“Great Location!”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my second visit to the hotel and it was delightful. I was in Philly for the Flower Show, which was a brief walk from the hotel. In addition, the Reading Market is also a short walk and is a great place to eat and shop. The hotel is an interesting blend of old and new; old moldings and mantles in the common areas blended with fabulous modern light fixtures and furniture. The hallways are beautifully designed and the rooms are modern. The bedding is lush and comfortable-best night's sleep in weeks! The staff is extremely accomodating. Scott, the concierge is knowledgeable and pleasant and Salam (?) at the front desk couldn't do enough to make our stay a pleasureable one. My one criticism is that our room was not cleaned early in the day and after we returned from a day of sight-seeing our room had still not seen the maid! A phone call resolved the issue promptly.

Room Tip: As this was my second visit to Le Meridien I knew to ask for a room that faced the street. We were...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is modern and updated. Rooms are spacious. I had a view of City Hall. My rate included breakfast in the restaurant, which was excellent. Considering the whole experience, the rate was low compared to others in the area. Service is wonderful. Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen F
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Liked the hotel. staff was helpful. Wi-Fi is not free. It was quiet. Check out the Museum of Art. It was our favorite part of the trip.Location is in walking distance for most attractions in the area. Valet parking was expensive, but I find this to in line with other major cities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the captioned hotel on 3/10/13 for work which I conveyed to the front desk. We were placed on the 5th fl. Although we were at the end of a secondary hallway, I did not notice the associates room & maid closets were located there as well. After working all weekend we retired to our room only to be awakened by people going knocking, talking and going in and out of the to above mentioned rooms. Before leaving for work I complained to the desk clerk, all I received in return was a blank look. When my husband finally checked out and complained as well, he was told there was no one in there - in fact, the front desk was so adament that my husband finally said "well then you have ghosts!" After calling and then finally writing a letter I received a return call of apology and was told the issue was addressed with the entire hotel staff "not just the associates they had staying overnigh." The call ended with "I hope that should the need arise you will give our hotel another try in the future." I also want to mention I booked this room through Priceline.com (a first for me) I am not sure whether or not that had anything to do with the location of our room. But thought it was worth mentioning.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank amullan
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Amullan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please allow me to apologize that you experienced undesirable noise and that our front desk associate was not initially as responsive as they should been. We have had dialogue with all our associates about working quietly on the guest room floors. I am slightly confused with your comments regarding associates staying in the hotel. We only allow them to stay during weather emergencies to ensure we can provide essential services during storms and none should have been in the hotel on date that you stayed.

I am glad to hear that our managers did follow up with you. If I can be of any additional service, please feel free to contact me at 215.422.8200 or evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com.

Regards,
Evan

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff were great, and very helpful, especially the concierge Scott. The decor of the lobby and the interior were very sleek and modern, as was our room. The reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is solely because our room only had interior windows, which made it quite loud since there were 4 weddings that night. Otherwise, it was a great stay, and the hotel offers easy access to a lot of the main attractions in town.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's truly a lovely hotel. The staff is friendly. Rooms are clean and new. We had a nice view.

However, I did want to touch on the $38 daily for valet parking. On the surface, I totally understand the fee and it is true that it's in line with other spots in the city. As the hotel has noted on this site multiple times, the valet will gladly direct you to a less expensive option nearby. My question for them is this: multiple hotel employees advised us it might not be too safe walk a few blocks from the hotel at night to dinner, and they advised taking cabs to our destinations. So do they expect their visitors who arrive at night to park somewhere where by their own admission it's not safe? I totally understand that there has to be a fee for the valet service (especially since they've chosen to use an outside contractor, Towne Park), but it seems slightly disingenuous to tell people to park offsite when you're also telling guests from out of town that it might not be safe.

1  Thank Matt F
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our first trip to Philadelphia and we were planning to go to the Philadelphia Flower Show..there was no information available at the hotel on our arrival evening and the concierge was not expected until noon the next day. I went to get info on my iPad and found that there is complimentary wifi ONLY on the weekends! I guess all the people on the couches in the lobby clutching their laptops should have been a clue..next there were bottles of water in the room ( brand name Nestles...like you buy by the case at big box stores) with price tags of 3 dollars each hanging off of their necks. Of course there was no complimentary breakfast and parking was 38 dollars a night.. I must say that the rooms were beautiful and we found them to be very clean and quiet...but when traveling most of my time is spent out of the room..... I do feel certain amenities are to be expected when paying a premium price for accommodations. We did find our own parking ramp for 18 dollars a night one block away.

1  Thank Susan P