“service & location make for a perfect getaway in Philadelphia!”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We checked into Le Meridien for a one night stay and were treated so well that we didn't want to leave!
From the minute we arrived, the staff could not do enough to help us. The valets were prompt & attentive, the front-desk staff were pleasant & informative making the arrival and check-in process a breeze.
Since we had arrived long before check-in time, the hotel staff kept our bags while we had lunch & explored the city a bit.
Eating at Amuse (the hotel restaurant) was such a treat: the food was inventive & delicious and the staff could not have done anything else to make the meal more enjoyable!
Our room was lovely ~ spacious & bright with great views of the city. Breakfast was delivered right on time and was a great way to start the day.
Le Meridien made our quick get-a-way feel like vacation!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was a first... I have never stayed at a property where my room never cleaned, and when I returned at 6PM asked the front desk to have it done, only to return at 12AM to an untouched room. What are they thinking?
Also sheet stained with what looked like(I hope) coffee...someone needs to get their housekeeping in line.
The interior rooms overlook a courtyard, which is nice, but also overlooks the the elevator lobby area on each floor. So when you fling open your drapes, you are about 25 feet from the some startled people who where expecting to see an elevator, and instead see into your room.
Weird...just weird.
Too bad too, because with the contemporary and sleek decor, its a nice looking property otherwise.

Room Tip: Don't get an interior room, unless you like company, or plan to keep your drapes closed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Tracee

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy our contemporary and sleek décor.

Please allow me to apologize that our housekeeping issues detracted from your experience in our hotel. I am not certain what went wrong on our end but can assure you what you encountered does not meet our standards. I would really appreciate if you contact me with some details about your stay (dates, room number + reservation name) so I can address the issues with associates.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your respect for our commitment to excellence.

Regards,
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Right from the start your hosts are helpful! It's not easy to park in downtown Philadelphia on a Friday night, but these folk provide valet service by very considerate staff. The lobby had a really nice Friday Night feel to it as it doubles as a bar, yet it was completely not intimidating, since there is someone there who immediately directs you to the check in desk (off to another side room) and elevators. The building is so interesting. A little labyrinthine, but in a good way! The elevator and halls all along one side of the building look over onto another old brick building, but all is enclosed with a roof. Kind of an indoor/outdoor feel. Our room was fantastically comfortable, very spacious, and very interesting use of space, with sliding door over the bathroom, versus the usual hinged door. It's very modern, and has a sort of Asian Fusion simplicity that's very relaxing. Our bed sloped a bit toward the middle. That's my only complaint, otherwise everything was perfect, including the magnificent view and the surprising serenity. Quietest room I've ever stayed in. Close to all sites and public transportation

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of City Hall!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here because of a winning priceline bid. Given the right price, I would definitely stay again. The hotel is in a good location for people who want to visit a variety of attractions in Philadelphia and are willing to walk to do so. We walked 2-3 miles both days we were there. For my family, that's a great way to see a city, but it's not everyone's idea of a vacation.

The hotel itself was clean and had great service. The vibe was definitely trendy, but everything was so dark! Maybe I'm sounding a bit older than I am by complaining that there wasn't enough light in the hotel. It just seemed that all of the common spaces were very poorly lit. The room had a number of lighting fixtures, but still seemed dark. Our windows looked onto an interior courtyard. It was a great use of space, but again, didn't allow much light.

All in all, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Laura,

Thank you for the sharing your experience! I am delighted you enjoyed our great service and clean hotel. Our central location does provide a fantastic starting point to enjoy all Philadelphia has to offer.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you again.

Safe travels,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was cute, small but cute. View was bad because we were on the back side of the building. I feel like the bathroom could have been cleaner. Front desk people were pleasant and helpful. We wanted to walk around after check out but our car was in valet so they held our stuff for us. I wouldnt say it was worth the money but you pay for the area really.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room on the front side of the building otherwise you will be looking at the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was dirty at my time of arrival I ask to speak to the cleaning supervisor. She explained to me with an attitude after asking her a few questions I even asked for a few more amenities and she rolled her eyes at me. I would never stay there again

• Stayed: March 2013

Ggree
Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to apologize that we missed the opportunity to better serve you. I would like to use your feedback to ensure we address the issue. Would you be so kind as to contact me and provide me some details about your stay, this will enable me to address the appropriate individuals.
I hope you will reconsider staying in our hotel and give us the opportunity to earn your business and respect for our commitment to excellence.
Regards,
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just returned from a weekend stay at the Le Meridian in downtown Philly. I stayed there because I wanted to use a Starwood Property, and the location was adequate. I did find that for what I wanted to see, the historic colonial sites, I maybe should've stayed in the Old Town section to be closer, but it was Ok walking 20 minutes to it, taking a cab, or riding the subway to get there.
Things that I didn't like:
*The bathroom doors are not real doors, and this appears to be in all rooms. They are sliding doors, and it doesn't really "seal" the bathroom doorway completely as there's gaps, so you feel like you don't have privacy in the bathroom.
* I saw a couple of rooms, and each had one bathrobe only in each. One bathrobe per room? That's strange.
* We had a room with a bathtub shower, and the shower curtain's liner wasn't long enough to reach the top of the tub. I left it as is with the outer curtain hanging outside the tub and water got all over the floor. I tried again and put the outer curtain in the tub, and because it was fabric it got soaked and heavy- just strange.
* Our clock radio was unplugged in our room, and when I plugged it in I realized that the time could not be set. It was broken, and that's why it was unplugged. Why didn't the housekeeping attend to this before we arrived? I ended up leaving a note about the clock.
* We booked a double bed room but asked if we could get a king at check in. The reason why we couldn't get the king room was not because there were no rooms available, but because there "was a problem" with king duvets. I'm assuming this meant a laundry problem. That didn't impress me.
* On Saturday after being gone the whole day, we arrived back at 5:30pm to find our room had not been serviced by housekeeping. That was just way too late in my opinion. The Manager said it was because a lot of people like late service, but I want the bed made before 5:30pm.
* The valet told us to wait 15 minutes for our car, but then after 15 minutes they seem to have forgotten about getting the car, and we had to wait another 10-15 minutes.
* Although we were SPG Gold, we were told that because we booked a superior room, that they couldn't upgrade us to anything else. Am I supposed to think that we had the nicest room in the hotel? I don't think so.
* Cheap bathroom amenities. The shampoo barely suds, and no shower cap.

Things that I liked:
*After I emailed the hotel during my stay, the Gen Manager apologized for the troubles and offered us complimentary wine or dinner at their nice restaurant. We opted for breakfast, and I was happy that the effort to make us happier guests was made.
*The location was definitely central in the city, so it worked our nicely.
* The decor was hip and chic, and I liked all of the modern touches. It had a bit of nightclub vibe, and that was a nice change of pace from other hotels. It wasn't noisy like a nightclub, so I don't want to give out the wrong idea.
* We had a decent view of the capital building on the 6th floor, but higher would've been better.
* Nice happy hour specials at the bar, and the bartender was great on Friday 4/26.
*Breakfast was good. I like my french toast, and they served Illy coffee which was nice.

Other things about the city:
Subway is 2.00, and you must have exact change. They have people in windows at the stations where you can buy tokens, but they required exact change. Its the stupidest thing I've seen. They are paying a person to do the job of a machine, what a waste of money.

Room Tip: Looking out the front to see the capital building is nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends