“Best roast pork sandwich in Philly!”
Review of John's Roast Pork

John's Roast Pork
Ranked #39 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Philly
“Best roast pork sandwich in Philly!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went with a friend from work. He had a cheesesteak. Said it was one of the top five he has had. I had the roast pork sandwich. Best sandwich I have had. What else can you say?

• Visited September 2013

“Best Cheese Steak”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Came to Philly to visit. Obviously had to try the cheese steaks. This place does live up to its name on the internet! Very upbeat! Very busy, obviously know why. But make sure you know your before hand. Kinda hard being first time visitors. Very good food though.

• Visited September 2013
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Succulent steaks!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

It was a rainy day on our visit to John's, but the hot and fresh Philly Steak sandwich brightened my day! My son and I ordered cheese steaks wit (how you say it in South Philly) provolone and onions. We added mayo and ketchup outside at the self-service bar area. Yum and yum again! I barely finished my sandwich as it was very filling.
A tour guide I overheard on Independence Mall was telling a visitor that the best cheesesteaks were right around the mall area, and that Gino's and Pat's weren't worth the drive. I piped in that John's was the place to go, and he responded that only if you were drunk would you eat at John's. Don't know what he was talking about, because this was one of the best cheesesteaks I have ever had!

• Visited August 2013
Petaluma, California
“Clean fresh ingredients a good cheesesteak make.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Wish we had also tried the pork, but who knows when the next opportunity to have another cheesesteak in Philly will come again. This place is located in a questionable part of town just like any good bbq joint. There's an abandoned dilapidated building right across the street, but the outside picnic tables (only seating) are full of people from all walks of life. We ordered regular cheesesteaks (steak, provolone cheese, and onions). If I had another chance, I'd put peppers/sweet peppers on it as well. The best part about these sandwiches is the quality of the ingredients, which make for a clean fresh tasting cheesesteak...something often missing from such a beefy sandwich. Comes on a sesame roll, not sure if they have options.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia
“Try the Original”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you are reading this and visiting Philly and looking for the best cheese steak experience - John's roast pork is it! An Italian roast pork sandwich was the precursor to the cheese steak and somehow evolved into it. In the heart of South Philly (where I live), roast pork is still THE sandwich. And you've got to order it with Broccoli Rabe and Sharp Provolone (even if you don't know what I'm talking about - just order it - you'll see). And John's is THE BEST IN THE CITY!!!! (and I've had my share)

• Visited July 2013