“So Good An Omnivore Would Love It Too!”
Review of MiLah Vegetarian Restaurant - CLOSED

MiLah Vegetarian Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 16th Street between Walnut and Locust
Transit: SEPTA and PATCO.
Description: Mi Lah Vegetarian opened its door in October 2008 and proudly serves local, seasonal vegetables, forward vegetarian and vegan food. "Mi Lah" originates from the Indian Buddhist (Maitreya) word that denotes nature, harmony, happiness, kindness, and mercy and we strive to embody these principles through our work. We aim to fill the need for healthy, whole and delicious vegetarian cuisine in our neighbourhood as well as to be a friendly and active members of our community. Our menu features fruits and vegetables from local farms instead of heavy sauce and substitutions. We use the finest and freshest ingredients to offer an international array of dishes fit to impress the most sophisticated vegetarian palate.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my second visit to Milah's. They really know how to satisfy the Vegan tastes. I will certainly look forward to eating here the next time I visit Philadelphia.

1  Thank jmackin363

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Admittedly the ambience is somewhat cramped & drab, but the $12 veggie omelet w/ three choices of fillings (veggie bacon/sausage, tomatoes, onions, red peppers, etc.), served w/ crunchy sweet potato nuggets, toast & homemade red bliss, an almost sweet homemade jam, was hot & very good. Other creative tempting brunch entrees included pumpkin pancakes & scrambled tofu w/ veggies; the complimentary plate of fresh fruit, served while you wait for your order, is a refreshing touch.

Sorry to report, however, the ladies' bathroom could have been cleaner & the taped music was too loud & jarring.

1  Thank Herstory_62
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

A family member had eaten here and raved about the tofu in wine sauce. We came on a very rainy Friday night. Looking at the place, it looks like an inexpensive oriental restaurant, however it is completely vegan.
Each dish is carefully designed and prepared. I had seitan, which was served with a wonderful sauce, and on top of a corn pancake. My companion again had the tofu in wine sauce.

Everything was wonderful, even for non vegetarians/vegans.

Check out the menu!

2  Thank Rhapsodyinblue
Reviewed February 24, 2014

OMG - what a great dinner. A few things before I start my review:
1. We have traveled to Asia twice and love the food and the people.
2. I am a vegan.
3. My husband is not a vegan.
4. We LOVED Mi Lah.
We had planned to go here for about a year and FINALLY did and I'm so glad. Cannot wait to go back. It's a small place - but warm and comfortable. There are about 10 tables downstairs and more upstairs. We made a reservation for 5pm on a Saturday and were were NOT the only table seated for dinner that early.

I loved that the menu reads "all menu options are vegan." What a relief! I loved not having to ask if items are made with dairy.

Service was friendly and food was served quickly.

To start, I had a soup and my husband a salad. Both were spicy! Yum. We also had the Asian rolls and the ravioli. Loved them both. The Asian rolls were just like those we had in Vietnam and my husband already declared he is getting the ravioli again next time. For entrees, he had the pad thai and I had the Cambodian amok, one of my favorites from our visit to Cambodia. It did NOT disappoint. The flavors were right on.

There are so many choices on the menu, I see us going back many times so we can try them all.

1  Thank smep013
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fresh, delicious, artfully-presented dishes seem to be the norm at MiLah. We ordered four appetizers in lieu of entrees because everything sounded so good. We enjoyed the grilled portebello mushrooms over roasted beets topped with brussel sprouts and grilled asparagus spears, caramelized tofu and cauliflour with pistachio sauce, Asian rice paper rolls with fresh basil and sesame sauce, and sweet potatoes cakes with cabbage and crushed peanuts salad. Every dish was delicious. The portions are large; nearly every table left with a take-home bag.

There were 2 busy servers and a third kitchen runner all of whom offered stellar service and a friendly demeanor. We brought a bottle of wine with us; there is not corkage fee. What a find in Rittenhouse Square! Can’t wait to return.

1  Thank pdecre