“Vegetarian Heaven”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 16th Street between Walnut and Locust
Transit: SEPTA and PATCO.
Description: Mi Lah Vegetarian opened its door in October 2008 and proudly serves local, seasonal vegetables, forward vegetarian and vegan food. "Mi Lah" originates from the Indian Buddhist (Maitreya) word that denotes nature, harmony, happiness, kindness, and mercy and we strive to embody these principles through our work. We aim to fill the need for healthy, whole and delicious vegetarian cuisine in our neighbourhood as well as to be a friendly and active members of our community. Our menu features fruits and vegetables from local farms instead of heavy sauce and substitutions. We use the finest and freshest ingredients to offer an international array of dishes fit to impress the most sophisticated vegetarian palate.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

What an absolute find! If you are a vegetarian (or just plain interested in good food) then I really would recommend this place. As a veggie of over 20 years I have had bad and good experiences of vegetarian restaurants and this is one of the best. Portions are generous and fresh. No room even for dessert!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stopped in on a biz trip through Philly. The place was crowded (always a good sign). I was surprised at the different items on the menu from most other Thai restaurants I've visited.

The food was delicious, satisfying and affordable. The service was prompt and friendly.

Definitely worth going there multiple times.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

To enter this intimate restaurant, find the unassuming awning on the west side of 16th Street, on the second block south of Walnut. The downstairs has only a few tables and no pretense. The menu is unconventional; inventive without being contrived. We soon lost ourselves in the meal, enjoying both the food and the conversation. I had a dish with a delicate cashew sauce. I spent my eating time avidly sopping it up with one or another of the other fresh and gently sweetened items on the plate.

1  Thank indoorcampers
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my second visit to Milah's. They really know how to satisfy the Vegan tastes. I will certainly look forward to eating here the next time I visit Philadelphia.

1  Thank jmackin363
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Admittedly the ambience is somewhat cramped & drab, but the $12 veggie omelet w/ three choices of fillings (veggie bacon/sausage, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, etc.), served w/ crunchy sweet potato nuggets, toast & homemade red bliss, an almost sweet homemade jam, was hot & very good. Other creative tempting brunch entrees included pumpkin pancakes & scrambled tofu w/ veggies; the complimentary plate of fresh fruit, served while you wait for your order, is a refreshing touch.

Sorry to report, however, the ladies' bathroom could have been cleaner & the taped music was too loud & jarring.

1  Thank Herstory_62