I stayed here with my family in March, basically to celebrate my niece's 21st Birthday. They wanted to have a good time at Dave & Buster's, which is basically 1.5 Blocks away. This was the main reason I chose this hotel. I did not expect much, but hoped for the best - as we had three rooms. From the time we arrived, we were met with nothing but smiles, cordial services and an accommodating staff; who made us all feel welcome and special. Our rooms were not only clean, but roomier than we expected. The best part of the stay was the quietness of the hotel, the ease of access to I-95 and the shuttle bus. The driver took us to The Reading Terminal Market and gave us some tips about places to go - as he drove us there. Heck, we even called him and he returned to pick us up a few hours later. We had an especially memorable time in Philly and a safe trip all in all. I would recommend this hotel to people that know the Philly area or what they want to do. This location is peaceful, but not much to do in the immediate area. If you look at the maps and devise a plan, their shuttle service can get you on your way. The price was right and my hunch the same - about picking this hotel, over the other over-priced Center City options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn