Le Meridien Philadelphia
$249
$239
Orbitz.com
1,424 results
All reviewscity hallymca buildinglove parkconvention centersliding doorlobby barvalet parkingmodern hotelfront desk staffreading terminal marketfew blockscentral locationenjoyed my stayflower showking bedupon checkrittenhouse square
Reviewed January 13, 2013

One of the best hotels I've been. Thinking about every little detail, excellent service. Design a modern and unique hotel, the rooms are clean, large and spacious, huge shower and pleasant.
Located opposite the town hall in the city center it's great location, walking distance from anywhere.
Tip: Internet fee but if you join the club you get it free.
Strongly recommend the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed for one night, but the staff was excellent. From the bellmen always getting our doors, to the helpful concierge. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk (Soda?) went above and beyond and surprised us with an upgraded room. It was a great view looking out to city hall! The bed was comfortable, the pillows were amazing. The bathroom was large, with a actual standing shower (not a stupid tub combo). The whole room is pretty chic. The room was quiet, and when we made a housekeeping request, it was delivered in minutes, and with a smile.

The only thing was the shower had some mildew and could use a nice dose of bleach, but I doubt all the rooms are like that given the cleanliness of the rest of the room and hotel.

We had an issue with the heater. We told the concierge when we went out for the night, and he sent an engineer to fix it. Roberto fixed it and left a nice note, and the concierge even remembered the issue the following morning and made sure it was fixed for us. The gym is limited, mostly cardio equipment and some free weights. Some of the TVs on the machines didn't work, but it was very clean.

The restaurant was closed for lunch, so we ate at the bar. The bartender was really friendly and he even gave us some suggestions on things to discover and do in the area. Breakfast in Amuse was good. The waitress was knowledgeable and friendly and catered to all of our requests.

We asked for a late checkout, and they gave us a time even later than we needed. They were helpful to store our bags, and they called a cab for us. All in all, the hotel is really nice, has a great location across from city hall, and we had a great stay, thanks to the amazing staff (sorry I couldn't remember everyone's names).

Room Tip: ask for a view of city hall. the view is worth it, even if you have to pay to upgrade.
1  Thank Derek S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I live outside of Philly and we spend a few weekends a year overnight in the city to "get away" from the crazy of our two toddlers. I have been to just about every hotel and this one is now top on my list. I just had the most perfect birthday weekend, thanks to this fabulous hotel! The architecture was breathtaking as well as the entire vibe of the hotel. The room was extremely comfortable and well decorated, but the thing that really stood out to me was the customer service.

My experience with the other Philly hotels has been with a lot of disenchanted employees who at times are ambivalent, and someone rude. This hotel has consistent genuinely happy staff that appears to really enjoy their jobs and it really translates into a very positive and comforting environment. From the big smiles on the door men to the friendly and kind check in staff and even the manager who generously upgraded our room because it was my birthday.

I cannot say enough about my experience here, it was memorable. I hope that our next visit to Philly will have us staying here again because I can't stop dreaming of the comfortable beds and the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Our room faced city hall and was beautiful at night. I did hear some city noises, but I enjoy them so it didn't bother me. The location of this hotel cannot be beat!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thrillseekers,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I’m delighted we had the opportunity to host you for your birthday getaway. We are grateful to have been able to incorporate a high design style while saving this 100 year old classic building from demolition.

Our associates take great pride in their work and I’m glad you experienced their passion for service excellence. I will share your comments along with my appreciation with everyone on our team.

We look forward to your return and wish you the happiest new year!

Evan

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our three-night stay was excellent. From the bellmen to the front desk clerks, our check in was exceptional. Our room had a perfect view of City Hall, and was modern and comfortable. Though the room was not huge, the decor made it seem more spacious. I only have two complaints. Housekeeping was not as thorough as they should be. The room was clean, but the housekeeping service was not terribly thorough. Also, the refridgerator in the room was filled with snack items; if you remove items, you are automatically charged for such items. Thus, we continued to fill our cooler with ice. That was a bit inconvenient. We travel well prepared and stocked. However, the ice machine and microwave on the floor were clean and efficient.
The location was incredibly convenient to the sites we wanted to see. The Constitution Center, Independence Hall, Reading Terminal Market, The Philadelphia Art Museum, and The Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul were each easily reached via a nice walk. We ate at the Imperial Inn in Chinatown and London Grill near the Art Museum. We also enjoyed the food at Reading Terminal. Now, back to Le Meridien. . . since we stayed on the fifth floor, we had easy access to the gym, business center, and fifth floor lobby. You can pay for Internet access, $10/day, or get it for free in the business center, or log on for free in the lobby then use that access code in your room. We chose the latter.
Philadelphia is a fantastic city for a long-weekend stay; we will return to Le Meridien. It's location is perfect, the staff is helpful, and the decor is interesting.

Room Tip: We liked the fifth floor since we had easy access to the business center, gym, and cool fifth floor lobby.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Traveling on business and found this place easy to locate right off the highway. Restaurant was my favorite part of the hotel experience. Awesome food and service. Rooms were very contemporary in style, bed quite firm, location was excellent. Will return when in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from Elevators
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business