“A Pleasant Experience (A Memorable Stay)”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing
Ranked #38 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“A Pleasant Experience (A Memorable Stay)”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here with my family in March, basically to celebrate my niece's 21st Birthday. They wanted to have a good time at Dave & Buster's, which is basically 1.5 Blocks away. This was the main reason I chose this hotel. I did not expect much, but hoped for the best - as we had three rooms. From the time we arrived, we were met with nothing but smiles, cordial services and an accommodating staff; who made us all feel welcome and special. Our rooms were not only clean, but roomier than we expected. The best part of the stay was the quietness of the hotel, the ease of access to I-95 and the shuttle bus. The driver took us to The Reading Terminal Market and gave us some tips about places to go - as he drove us there. Heck, we even called him and he returned to pick us up a few hours later. We had an especially memorable time in Philly and a safe trip all in all. I would recommend this hotel to people that know the Philly area or what they want to do. This location is peaceful, but not much to do in the immediate area. If you look at the maps and devise a plan, their shuttle service can get you on your way. The price was right and my hunch the same - about picking this hotel, over the other over-priced Center City options.

Room Tip: There isn't much of a view, outside of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and maybe the river view - l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Larry D,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in Philadelphia.

Your mention of "A Memorable Stay" is our utmost goal! I will be sure that the staff see's your comments. It will really make their day.

Thank you so much again. Have a great summer!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manheim, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been reading the reviews since this property has become a holiday express from comfort. I must say that the only review that was true in our case was the noise factor but that only seemed to have bothered me . Everyone else slept thru the night and did not hear the traffic. I must say that no one here was unfriendly or rude. They even sent the shuttle to pick us up on the first day. It is close to the historic district that we walked the second day. At nite we could see the fireworks from the camden riversharks stadium and the bridge was lit. Made for great views. The room was clean and mattress good. The breakfast was your standard holiday affair.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear noraasgranny,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that we were part of your experience here in Philadelphia.

It is great to have past hotel guests comment and like all the work that we've done for renovations. It makes it all worth it!

We hope to see you again. Enjoy your summer!

SF
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although the location has improved its lobby and a new urban park lies across the street this ends the positive comments on this hotel property. The management and staff are useless. I stayed with a group and we had to move people around from rooms that were not cleaned up. One room had a tick in the sheets, luckily it was noticed before anyone got into bed. Another room had a used condom left beside the bed. My room had a wine cork left behind from previous guest and loose change in the corners. When was the last time they vaccumed? My luggage was rifled through in my room and all the cash in my locked carry on was stolen. Management did nothing. Took some notes and checked the lock for entry times. Manager on duty could not find an official incident report - probably all used up - and did not know who was even working. Filed a police report which all they did was take my name and give me a number. I happened to be there while they were cleaning rooms and every room on my floor was open with no maids in sight. Anyone can go into any room they want to and take anything. The manager said that they do not open the doors unless the guest has checked out. That is so untrue. I was in the halls with all those open doors and peoples luggage in their rooms laying about. Do not stay here if you want to keep any valuables or if you want a clean room to sleep in. I have traveled all my life and thought this could never happen in the US. Watch out - it does. Pay a few bucks more and stay at a better hotel. You will be better off.

Room Tip: Don't stay here you will regret it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear David1011,

Thank you for your recent stay. Your experience is not typical of our property. We appreciate the feedback so that we can improve. We continuously stive to be the best in Philadelphia. If we should fall short, we appriciate it when guests bring that to our attention.

I have forwarded your comments to the proper Manager.

Thank you again for your feedback.

NY
Reviewed May 5, 2013

It is not often that I take the time to give praise to an hotel specifically for their personal.
Usually attitude clouds my impression somewhere during a stay.
Not at the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing.

From the moment we checked in meeting Cynthia at the front desk,
to check out five days later, it was nothing but positive,
accommodating, efficient, smiling employees.

I single out Cynthia because returning to Philadelphia, after may years away; I was
acutely aware how much the city had changed. Obviously I was not quite sure how
to navigate this "new" environment. I needed help and Cynthia, when available,
took the time with great suggestions, sound advice and in such a charming way.
Each day upon return, she would inquire as to how our day went.

I also would like to make special note of another contributor to our successful stay,
Denver at breakfast. He is a great way to start the day off positively with his good
humor and interest in making sure all was to our liking.

I don't have names but when I called for additional hangers, within minutes there
was a knock at our door and a very pleasant gentlemen delivered what we needed.
Housekeeping was also very considerate and completely nonintrusive.
These may seem like small insignificant encounters but they contribute to making
a stay memorable and more enjoyable.

Thank You to them all.
They are doing something right here and we will definitely be back.

Ed Johnson

Room Tip: The room with a view of the B F Bridge was awesome, try to get it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jejNY,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review and comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We strive on hiring the best in the hospitality business! And provide very strick training. Cynthia was very excited when you mentioned her name. Your comments really made her day! Thank you.

We hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer!

Belvidere, New Jersey
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have stayed here in the past prior to holiday inn express took it over and were well away of being in the middle of a expressway, street /bridge traffic and train traffic but the view of the bridge is worth it.... Of course once you utilize the a/c - heat in your room it drowns out the outside noise.... Lets not forget we are visiting a City and not the suburbs.... The rooms are brand new as well as the rest of the hotel..... The price is right. Parking is extra but once again this is a city not sure if you can find private parking less then $25. The free 20 block radius shuttle from the hotel is a plus. The free continental breakfest can not be beat.

• Stayed April 2013
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Nicetohaveabuck,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in Philadelphia.

I will be sure to share your comments with our Team.

Have a great summer! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

People at the front desk are nice and helpful. There are two computers, each with its own printer, down in the lobby. Nice breakfast area, it works just fine as lounge area during the rest of the day. Rooms are large and clean. Flat screen TVs, electronic safe for money or important documents (they also have some available at the front desk, if you ask), large bathroom, good housekeeping service. Even though the hotel is basically on the street, and cars drive preatty fast, you don't hear them from your room, so you can sleep sound in your comfy bed. Only fault is, the housekeeping maids start their job early, so if you want to wake up later than 8.30-9, you better hang the "do not disturb" sign on your door handle!
I really enjoyed my time here :)

• Stayed April 2013
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guidocorona,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy that you had a nice time here at our hotel and in Philadelphia.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team here at our hotel.

Thank you so much again! We hope to see you again soon.

Kirkintilloch, Glasgow
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night in April 13. The Hotel was very nice & clean the & Staff were very friendly The only negative being that the breakfast was disappointing (practically non-existent)

A note for those who like to walk - The Hotel was quite hard to find by walking however if driving it is very central.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Catherine P,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We have worked on some kinks with our breakfast to make refilling of the items faster. We hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in Philadelphia.

Thank you again.