“Forgot my White Turtle Neck”

University of Pennsylvania
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
Philadelphia's Beyond the Cheesesteak Walking Tour Including Penn and Drexel
Ranked #29 of 463 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: This Ivy League institution counts, among its founders, Ben Franklin.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Penn's campus is indeed an urban oasis in West Philadelphia. (I was born nearby so I might be a little prejudiced). Lots of interesting shops and restaurants in the area. Bring your white turtle necked shirt to wear (man or woman) under ANY other clothing!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Because it's on the other side of the river people may be tend to choose other attractions but I think it's very much worth the trip. We took our bikes on a Sunday and cycled and walked around on the grounds. After going west on Spruce (the Quadrangle is a great building) we took the Locust Walk back east. The lush green park environment with the beautiful university buildings really makes it a romantic, urban oasis. And after you visited the nice stadium Franklin Field take the pedestrian bridge on the northeast corner. It gives you a nice view on the skyline of Philly

Reviewed September 13, 2012

On my way to Maryland to visit family I spotted the University and the T station.....the area around the campus is beautiful. The T station is smaller then Boston and New York but the people there were very nice. The Amtrak staff members that helped me get to Arberdeen were on point.....I'll be back!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Beautiful campus with plenty of food options all around. There were plenty of food trucks around campus and, while we were hesitant to try street food, we thought we had to try one. We stumbled upon Bui's Lunch Truck, on 38th and Spruce?, and were glad we did. Their cheesesteak with Bui Sauce was YUMMY! Too bad we don't live closer --or maybe it's a good thing for my waistline!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were at the Hospital and wow, what a great place. The staff and doctors were all very helpful and supportive. We got great care and they took our insurance, even though they typically didn't accept it. I really appreciated how they seemed to go out of their way to help our family. While I hope my son is no longer in need of their services, if he ever has to go back, I am positive he will get great care.