“Would Have Been Better in Warm Weather”
Review of Philadelphia Zoo

Ranked #22 of 462 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Situated on 42 acres of beautiful gardens, the Philadelphia Zoo, America's first zoo, is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Polar bears, African lions, Amur tigers, a white rhino, giraffes and more call this oasis home. As Philadelphia's leading cultural destination the Zoo boasts award-winning exhibits such as First Niagara Big Cats Falls, McNeil Avian Center, and PECO Primate Reserve.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Don't get me wrong, the zoo is really great! Even in the cold weather, the animals could be seen in their indoor winter areas. The zoo is doing a lot of work and the interaction available for children and education is great! Zoo Keepers gave us personal walk through tours of the exhibits they were a part of and were very knowledgable. I would go back all the time if I lived here.

1  Thank RangersFan1980

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Like many moms in the area, I long awaited adding a new indoor winter resource to get me and my little ones through the winter blues. After many visits to KidZooU, we're bored. The space it self is beautiful, but they really need to start offering members a reason to return again. A mommy and me class for my 2 year old? Or a program where I can drop my 4 year old off for a few hours of zoo learning? I'll keep asking each time I visit.

4  Thank Mamabear M
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I loved going to this zoo as a kid, and I still go to this day. They have so many different animals and different attractions that the entire family can do. Between the wild peacocks walking freely around the zoo, there are hot air balloon rides, a thorough gift shop, virtual safari tours, and many many more exhibits. I recommend going on a sunny warm day, that way you and the family can see everything! Enjoy!.

2  Thank Soul_Man2015
Reviewed January 3, 2014

During my visit, there were couples of peacock were out from cage and they walked around in the zoo! this is amazing to see them in such a short distance. You can find many exotic animals in this zoo. definitely suitable for family or friends or even solo.
Even though some food stall is not open in winter but they have wending machine which is kinda helpful. Visit it and you will not regret.

3  Thank Phoena
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a lovely zoo, Location is not too bad, situated a little outside of the town, but that seems to the norm for City Zoo's, parking was on one side of the zoo, area semmed a bit ran down, Once in the Zoo it really was like entering into a different world, The animals where well cared for, they had lovely enclosures, and there was a great variety of animals, Myself and my Partner visited this zoo and would go back as we both enjoyed it,

1  Thank Lanadel