“Great Exercise and Sites.”

Benjamin Franklin Bridge
Book In Advance
More Info
$18.75*
and up
Old City Walking Tour in Philadelphia
Ranked #78 of 438 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest single span suspension bridge in the world, at 1.8 miles, is brilliantly illuminated at night, with every single cable aglow.
Topeka, Kansas
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Exercise and Sites.”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was staying in Philadelphia and decided I wanted to visit New Jersey just for the sake of saying I've been there. Since I didn't have a car, I decided to walk across this bridge. It is great exercise and you have a great view of the city and river. Fair warning: a train runs below the sidewalk, so when a train passes under, the walkway shakes a bit. It won't make you feel like you are about to fall, but it is a spooky feeling if you are not prepared for it!

Union City, New Jersey
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A long bridge”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

First of all let me say that we drove over this bridge to see how long a walk it would be and passed on the idea of walking as it is a good long walk. The walkway also appears to head up, way up and I am not too good with heights so driving over was enough. The bridge itself is free heading out of Philadelphia and $5 coming back in and if you want some information pay cash and ask the toll operator, we did and the toll operator actually took the time to give us a map and spend a few minuets telling us about Philadelphia and giving us easy directions to our next location. The customer service alone was worth the $5 - definitely worth a drive over at the least

Yeovil, United Kingdom
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“It's a bridge but it's a nice one”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We passed by it from New Jersey to Philadelphia . It's just a bridge but I would say its painted well and has got a nice view.

1 Thank rosievil
Centereach, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Took it by car and by train”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Take the PATCO train from Jersey, it has nice views or you can even bike the bridge or walk - a wonderful experience.

Visited April 2014
Bellevue, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Gotta see it for yourself”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I been traveling this bridge since I was a kid. It's the quickest way to get to Philly from the south Camden side. I never walked the bridge but someday maybe I will. I can't say I love it but I also can't say I hate. I,m glad it's there, makes the commute to Philly a quicky.

Visited August 2013