WINNER WONDERLAND

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #29 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Caledon, Canada
“Great three days in Philly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed at this hotel Nov. 24-28 and we loved it. This hotel was opened just two years ago and is very modern and confortable. Best part is the bar as soon as you walk through the main doors! We had dinner there the one night in front of one of the large fireplaces. The meal was very good as it was a selection of meats and cheeses that you could nibble away at. The location is very convenient as you can walk 20 min east and bel at Independance Hall/Liberty Bell or you could walk 20-30 min west and be at the foot of the Rocky Steps (Museum of Art) or walk 5 min south through City Hall and be in the middle of the shopping/restaurant district. 15 minute subway to get to the sports complex where the professional sports teams play. We are already planning to go back next year as we missed a lot in Philadelphia.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

we stayed at le meridien for a wedding. the room was a bit on the smaller side and the valet parking on the expensive side (as others have mentioned, it was $38/night), but these would be my only minor gripes. the service was excellent and the hotel design is fun - modern and boutique-y. great location in center city - walking distance to chinatown, reading terminal market, walnut street shopping.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Skirt and SuperSuit,

Thank you for the great review. All of our associates appreciate the recognition for their great service. I’m delighted you enjoyed the boutique design of the hotel and our central location.

I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. The parking rate, while perceived as expensive, is competitive with area hotels. There are several lots in the area that offer less expensive (rates vary by day + week) self parking options. The real value in the valet cost is the in and out privileges for your vehicle. If you plan to enjoy the central location and simply park it and leave it throughout the stay, then self park option is worthy of consideration.

Thanks again for the great comments and I hope you enjoy the holiday season!
Evan – General Manager
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I loved this boutique style hotel. I got a good deal at $110 per night and was very impressed with the quality of the linens and pillows, the comfort of the king bed, the amazing shower and great service/staff. The room we had was at the rear of the building so it was very quiet.
They do charge $38/night for parking (common in the city centre) but you can take your car out as many times as you like - the valets were very nice and accommodating. The hotel is close to Love Park and City Hall and within walking distance of Reading Terminal Market and many other attractions,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Yes, this was once the YMCA, but not any more. It has a little bit of DNA from the W line at SPG in the common areas but the hotel is a quiet one. There are great views of the City Hall with Wm. Penn atop and also of the Philadelphia skyline. Amuse, the hotel's restaurant is fairly authentic French Bistro style with hustling staff. We've stayed here multiple times and eaten here by choice. In what probably is America's worst city to have a drink, the bar here serves a solid cocktail at a fair price. PA has better liquor laws than Utah, but generally it's painful to pay for drinks in Philly. One of at least 4 really good SPG properties in various parts of the city.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are exceptionally quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank redanman
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here and was thoroughly unimpressed. Poor check-in experience as the staff had a lot of attitude, which is unusual at SPG properties in my experience. She gave me essentially the worst room in the hotel, I think, and as an SPG platinum member they are supposed to give me a suite if it is available or at least a nicer room. Said they were sold out. When I got to my room the view was literally of a wall. I called SPG and they called the hotel and within about ten minutes a guy showed up at my door with a key for my suite. Somehow, magically, a suite was available when just ten minutes before it was not and she swore they were totally sold out.

Room service was strange. There is no number to call so when I called the operator to ask for room service, she said she could take the order. That was helpful, but odd. Food was unimpressive, and expensive and small for what I ordered.

Staff was completely apathetic at every interaction. I even ran into an upper level management person who asked how my stay was. When I said it wasn't very good he didn't seem interested and followed up with a lame, "well at least that was taken care of" after I told him about something or other that happened.

My friend stayed at the Sheraton around the corner and when he walked into my room said his was much nicer, and he was comparing my suite to his regular room.

The only thing that was great were the doormen. Each was nicer than the next and could not have been more eager to help and sincere.

I will not visit this property again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LA Business Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I do apologize that we failed to deliver a great experience during this visit.

I appreciate your recognizing the door team was sincere and eager to help. Clearly, our manager missed the opportunity to better respond to your feedback, he and I have spoken to ensure that does not happen again. Unfortunately, I do not have enough information on your stay to completely assess our missed expectations. I would greatly appreciate your contacting me with the details of your stay (dates and room number). This would allow me to review the check in and room service order so I can provide appropriate coaching and feedback.

Your SPG loyalty is appreciated and I hope we have the opportunity to have you back as our guest and demonstrate our commitment to excellence.

Please feel free to call me at 215.422.8200 or email me at evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com.

Evan
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went to a wedding at the hotel. Everything from the room to the food and service could not have been better. The architecture was interesting too with the open brick inside. Probably an older building, but so well preserved and modern. Easy walk to the major historical attractions. Parking was a little nuts though - $38 for an overnight. That's my only knock on the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Door men/women were great with assisting with anything you need, hotel staff were great and overall hotel architecture was awesome. My guest room had large windows with views, the bathroom was very large with great shower, lighting and counter space. I tried the restaurant for dinner and the service was the best I have had in a while and food had a great presentation.
I will definitely return to this property next time I am in Philly.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business