“How do they stay open!”
Review of Octo Waterfront Grille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Octo Waterfront Grille
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Three of us went 9/2/10 and arrived around happy hour time. 6:30 PM. Only staff was there. Went in anyway and sat at the bar. Two mojitos and a beer for the first round. The beer had never hit the ice and the mojitos tasted like whiskey sours. The beer was replaced with a cold one. We paid for round one and sat for about another 30 minutes and our bartender never came back to ask if we wanted another round. We were still the only other patrons. We had planned to have several rounds at the bar and then get a table and have dinner and spend the rest of the evening there. We left and went somewhere else for the evening. What a bummer. The location is great but it doesnt seem like it is an operating business. I doubt it will be there next season.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

Beautiful location right on the pier with private boat docks, nice breeze off the water, cold beer - what could go wrong?

Lots. Bartender was friendly but extremely slow. First day on job? Then dinner. Seemed like everyone there started that day. We actually had to teach the waiter how to open a bottle of wine!!! One bottle was literally above 100F. They had no conception on how to wait on tables. Management must be asleep at the wheel if they allow this kind of service. Is this place ready to close?

The bright spot was the food. For the most part the food was well prepared although one person's lobster was over-peppered. The crab cakes I had were delicious. Appetizers were average - nothing over the top.

You can tell this place is going no where by how many people were there for dinner and entertainment. The place was literally empty on a Thursday night in summer at 10pm. There are 1500 restaurants in Philly willing to give you great food and great service. Don't bother with this one.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was extremely disappointed in this restaurant.
My husband and I took my 14 year old niece for dinner. The music, which was club music was extremely loud. Had it been 9 or 10pm, then the atmosphere would be great, but to try and have dinner at 7pm with music blairing was rather difficult. The food was average at best. Some of the food items tried were steamed mussels, steamed clams, crab cake appetizer, and chilled seafood platter.
The service was why I would not return to this restaurant for dinner. We waited 1 1/2 hours for our entrees, which were 2 crab cake appetizers, and a chilled seafood plate. During the 1 1/2 wait, our waitress never came back to ask us if we needed anything or to fill our waters. I did not complain at that time, because my niece was visiting from out of town and we wanted her visit to be enjoyable. There are much better restaurants in the city for that price. The bill was $115 for 3 people with no alcohol, not including tip.
On the positive side, the atmosphere was great and seemed like a fun place to hang out with friends, have some drinks, and listen to a band. I wouldn't go back there for dinner, however.