“Dissappointment”

and up
Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour
Ranked #353 of 465 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: A section of Pine Street filled with small delightful antique shops.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Out of towner visited the Antique Row with money in hand. My first impression, which is what is all about, were dealers were rude, unwelcoming. Asked one dealer about an item and response was rude, like I should have ALREADY known the answer. And another dealer last thing to say to me after telling me to leave the store because she was too busy was "we would like you do that [leave]." What happened to sorry!? Or hope you can return, here is my card, etc. I felt like I was a burden to them. No wonder that location is going down hill. They FORGOT why they are there.

For travelers reading this..my recommendation to avoid is to visit Old City. While the dealers are few, they welcomed me, told me they would ship out of town, asked about my home, what I am looking for, etc. Now that is a nice experience. Go to Old City.

10  Thank John I

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Unfortunately the antique shops on Pine Street aren't what they were 10+ years ago. In fact, you'll have to look hard to actually find any real antiques. Shops and wares vary. An interesting people watching stroll in good weather.

3  Thank businesstraveler2031
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Many antiques dealers have shut shop these days but a handful still remain. Great place to browse or buy. I especially like Blendo, a not-strictly-Antique store at the corner of 10th & Pine offering some old and new tchotchkes at reasonable prices...

2  Thank Jim_Naughton
Reviewed April 9, 2012

You can easily visit Antique Row and South Street on foot during the same outing. Lots of beautiful shops and interesting window gazing. Especially nice is The Spirit of the Artist, which carries only American, handmade work in a wide range of media--gorgeous wood carvings, pottery, glass, jewelry. Loved it. www.sotagifts.com

2  Thank viageira