“Had a nice time at Philadelphia Zoo”
Review of Philadelphia Zoo

Ranked #23 of 462 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Situated on 42 acres of beautiful gardens, the Philadelphia Zoo, America's first zoo, is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. Polar bears, African lions, Amur tigers, a white rhino, giraffes and more call this oasis home. As Philadelphia's leading cultural destination the Zoo boasts award-winning exhibits such as First Niagara Big Cats Falls, McNeil Avian Center, and PECO Primate Reserve.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed the variety of animals living in the zoo. Everything from giraffes to tigers, frogs and polar bears.

1  Thank Lars W

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This family targeted historic zoo was fantastic! I took my adult children along with the grandchildren in May. The later part of spring was our choice only thinking of the weather. What I did not think of was that love was still very much in the air!! The only thing that was not planned was the birds & bees talk my son had to have periodically with his little ones. The zoo was clean, the staff pleasant, the animals were happy and well cared for. Take your family out for a fun day. Who knows you may learn a thing or two as well?

1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed visiting this zoo as it had a great variety of animals. My only complaint was they did not specify which type of giraffes or zebras they had at the zoo. I have been on safari in Africa and know what I am looking for when I visit a zoo. I have to admit it seemed very strange they were not more specific in identifying the animals. Thankfully I knew which type of giraffes and zebras they had.

1  Thank Lovetotravel8653
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This zoo is very high priced considering the number of animals there, and the high prices for parking, food and animal rides. The animals at the rides look very dirty. There are not enough zoo staff around to ask questions about the animals and or the exhibits. They are not trained well about the whereabouts of the animal exhibits, restroom or even exits! For example, when we asked about the closest restroom, although there was one just behind the tiger terrace where we were standing, she told us to go to the kidzoo which is further away.

You feel that you are there to just spend the money rather than enjoying the zoo. There should have been a free tram to go around for the price you pay. I don't feel excited to go there again anytime soon.

2  Thank amynaadi1
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My sister and I took her four children to the Philly Zoo. It was a great day! We stayed for 2.5 hours and saw nearly all of the animals, the kids were getting tired though so we needed to go. The zoo is very clean, signs mark the direction to see various animals, and there were staff providing interesting demos.

1  Thank katietortola