“First time great food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had the large pork with sharp cheese and spinach. Pork was cooked perfect and that sharp cheese just put it over the top. Gooood!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is nothing to look at and is basically a jacked up luncheonette. You are not going here for the ambiance or people watching but the food.

They have a whole lot of items but DO NOT deviate from the plan...large roast pork with aged provolone. I had theirs' with spinach but prefer Philly pork sandos with rapini like served at DiNic's in the Reading Terminal Market, both places are outstanding but I wanted to give John's a try and glad I did.

However, DiNic's is centrally located in town and walkable. John's was a $20 cab ride both ways from the museum district but if you are in the area then John's is the hot tip, if in center city, DiNic's is your joint.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We visited John's Roast Pork after seeing it featured on television. My husband and I split a steak sandwich and a pork sandwich (and took lots of food home.) We both agreed that the cheese steak was the best we have had and we've sampled all the hots spots in Philly. The steak is obviously a good quality cut. We had American cheese (they also have provolone and sharp provolone) and it is cooked to perfection served on a very good roll. The pork sandwich is sliced pork which was also very good topped with sharp provolone and banana peppers. However, it doesn't come close to DiNic's pulled pork sandwich. We would definitely return and just order the cheese steaks. This is basically a take-out restaurant with a few picnic tables outside and parking can be dicey.

1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Omg on our trip to Philly to attend our sons indoor foot ball game ! The Washington Eagles League in which they did Win !!! Not only was it a great day at the game , but when my husband looked up a place for us to eat , to my surprise we had another WIN , this place is truly the BEST I enjoyed our food sooo much and the service was OUTSTANDING !! This is our new spot when we come to Philly , JOHNS'S ROAST PORK you got our Vote for the best in town HANDS DOWN!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS !! SEE YA SOON !!! WELL WORTH THE TRIP FROM WASHINGTON DC !!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

It's a little out of the way, but it was really worth it! We ordered the cheesesteak with onions and american cheese with a side order of fries. Fantastic!