Le Meridien Philadelphia
$179
$166
Agoda.com
1,423 results
All reviewscity hallymca buildinglove parkconvention centersliding doorlobby barvalet parkingmodern hotelfront desk staffreading terminal marketfew blockscentral locationenjoyed my stayflower showking bedupon checkrittenhouse square
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice location, but poor service and room was odd. Specifically, our room had no outside-facing windows, the toilet bowl was at least 6" lower than usual, and the vanity basin was at least 6" higher than usual. Go figure....

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank W S
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

WS,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed our location. Please let me apologize that you were not satisfied with the room itself. I would really appreciate if you would contact me directly so I can personally inspect the room you are referring too. To my knowledge all of our bathroom designs are set at industry standard heights, but certainly would like to be sure everything was built according to plans.

One of the unique qualities this 100 year old architectural treasure offers is many different room floor plans. Our interior rooms overlook the enclosed atrium area. Many of our exterior rooms have great views of City Hall or Love Park. If we are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to serve you again, I would encourage you to book the “superior” room option, as it offers the views you may have desired.

You can reach me via tele at 215.422.8200 or via email at evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com.

Wishing you safe travels through the New Year,
Evan

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Meridien for a wedding. It's hard to believe this is the same company that runs the SLS in Los Angeles, they just don't quite pull it off in Philadelphia. My wife found the room decor depressing and it seemed whenever we asked the front desk a question they had to check with a superior for the answer. The ballroom where the wedding was held and the event was very well done,but it took us 1/2 hour to get our car from valet parking upon leaving,overall I would say they need to do some work to get the service up to par on this location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Worse hotel I ever stayed at and I travel a lot First room had no heat,front desk clueless about everything,waited 45 minutes for valet to bring my car. Another poor soul had been waiting 1 hour for her car. Room was dark,cheap looking and depressing
Never again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Diane S

Diane,
I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please allow me to apologize that we missed the opportunity to earn your respect for our commitment to hospitality.

Please contact me as I would like some details on your stay so that I may ensure this does not happen again to you or any of our future guests.

I can be reached at 215.422.8200 or via email at evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com.
Evan

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I just stayed at Le Meridien for 4 nights before Christmas. I was on the SPG level (10th Floor) and had an outside facing room, but I think my room was the step-child of rooms. I had no ipod dock, the tv was on a stand on the desk taking up half of the whole desk while making the power outlets very hard to reach. The only chair/seat in the entire room was the hard desk chair so when I ordered room service I had no place to sit my tray but the bed and sit on the desk chair. Overall though a wonderful hotel. It was very quiet and great service and staff. The only minor issue was the bathroom mirror was loosing its finish and looking worn.

Room Tip: also beware some of the rooms face the interior glass atrium.....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank disab3476
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife's company reserved some rooms at this hotel for their annual holiday party. We pulled up a little after 2 to the valet parking area. It is not very big, but clearly marked with signs. As we pulled up, their was immediately somebody their to help us unload and take down our information to park the car. They offered assistance with our luggage, however we declined as we were only staying one night and didn't have too much stuff.
As you walk into th lobby, the first thing you notice is the bar. The front desk as actually tucked in the left corner, and we wouldn't have found it if there wasn't someone else to let us know where it was. Check-in was a breeze and there was a concierge around to tell us about the immediate area. You need a room key to get to the floors of the hotel with the guests he rooms, which is a nice touch that makes me feel secure. The elevators face the interior which is this warehouse-like brick face contrasted with the modern decor in the lobby, hallways, and guest rooms. I very much liked the decor of the hotel, with some very modern features, with some older details preserved.
Our room was interior facing, which is something I had not seen in a hotel before. It was very spacious for a city hotel room, though I think the space could have been better apportioned. As you open the front door, the bathroom faces you. To the right is basically a large dead space (except for the closet of the right) before you reach the bed, desk, tv, and night tables. There was one chair by the desk and one other chair for lounging but even though the room had the space for a few visitors, there really wouldn't have been an ideal place to mingle.
The room was clean. The closet lit up high was fun and it had a mini bar. We took a couple of things out of the mini bar to store a couple of bottles of water, and then found a bill under the door for one for one of the things we had removed! Luckily, the front desk took it off without question. The room has central climate control, which meant it was quiet. However, once it reached the temperature you wanted, it would keep going on and off every few seconds, so that became a bit annoying. The bathroom was spacious and had a great mirror for shaving and makeup. The shower had good water pressure and temperature, though the surface at the floor of the shower didn't seem to be as pristine as the rest of the room.
We hung out by the lobby bar a couple of times but did not get a drink. Despite the lobby area not being huge, it did accommodate a good number of people. Our group had arranged breakfast for us the next morning in one of the meeting rooms. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good and they brought us soy milk right away when we requested it. Check-out was also speedy and the valet had our car ready sooner than expected.
Overall our stay was very good. My only complaints were that I found the bed a little firm for my taste and the pillows not very supportive, but we were still able to sleep well. Having an interior facing room made it tough to tell when it was morning due to the lack of natural light. The only other critique is that there was a leftover room service tray with half eaten food tha was sitting in the hall for about 16 hours.

Stayed: December 2012