“Great Hotel”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were very satisfied with the location and service we received at this hotel. The hotel is conveniently located to the Convention Center and several outstanding restaurants. We appreciated the smaller hotel atmosphere and the amenities provided. The hotel has a very unique appearance and has been renovated to provide very updated experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

995 - 1,001 of 1,387 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is absolutely the place to stay if looking for high end quality in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. Just blocks away from City Hall and the Reading Market; and just a short walk away from all other major attractions in Philadelphia. As a frequent business traveler, this is my favorite place to stay in Philly. It gives provides me with a great location to walk around and visit the city after my work is done. The hotel itself is a beautifully renovated older building which as been immaculately restored as a chic place. The lobby bar is fantastic--food, service, drink all top notch. The staff itself is outstanding, beginning from the responsive, polite, and friendly bellmen who will lead you to the front desk (just around the corner to your left) as you arrive. The cocktail mixers and appetizers in the bar are a perfect way to end your day. Philadelphia is a great city to walk about in the early evening, no bad hoods -- just a great city, with a good vibe, and friendly people. (I am not from Philadelphia, this is my take from a visitor from Baltimore -- go O's). If you are going to stay a few nights (or only one), make le meridien your choice hotel. You will not be disapointed. (unlike the Sonesta, the former Crowne Plaza, which i just stayed at. read my review on that place and avoid!)

Room Tip: each room is a novelty, each experience has been a delight!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

You can't beat the location for court-related business. Bell staff and front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Bar and restaurant staff a bit self-important.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here for a couple days prior to 4th of July. The location is in the middle of city center and is walking distance to the Reading Terminal, Chinatown, and shops. Clean modern hotel, and their hallways are unique with the "indoor" building look (you feel as if you're outside almost when you step out of the elevator to your room floor). They were immediately able to provide me a free toothbrush (with toothpaste) when I realized I forgot to bring mine. If you're staying with other people - beware of the bathroom door. It is a sliding door and doesn't really lock or close cleanly so if you're uncomfortable with sharing a bathroom with other people... O__O
Our window view was iffy - the window was obstructed by this huge concrete decorative railing so we could barely see anything out the window. We were on the 9th floor - I think it would have been better if you can select another floor since that "decorative railing" only seems to be on the 9th floor.
All standard amenities. You do have to pay for WIFI though and there is valet service for a fee. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I often judge a hotel not only on the hotel itself (because you can often find a nice room at any 4 star), but how special they make me feel while I am there. The hotel is this trendy hip scene inside of this old beautiful YMCA building with divine wood architecture. The rooms are trendy--but I can imagine if you don't have the suite, they might be small. Ask for an exterior room, or else your view will face the interior part of the building. The parking is really expensive. I think about $43 a day--so we parked two blocks away for $10 a day. Be super careful of parking in Philly now---I heard more horror stories on my 3 days trip about cars getting towed for small parking snafu's. The front desk staff was just the epitome of wonderful--Bree, Maurice and one other young lady whose name escapes me were so warm, friendly, professional and fun to talk to. They upgraded us to a suite for free because they had one available. They gave us great recommendations on where to go to eat! I highly recommend the Parc restaurant--fabulous food--get a two top table outside that overlooks Riitenhouse Square for a serene dinner with great people watching--hats off to the concierge as well for some great advice with going to brunch at Sabrina's in the Italian Market--highly recommend the meatloaf sandwich--incredible! If you have never been to Philly, make sure you tour Independence Hall (chills up your spine when you realize you are standing in the place our Constitution was signed, the Liberty Bell, City Hall does an awesome tour for $10 at noon--but sign up early in the day for it--and you get to go to the top of the Clock Tower and stand under William Penn's feet. Be a tourist and spend the $27 to go on a bus tour with the Philly Tour Bus Co--if you don't know the city well..it will drive you past every major museum (which there are so many I stopped counting)...and generally the tour guide will entertain you with wonderful stories. Get a burger late night a Pub and Kitchen (so so tasty and I am a burger snob)...if you are staying at this hotel, take a short walk to the Reading Terminal--great Philly Cheese Steak sandwich (don't waste the cab money--we went and did a 3 stop tour of all the touristy places in the Italian Mkts--Geno's (not my thing), Pats (pretty tasty) and some other place--and the one at Reading Terminal was awesome and $10 closer than the cab to the Italian Mkt--plus, they have a virtual farmer's mkt, seafood mkt, ice cream and chocolate extravaganza going on in there until 6pm daily-- also check out the Twisted Tail for dinner--free band upstairs and great food--and lastly the Village Whisky--great place for a good burger (not Pub N Kitchen great--but good)...We really had a fantastic time and I think this might be one of my new favorite cities! Viva la Constitution and Le Meridien--Oh and I almost forgot--got all the way home--realized I left my expensive Sonicare Toothbrush and the very kind Betsy (housekeeping manager) mailed it back to me free of charge (b/c of my Starwood Preferred Guest status). It was that kind gesture that
reminded me to get on TA and write my review of my great stay at LeMeridien and Philly. It's the little things that count!

Room Tip: Request an exterior view--7-10 floors high--try to get a view on the South and East Side of the Hote...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chicago60614
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed in Le Meridien Philadelphia in May 2012. The hotel has a lovely lobby and check-in area, and the decor of my room on the 5th floor was quite nice (as was the view). I was able to check into my room early and was allowed late check out on Sunday. Every employee I encountered was friendly and helpful. The breakfast/restaurant space is well done though the food is not very good - even by hotel food standards.

The Center CIty location is convenient for exploring the city; however, during the week, the federal and state buildings around the hotel attract a less than ideal crowd.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The location is convenient, albeit a little odd if you are not familiar with the city. The lobby is great - like a more elegant W - and the rooms are clean, spacious and quiet. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business