“walnut theatre”

Walnut Street Theatre
Ranked #37 of 469 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest theater in America, and one of the most prolific.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Nice theatre but it is in the city. I do not feel comfortable walking around the city at night and parking is very expensive. The show we saw was good but they not offered anything since then that make me venture into the city.

1  Thank MomMomB70
"intermission"
in 10 reviews
"barrymore"

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am always impressed by the Walnut Street Theatre! The plays and musicals that I have seen there are always professionally done and feature an excellent cast. Even shows that I have seen many times before seem new and fresh. The theatre is in a convenient location with parking and plenty of great restaurants nearby.

On a personal note, I have never before experienced a venue run by such friendly, caring and considerate people as the ones at Walnut Street. My elderly parents have been members for years, and it has very comfortable for them to attend performances, and for me to drive them this year. The theatre is very handicapped accessible, and the staff has been so kind and helpful. That is one of the reasons we decided to become members ourselves next year, with the help of the sales department that located seats for us very close to my parents. Of course, the main reason is the excellent quality of the shows we have seen including "A Streetcar Named Desire", "Miss Saigon", and "Music Man". We are looking forward to next season! Thank you Walnut Street Theatre!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Of grease. Took my 16 year old daughter and her friend. First time at walnut. As a New Yorker, I was impressed by the cast and the accoustics of this historical venue. Interior bland, seating a bit tight, but the show was great and you feel very close to the action. Great to be surrounded by such a storied history.

1  Thank ct3408
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I took a walking tour of Philadelphia and saw a poster advertising the theatre while we were visiting the Italian Market. The play was "Dino" a evening with Dean Martin.