“Completely enjoyable visit”

Walnut Street Theatre
Ranked #37 of 469 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest theater in America, and one of the most prolific.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I took a walking tour of Philadelphia and saw a poster advertising the theatre while we were visiting the Italian Market. The play was "Dino" a evening with Dean Martin.

All reviews
"intermission"
in 10 reviews
"barrymore"

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My daughter took me to see Grease for a belated Mother's Day treat. I love old architecture and this theater has plenty of history. We were in the back in the second level but could see and hear everything. If I was a resident of Philadelphia I would be a subscriber, great little theater with plenty to offer.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

You can't come to Philly and not get some tickets to see a show at the Walnut Street Theatre, America's most subscribed theatre. They have a great line up on the mainstage from musicals to plays. I've enjoyed every show i've been to and am an annual subscriber!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Watch for a show that appeals to you and enjoy the comfort of this theatre and the fine theatrical productions!!!!! Location is just a few blocks north of Independence Hall/Mall area!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sisters and I purchase a subscription at Walnut Street Theatre each season that allows us to see 5 shows. We use this as a girls night out. We have dinner in Center City and then see our show. The theatre is beautiful, the seating is comfortable and the shows are very well done. The staging is one of my favorite aspects. It changes constantly and is fascinating with each performance. The actors are all very professional and do an excellent job.
We love the Walnut Street Theatre and enjoy our nights together. The price of the subscription is only about $200 per person and we get to see 5 Broadway shows. I don't think you can beat that.