus the usual hinged door. It's very modern, and has a sort of Asian Fusion simplicity that's very relaxing. Our bed sloped a bit toward the middle. That's my only complaint, otherwise everything was perfect, including the magnificent view and the surprising serenity. Quietest room I've ever stayed in. Close to all sites and public transportation

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of City Hall!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here because of a winning priceline bid. Given the right price, I would definitely stay again. The hotel is in a good location for people who want to visit a variety of attractions in Philadelphia and are willing to walk to do so. We walked 2-3 miles both days we were there. For my family, that's a great way to see a city, but it's not everyone's idea of a vacation.

The hotel itself was clean and had great service. The vibe was definitely trendy, but everything was so dark! Maybe I'm sounding a bit older than I am by complaining that there wasn't enough light in the hotel. It just seemed that all of the common spaces were very poorly lit. The room had a number of lighting fixtures, but still seemed dark. Our windows looked onto an interior courtyard. It was a great use of space, but again, didn't allow much light.

All in all, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Laura,

Thank you for the sharing your experience! I am delighted you enjoyed our great service and clean hotel. Our central location does provide a fantastic starting point to enjoy all Philadelphia has to offer.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you again.

Safe travels,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was cute, small but cute. View was bad because we were on the back side of the building. I feel like the bathroom could have been cleaner. Front desk people were pleasant and helpful. We wanted to walk around after check out but our car was in valet so they held our stuff for us. I wouldnt say it was worth the money but you pay for the area really.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the front side of the building otherwise you will be looking at the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was dirty at my time of arrival I ask to speak to the cleaning supervisor. She explained to me with an attitude after asking her a few questions I even asked for a few more amenities and she rolled her eyes at me. I would never stay there again

• Stayed: March 2013

Ggree
Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to apologize that we missed the opportunity to better serve you. I would like to use your feedback to ensure we address the issue. Would you be so kind as to contact me and provide me some details about your stay, this will enable me to address the appropriate individuals.
I hope you will reconsider staying in our hotel and give us the opportunity to earn your business and respect for our commitment to excellence.
Regards,