Check in was great. Staff was very nice. we were there during thanksgiving so breakfast was overcrowded.They have a shuttle which we used to go downtown for some shopping. The view was awesome.
The Not so Good
I hated the parking fees ($25/night) and the layout of the parking lot, you have to turn into the main street to come into the parking lot, which had an awkwardly placed ticket dispenser, and then when you are leaving you have to get the attention of the attendant who is way on the other side......to let you out....all for a fee....
The heat in the room was not consistent. It would get really hot (even when set on low and then cool off drastically. It was very hard to be comfortable. To their credit, the woman at checkout asked about our stay and when i advised her of the heat problem, she said we should have reported it and we would have been placed in another room.
Overall I would stay again. It was a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn