“Don't park your car at this hotel”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I used the valet at this hotel, and received my car back with damage in 2 areas, one obviously accidental and one obviously purposeful (mostly likely done using a key). I contacted the hotel management who replied with: we looked the garage videos and we couldn't tell anything. 8 days has elapsed and they have not offered an explanation or remedy!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Ann,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience via TripAdvisor and the direct dialogue you have had with our hotel manager and valet service provider.

A claim has been filed with the valet insurance, I ask for your patience in this process as all insurance companies are very busy with additional Hurricane Sandy claims.

Please feel free to contact me if I can offer any additional support. 215.422.8200.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving,
Evan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,367)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just returned from an amazing weekend celebrating a wedding! The hotel was easy to get to, welcoming, clean, pretty and comfortable. Room was modern and bed was great! Lots of space for families to gather in lounge, bar, lobby to visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Yes... it WAS an old YMCA, but not anymore!! It is a cool, trendy boutique hotel now. The rooms were small but were comfortable. The bathrooms were a good size. The hotel did have its shortcomings. We reserved a King room, only to find out when we checked in that the King rooms do not have bathtubs, which is a must for me. So we had to change to a room with 2 double beds, which was uncomfortable because the beds were too short and cramped for my husband and me.

For business travelers... you'll be happy to know that there is NO SHORTAGE of electrical outlets!! There were 4 built into the top of the TV cabinet plus I saw 3 other easily assessable ones in the room that were not being used by lamps... & I didn't have to move furniture to find these.

We had internet during our stay, but in the evenings it didn't work very well, probably because usage was higher in the evening. It was annoying. Perhaps the hotel should get a few more routers or do something to improve internet service.

The service in this hotel was fantastic. Especially, the doormen and valets. I can't remember being in a hotel where they were so helpful and friendly.

My biggest complaint is as SPG Gold Members, we were given ZERO recognition. We were not put on a high floor, as requested (we were on the 6th which is probably the lowest floor with guest rooms) and we were not put on the SPG Preferred Guest Floor. We were not given a room upgrade either, but of course, that is only when available and I was told that the hotel was sold out for at least one of the nights during our stay.

In spite of all my complaints, I actually loved this hotel. Every time I got off the elevator on our floor I felt I was on a New York City Street Movie Set. It was just amazing. When we come back... I'll be sure to request, in advance, a room with a bathtub (King room, if they actually have any) plus I'll be sure to ask for a room on the SPG floor. Perhaps, if I request early enough, they will honor my request.

Room Tip: We were told that the King Rooms do NOT have bathtubs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sylvia H
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Loved the conveniently central Philadelphia location, tasteful decor and professional staff; We were here for a wedding and hosted the on-site after-wedding brunch in the Abele Library and received many compliments on the food and service; Staff also handled emergencies promptly and efficiently (street blockade due to neighboring building fire emergency upon arrival; and a 4AM fire alarm from a boiler malfunction). Would definitely recomment Le Meridien

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just spent 4 nights here and loved every minute of our stay. We stayed in a deluxe king with a great view of City Hall. The room was very comfortable - with two side chairs and a small table - was very clean, as was the whole hotel. Of special note was the staff - friendly, professional and no request was too much trouble. For example, on a few occasions, the doorman would run a block to the nearest cross street to hail a cab!
The only negatives would be the additional charge for wi-fi and bottled water, although to be fair we were only charged for one of three bottles.

Room Tip: Rooms facing city hall such as 643
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

The location is perfect-- in city center and near Chinatown.
The room is big and clean-- can be seen in the picture I uploaded.
The price is fair-- around $150 per night (tax included)
Service is nice. People are friendly.
Fitness room on the 5th floor.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in October for business. The location was convenient and the staff did an awesome job to offer service and accommodated our teams special requests for the conference we were attending.
The restaurant Amuse Brasserie exceeded our expectations. Our group was surprised by the fresh menu selections and that the Chef offered to adjust the menu for a member of our team who has a gluten allergy.
The only negative were the bed pillows. There should be an option for firmer bed pillows or updated to offer better neck support.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business