Le Meridien Philadelphia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$197
$197
$234
$219
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$167
$234
$208
$199
$329
  • Room Service
1,410 results
All reviewscity hallymca buildinglove parkconvention centersliding doorlobby barvalet parkingmodern hotelfront desk staffreading terminal marketfew blockscentral locationenjoyed my stayflower showking bedupon checkrittenhouse square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We had a great time in Philadelphia. The hotel is very close to Reading Terminal market. Can be danerous if you love sweets. Escpecially the Amish pretzels. Checking in and out was a breeze, getting our bag from the concierege though was another story. It took over an hour to have our bag sent up to the room. Not that we needed anything from it at the time, but we didn't want to stay in the room as we only had a view of other rooms in the hotel. You'll see what I mean if you get in interior room. Keep both sets of shades closed cause you can see everything. We walked to E.S.P. about 1.5 miles one way. It's an easy walk. Keep in mind if you are there on a weekday, the court is next door and there can be a lot of shady characters hanging around outside.

Overall, we would stay in the same location. Also, it was easy to get there from the airport.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Great rooms!
Grear location.
Wonderful hotel.
My wife and I loved it, we would definetlyreturn to this hotel and to Philly.!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Went to bro in law's wedding here, had a great time. The hotel did a fantastic job with the wedding, really beautiful. Our room was really nice and quiet, comfortable. They accommodated me with a feather free room. My mother in law was overcharged on her bill for some room service she didn't get, but the staff removed the charges no problem.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank exchelente
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed at the Le Meridien Philadelphia this past weekend while attending the Philadelphia marathon. As an avid Starwood junky, I have never stayed at this particular hotel and was surprised.

The hotel is a mix of grandeur and W combined - but brighter and more spacious than the typical W. The staff was excellent and the hotel restaurant was a huge surprise. Incredible meal - I recommend the steak frites!

Room Tip: Request a room on the inside of the hotel to reduce street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed in this interesting hotel one night - the night before my husband ran the Philly marathon. We were in the room only to sleep, so that may color my review somewhat.

I agree wholeheartedly with all the positives people have heaped on this place -- the location is perfect, decor is very interesting (bare bones modern) and the front desk staff was excellent. Checked in early, secured a late checkout for Sunday (for the marathon runners). All was good.

We paid $200 for the room on AAA website -- about half what you would expect to pay. HOWEVER -- we got a very small room (didn't matter; sleeping only) and it overlooked a horrible back alley. Oh, well...

The next day, we left at 5 a.m. for the race, not checking out. We intended to be finished with the race by 11 a.m., go back to the hotel, and enjoy two hours in that great bed before leaving for our 1-hour ride back to Jersey.

Things did not go as planned at the race, and I had to call ahead to ensure that we were okay checking out a half-hour later than what we were given. Again -- staff was excellent and accommodating.

We drove up in front; husband kept the car idling while I rushed upstairs, threw everything left behind in the suitcase, flew to the desk and checked out.

When we got home later that day I realized i left behind a pewter necklace (inexpensive but sentimental) AND my husband's phone charger.

I called the hotel; they called me back in 5 minutes to say that housekeeping had found both things. Yay!

I asked if they could just throw them both in a manilla envelope or padded mailer as we, of course, were not going to drive another two hours round trip to retrieve the items.

If I am wrong on this, please tell me: As I ever never left items behind in a hotel, I assumed for $200 or whatever price you paid, it would be no big deal to throw things in an envelope, or small box, throw $4 of postage on it, and send it back. If I am wrong, again, please let me know.

The person we NOW spoke with said that was unacceptable. She did not come right out and say it, but her silences and pauses made me think she was assuming I was coming BACK to get these two items. Two hour drive!

To make it short: we agreed that she would put them in the mail and charge my credit card on file for postage. Then she said quickly that they would be FEDEXING them and charge it to my card.

I am anxious and interested to see what will be charged to my card. And I never asked for FedEx.

I am just curious: when you spend big money at a luxury hotel, should you expect that left-behind items mailed to you at gratis? Or did they handle it properly?

Other than that, we would have assuredly come back to this place. We normally when visiting Philly for a weekend stay to visit our son in college, opt for either the Hampton or Travel Lodge over by the Convention center -- both lovely little hotels, about $50 cheaper than Le Meridien -- but these two were booked solid for marathon weekend.

Again -- it's interesting the things that sour you on a place. For some reason, the actions of this one staffer blew our entire experience.

Oh -- and this was kind of interesting. At checkout they tried to charge us for items consumed from the mini bar -- but believe me, when you see the prices for any of the things in there, you will steer clear. I explained patiently that we had had nothing out of the mini bar, but had certainly picked some items up and played "Guess what this costs!" The front desk explained that when items are MOVED a sensor goes off...my husband and I got a good laugh at that. If you MOVE their peanuts they charge you? Ha ha. The charge was graciously removed from our bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from that alley -- good luck.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business