After driving for over 5 hours, we were exhausted and relieved when we finally arrived at this Holiday Inn Express late on a Friday night. My husband went to find parking while I went into the hotel first with my young son to check in. As soon as we walked in to the lobby, we were greeted by loud country music and women in skimpy dresses. There were two check-in staff on duty - a female and male. Both were engrossed in chatting with the women in the skimpy dresses. The women in the skimpy dresses saw us waiting to check in and moved away from the counter. The female staff ignored me so I walked up to the male staff at the counter. He asked for my photo ID and credit card and then rushed through the check-in process; handing me the room keys, a bag with only one bottle of water and a small bag of chips (even though there were 3 of us staying in the room), then spoke rapidly to inform me of the breakfast hours. He did not give me directions to my room nor tell me that I had to put a tag in my car (we were charged an extra $25 parking fee). To make matters worse, he even gave me the wrong internet access code which we only found out when we went up to our room. After rushing me through the check in process, he went back to chat with the women in the skimpy dresses. The hotel is located on a busy street. Unlike the windows in the breakfast area, the windows in our room on the 9th floor are not sound proof. The walls in our room are extremely thin. We could hear traffic noises, people talking loudly and walking in the hallways all night. Needless to say, we did not have a good night's sleep. The ventilation vents in the bathroom looked like they had not been cleaned for a long time. They were caked with dust. The wallpaper and paint was also peeling in many areas. See photos. We were extremely relieved to check out the next day. We have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express hotels and have alway had good experiences. This Holiday Inn Express is just not on par with the other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Never in my life have I been to a hotel that plays loud country music in the lobby. What kind of hotel does that? Your check-in staff needs training in customer service and your rooms need major removation and cleaning. We will never stay at this hotel ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn